• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I loved this game, but I just got second place to a hacker (again) and I'm tired of it. Bluehole needs to do something more about this, now. Something drastic. This is how the end of PUBG's growth begins if they don't. For fuck's sake.

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
I have PUBG and was considering jumping back in. Thanks for the heads up, this saves me some frustration and time. Will wait another month or so to jump back in again.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

This was the straw that broke the camel's back last night. This was the third game where fishy shit was going on. I would have had more footage of him taking out multiple entire 4 man squads within seconds but I only started recording after that.

Where's the cheat here ?
It's not like you guys were 4 versus one. It was a whole team. If it was a hacker why would they have to play hide and seek.
You cant just explain "I lost it must be hax".

OP
OP
Haze

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Where's the cheat here ?
It's not like you guys were 4 versus one. It was a whole team. If it was a hacker why would they have to play hide and seek.
You cant just explain "I lost it must be hax".

Are you serious? It is EXTREMELY unlikely for this player to be this lethal from this distance with automatic fire and for him to be prefiring when someone is in cover before they even peak out.

No one's mentioned the recoil macros but that shit is cheating too.

Good luck with the hackers then. Lol

I think I'll just some other genre to play until when/if PUBG gets fixed.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, a part of me make me feel paying give them ressource to prevent their system being cracked. If Microsoft in the past was not paying attention to this, im pretty sure now its way more secure than it was, and the money we put in gave them ressource to make it the most secure possible. No system is perfect, but im feeling more hack free on consoles. On PC, it always seem to be free for all. It might be more as you said open vs close platforms, but if companies, even Nintendo in the future, will charge a little something, its not just for the profit, but for keeping online gaming part safe.Look one title on PC that try to be the most hack free possible, WoW. Your paying for server services. Yes there is bots, but i never experience to see a hacker in that game( ok havent played that game in like 5 years, my point might no longer be valid but.. )Money we put torward these service help. Like im sure they put lots of effort in console so it stay that way. If it was hell break lose like PC, nobody would dig consoles for multiplayer.

I've been playing a ton of Destiny 2 on PC. I don't know how much, since Battle.net doesn't surface those metrics, but it has to be more than the 20 something hours I spent with PUBG before getting rid of it. In all this time, I haven't encountered a single hacker on PC. Sure, there are people who use lag switches or aim assist, but that's also present on console. Destiny 2's multiplayer is free on PC.

The problem of cheating on PC vs consoles is not as black or white as you make it seem. It's far more nuanced than "all PC games are full of cheaters". