• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, also playing competitive fps with controller, yikes!

I get what you're saying but I don't think it's an issue if everyone is "handicapped" with the same input method. It'll be fine. I've put 400 hours into the PC version and I'm genuinely looking forward to playing with a controller on Xbox, mostly due to IRL friends finally able to play though.

OT: The cheating has completely driven me away from PUBG, it went from my GOTY to something I never want to boot up again on PC. I'm not entirely confident Bluehole will be able to get a handle on this either.

Nov 8, 2017
A question about Valve Anti Cheat. Could Bluehole or any publisher utilize VAC or is it only implemented in Valve games? I find it does a pretty good job of finding and banning cheaters but I could be wrong. What method is Bluehole currently using, proprietary?

Oct 27, 2017
This is why i don't play FPS on PC like I used too, i remember BF3/4 having bots in 2 days of launch, Call of Duty is just as bad, I wanted to try PUBG, but i knew with that many players bound to have a fuck ton of hackers, i play CSGO sparingly, last 2 times i played I ran into hackers, these fuckers forget the kill cam show everything, player is shooting before he sees you is a dead giveaway..

Totally anecdotical, but in 120 hours I have encounteres 2 blatant cheaters plus 3 or 4 dubious 'lucky headshots'. Which I think is pretty normal. You should give it a try :)

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
This is a bit off-topic but ever since they decided to start charging money for micro-transactions they've lost the benefit of having issues like cheating devices excused for them. If the game is good enough for them to consider charging us for it or parts of it, it's good enough to be criticised as a finished product.

I think that we shouldn't look at the game as something that is in early-access any longer, just as I feel the same about any other "early-access" games that charges for part, or all, of its content.

Honestly if you pay for a game at any stage of development it's open to be criticized. Early Access is not a shield. Though I don't think they added loot crates in spite of other improvements, they're a pretty large dev team now.

Bit off topic but I really wish Chinese players were region locked. It's incredibly annoying to queue into solo/squad and have your match be 50 - 75% Chinese. And I'm on NA.

I'm not a fan of region-locking personally, especially directed at specific countries even if the majority of the rampant cheating and account theft is originating from Russia and China. They made their own mess by releasing sellable loot crates without really understanding the negative effects it could have, especially to a game this successful.

Actually I feel like every misstep this game has taken recently is due to the pub/devs not equipped or experienced enough to deal with this much success, especially so quickly.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheating is a major reason why I don't play online gaming anymore. Pretty much every single big online hit become a cheating nest sooner or later and if you're up for a serious or comp playing it'll be ending up frustrating and irritating for you. Devs takes little to no effort at all to counter cheating and I doubt they might even encourage it because "it's fun". For that reason online play it's toxic and annoying.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I said this in another thread a long time ago, but cheating is a much larger problem in 100 player games, because you're that much more likely that you'll have a cheater in your lobby. Just 1/200 cheaters means that there's one in every other lobby, and it's very likely that you'll encounter them if you're a semi-decent player because of how the decent players always converge and meet one another.

If you're consistently top 10, expect to be killed by a cheater every few games.

We've yet to see any cheat detection systems that can combat this. So it'll be interesting to see what Bluehole do.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
The cheaters are so bad in PUBG that I refuse to play it now.
It's almost borderline unplayable right now. Bluehole needs to do something.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
How is cheating on current gen consoles these days? Is it even an issue?
Only thing I play online multiplayer for is Overwatch and it's mostly abusing glitches to get into favourable off-map positions and become invulnerable, though apparently some players also use DoS attacks to disconnect enemy players (I think it requires you to have accepted a party invite from them). Seems like a lot of effort tbh.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
Where did you hear this?

Do you have a link for this? That would be great news if it was true.

I seriously doubt this will be achieved if true especially considering the base models.

I tried to find the source, but I could not. I believe it was on twitch when they streamed the Xbox version... But now, I ain't sure.

bullets.gif

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Honestly if you pay for a game at any stage of development it's open to be criticized. Early Access is not a shield. Though I don't think they added loot crates in spite of other improvements, they're a pretty large dev team now.

I'm not a fan of region-locking personally, especially directed at specific countries even if the majority of the rampant cheating and account theft is originating from Russia and China. They made their own mess by releasing sellable loot crates without really understanding the negative effects it could have, especially to a game this successful.

Actually I feel like every misstep this game has taken recently is due to the pub/devs not equipped or experienced enough to deal with this much success, especially so quickly.
Atleast Russians play on their servers, Chinese feel the need to play only on NA.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Damn this is crazy. I'm surprised that the issue blew up in such a short amount of time.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't play PC, but this is exactly the reason why I disable Crossplay on any game which tried to match me with PC.

When they enabled crossplay for Gears 4, I was like this is amazing but after a few days I came across pc players who would headshot me with the Markza everytime I spawned while doing raping movements - I then proceeded to google 'gears of war 4 aim bot' and saw the download link!!

PUBG isn't crossplay is it?

OP
OP
Haze

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI

This was the straw that broke the camel's back last night. This was the third game where fishy shit was going on. I would have had more footage of him taking out multiple entire 4 man squads within seconds but I only started recording after that.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play PC, but this is exactly the reason why I disable Crossplay on any game which tried to match me with PC.

