• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
cheating + lack of updates really has me thinking this game is about to peak. I'm already falling back onto other games.

Come on Blueballs, give us something.

Gameoverbro

Nov 12, 2017
I'm starting to question most of my deaths now and it sucks. Usually the ones that bother me are the deaths from long range headshots and not one shot missing me with a m4. I started to record my games just to have some proof if I need to report someone to Blueballs.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate as I really like seeing the game do well. Reminds me of the early days of CS. I am curious if they can curb the mass amount of cheating.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with those calling for an end to selling lootbox items. Allow for trading, but that's it.

I'm sure that'll kill off a lot of the cheaters.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It makes sense that the game is being overrun with cheaters, it's extremely popular, and it's also janky as all hell. They don't have the resources to clean up the game code, of course they don't have the resources to stop a million people that want to cheat.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
Given it's success and genre understandable that hackers would gravitate towards a game like this.

Also since the matchmaking lobbies are so big this increases the probability of encounter them.

But i'm also not convinced the xbox version is the solution. We still don't know how it's going to play on controllers, I could easily see it having clunky and frustrating controls for things like turning, or using long range/medium weapons.

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We really need to be able to spectate the people that kill us (in solo). I like how you can do that in Fortnite. Very easy to record cheaters\teamers that way.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of stuff out there about how many cheats there are. But I would love to read more about how feasible/effective detecting cheats is on what's fundamentally an open platform.

I remember reading that it's easy to detect commercial cheats with a memory fingerprint, but impossible to detect private cheats where the person has the source code (and can just recompile differently to disguise the fingerprint) Still true? False? Mis-remembered BS?

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really been insufferable. I'm hoping it's something that can be corrected or drastically reduced before it hits 1.0, because the game is currently at a worse state than when it was when it launched in Early Access. I know they've been taking measures to prevent it already but it doesn't discount the fact that I've been facing cheaters numerous times every night.

This is a bit off-topic but ever since they decided to start charging money for micro-transactions they've lost the benefit of having issues like cheating devices excused for them. If the game is good enough for them to consider charging us for it or parts of it, it's good enough to be criticised as a finished product.

I think that we shouldn't look at the game as something that is in early-access any longer, just as I feel the same about any other "early-access" games that charges for part, or all, of its content.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
My group and I decided to pause PUBG until 1.0 because of the cheating. It was at the point where every second game or so we'd get wiped by a headshot guy.

I wonder if paying to unlock crates will help to drive away the cheaters.

Arrgh, PUBG circa April-June was so much fun.

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
Will the Xbox One X version be the definitive version since their shouldn't be any cheat programs?

Last edited:

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but how do consoles prevent cheating? I remember watching a GameXplain stream where one of the players was blatantly cheating in Mario Kart 8 WiiU

Nintendo aren't exactly known for their security.

I mean, I've seen people saying you can literally download DRM free Wii U Games, DLC and Updates directly FROM Nintendo.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Even when you don't die to cheaters, you suspect you did and it just ruins everything. I think this game has the most cheaters I've seen in a PC game for a very long time.

This is not the norm in other games, a lot of things are calculated client side in this amateurishly developed shooter as if they were making an MMO just like their other games. It's ripe for cheating. In other FPS you get wallhacks or aimbots at most.... In this game you have teleporters, speedhacks and a whole lot of other things on top of that I have no idea about as not everything is servers side. Speed hackers are the most common I see.

To make things worse, they are using that worthless of AC, battleeye and there is no risk of getting VAC banned and possibly risk your steam account for market and elsewhere.

Last edited:

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Will the Xbox One X version be the definitive version since their shouldn't be any cheat programs?
It's still possible to cheat, it's just very, very, very difficult to do (making it more unlikely to ever encounter cheating). The bigger problem will be if they allow crossplay with PC.

CrownSeven

Oct 27, 2017
I'm joining this camp.

The Xbox version is going to bring in so many people that are fed up with cheating, though I'm not sure how the game play will change. Precision from mouse and keyboard will be gone and some control features are going to be gone.

Thought it was announced that they are working on bringing keyboard/mouse support to the xbox? Wouldn't it be nice if it was available on the same day PUBG comes to the xbox?

OP
OP
Haze

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Is it extremely common now? Been traveling a lot and haven't played in 2-3 weeks.

It seems like we run into a couple ever night. My and my team routinely finish in the top 10 so spending 30ish minutes and then not having a chance is extremely frustrating and undermines the point in even playing the game.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Going to Xbox isn't a fix for the real problem. It's just a workaround for those of us who have the means to do so. They really need to fix the problem with hackers but I'm not going to try and armchair dev and tell them how to do it because I have no idea. I just know since I came back a few weeks ago after a 6 week break, it's so much worse than before.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thought it was announced that they are working on bringing keyboard/mouse support to the xbox? Wouldn't it be nice if it was available on the same day PUBG comes to the xbox?
Love the notification alert. Decided to hop on here and immediately saw this post was made a minute ago.