When they enabled crossplay for Gears 4, I was like this is amazing but after a few days I came across pc players who would headshot me with the Markza everytime I spawned while doing raping movements - I then proceeded to google 'gears of war 4 aim bot' and saw the download link!!

PUBG isn't crossplay is it?

If it is they're likely to have an option to segregate.

I moved onto Destiny 2 completely because of this

Sorry.

Is Bluehole doing anything to combat the cheaters?

They're banning the hell out of players but they really have to find a better way, something that proactively takes out the players instead of after they ruin the game for tons of people and then get reported.

Kinthalis

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The architecture is wrong. You can't have the server trusting the clients in a game like this so implicitly.

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved cheating/trolling playing Arma when I was a kid, looks like things haven't changed that much.
They'd put me in a ring ring ring banana room for a minute but it didn't help. :D

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Wow it's that bad huh? I haven't played since August and up until then I'd only come across one (obvious) cheater. Me and my friends are going to start playing again when 1.0 hits so hope it's not that bad.

Weeniekuns

Oct 27, 2017
Wow it's that bad huh? I haven't played since August and up until then I'd only come across one (obvious) cheater. Me and my friends are going to start playing again when 1.0 hits so hope it's not that bad.

I don't think its any worse than any other big budget PC game but it's more glaring because you are playing 1vs99 as opposed to 4v4 so you are more likely to encounter a cheater in any given match.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I can usually brush off people using hacks in games, from map hacks in Starcraft to aim bots in Counter-Strike, but the fact that there is no respawn in a match of PUBG with each match taking a significant amount of time makes it extremely aggravating.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
next time someone makes a "why do you still game on console ?" thread... remember this is one of the answers. Freedom comes with a price.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
And people still dont understand why people pay a ridiculous amount for PS Plus and Gold. It took me YEARS to swallow it. But in the end, the most marvelous thing your paying for, is paying for a cheaters free platform. I hope the X1 version of this game will be succesful.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think its any worse than any other big budget PC game but it's more glaring because you are playing 1vs99 as opposed to 4v4 so you are more likely to encounter a cheater in any given match.

Yeah that makes sense. The one obvious cheater I saw was zipping around in the sky whilst everyone was dropping in, killing everyone with a single punch, It made me laugh. Looking forward to playing again anyway, hopefully EU isn't that bad.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "vast majority" of the cheaters are from China:

chinanumba1vru19.png
The vast majority of players is from China
And people still dont understand why people pay a ridiculous amount for PS Plus and Gold. It took me YEARS to swallow it. But in the end, the most marvelous thing your paying for, is paying for a cheaters free platform. I hope the X1 version of this game will be succesful.
Lmfao this has nothing to do with online being paid or not.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
In my experience cheaters are a rarity in PC shooters. You might come across one every once in a while, maybe 1 in 50 games. PUBG cheaters are more like 1 in 5 games atm.

Oct 27, 2017

I said it before, I say it again. Having PS+ or XBL Gold doesn't mean squat for the security of the titles. The Xbox 360 was blown wide open and was full of hacks, but you still needed Gold to play online. The Wii U's online services were free and remained cheat-free until the system was compromised.

Whether you're paying a fee or not doesn't determine the security of the system, nor the response by the developers once the system is breached. What you're looking for is not "free vs. paid", but rather "open vs. closed" platforms.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I said it before, I say it again. Having PS+ or XBL Gold doesn't mean squat for the security of the titles. The Xbox 360 was blown wide open and was full of hacks, but you still needed Gold to play online. The Wii U's online services were free and remained cheat-free until the system was compromised.

Whether you're paying a fee or not doesn't determine the security of the system, nor the response by the developers once the system is breached. What you're looking for is not "free vs. paid", but rather "open vs. closed" platforms.

Well, a part of me make me feel paying give them ressource to prevent their system being cracked. If Microsoft in the past was not paying attention to this, im pretty sure now its way more secure than it was, and the money we put in gave them ressource to make it the most secure possible. No system is perfect, but im feeling more hack free on consoles. On PC, it always seem to be free for all. It might be more as you said open vs close platforms, but if companies, even Nintendo in the future, will charge a little something, its not just for the profit, but for keeping online gaming part safe.Look one title on PC that try to be the most hack free possible, WoW. Your paying for server services. Yes there is bots, but i never experience to see a hacker in that game( ok havent played that game in like 5 years, my point might no longer be valid but.. )Money we put torward these service help. Like im sure they put lots of effort in console so it stay that way. If it was hell break lose like PC, nobody would dig consoles for multiplayer.

Mike Double U

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I will not be supporting Bluehole by double dipping on Xbox with the game in the state it is on PC right now. I can't believe there's so many people willing to shell out more money just to get away from the hackers. That said, if the game on PC isn't fixed at least I got $30 worth out of PUBG. (I'm sitting at 385 hours right now).
The solution is simple. Don`t permit chinese to play in other servers than Asia.

I thought of this too. At least it would help the players on the other servers. I'd feel even more for the Asian players though.