If they did announce that, I'm certainly unaware of it. If that's the case, the Xbox One version is definitely going to be the better one. And as mentioned by someone in the posts above, it will still be possible to cheap, but very, very hard to do so on Xbox One.

tryceup

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like we run into a couple ever night. My and my team routinely finish in the top 10 so spending 30ish minutes and then not having a chance is extremely frustrating and undermines the point in even playing the game.

No doubt. That's a bummer. I basically play PUBG and Siege....so I guess I basically play Siege now...lol

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I'm glad the game is coming to consoles. PCs have some great advantages over consoles. I've got a really nice gaming PC myself, but there are sometimes reasons why it's better to play on console, and avoiding cheaters can be one of the big reasons.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's still possible to cheat, it's just very, very, very difficult to do (making it more unlikely to ever encounter cheating). The bigger problem will be if they allow crossplay with PC.
How is it going to be possible to cheat if you cant run custom code on the xbox one? The xbox 360 was a different story since people were able to modify the games itself and run custom code, but there's not going to be cheating on the xbox one version as of now

AdropOFvenom

Oct 27, 2017
Even when you don't die to cheaters, you suspect you did and it just ruins everything. I think this game has the most cheaters I've seen in a PC game for a very long time.

This is not the norm in other games, a lot of things are calculated client side in this amateurishly developed shooter as if they were making an MMO just like their other games. It's ripe for cheating. In other FPS you get wallhacks or aimbots at most.... In this game you have teleporters, speedhacks and a whole lot of other things on top of that I have no idea about as not everything is servers side. Speed hackers are the most common I see.

To make things worse, they are using that worthless of AC, battleeye and there is no risk of getting VAC banned and possibly risk your steam account for market and elsewhere.

Yeah, this is part of the problem as well. Now that the cat is out of the bag and everyone knows about it, every headshot from some distance with an AR gets questioned too even though it might be legit because everyone is so paranoid about the game now.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Bit off topic but I really wish Chinese players were region locked. It's incredibly annoying to queue into solo/squad and have your match be 50 - 75% Chinese. And I'm on NA.

qssm

Oct 26, 2017
I have seen in the last couple of weeks on every squad game I have played a cheater, but zero cheaters in the duo games. Not sure why they're all in the squad mode (or maybe as well in solo, I don't play it so I don't know if solo is filled with them).

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This is why i don't play FPS on PC like I used too, i remember BF3/4 having bots in 2 days of launch, Call of Duty is just as bad, I wanted to try PUBG, but i knew with that many players bound to have a fuck ton of hackers, i play CSGO sparingly, last 2 times i played I ran into hackers, these fuckers forget the kill cam show everything, player is shooting before he sees you is a dead giveaway..

OP
OP
Haze

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I didn't have a problem with people being able to go to other regions before, but if a huge portion of the cheaters are in fact from Asian servers then they should at least temporarily region lock the servers.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
that's why I'll play it on Xbox to avoid this.

That is the problem though. People shouldn't be pigeon holed into a console version because the devs can't be bothered to figure out how to keep cheaters away. Fuck that noise, get it fixed across the board. I almost pulled the trigger for this game over the weekend, think I'll hold off

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Sad to say but I knew this was coming. It happened to H1Z1, and it will happen to FortNite too. This is exactly what pushed me out of H1Z1, and while I stopped playing PUBG because of technical issues, this is just another reason to hold out and wait before hopping back in.

It sucks. But it seems like these battleroyale games are more susceptible to hacking more than anything.

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn i really wanted this game. Everytime i want to buy it, i stumble over bad Steam reviews where they complain about cheaters. Even friends who play it complain about getting killed in weird/questionably ways. Does the game not have any sort of demo recording or kill cam to actually prove if someone is cheating? Looks like i have to pass for now :(
Actually that's a good point. In alpha the game had a player tracking/mapping system, and apparently they want to bring this back for full release.

That would 100% fix the issue and hopefully make anti cheat systems super easy.

At a glance anyone or their mother would be able to see if someone was cheating. You literally see an overview of the map and players and their movement lines throughout the whole game. Cheaters would be zipping by beelines and their kills would be clustered.

Oct 27, 2017
Thats why i have no problem paying for PS+ or Live

There were cheaters on Xbox Live on 360. There were no cheaters on Wii U before it got hacked.

It's not a matter of "paid vs. free". It's a matter of "open vs. closed". The moment you can run arbitrary code on any platform, people will cheat. I doesn't matter if you attach a price tag to your service or offer it for free.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Did this get bad recently? I haven't encountered a cheater in the time I played but maybe I just got lucky.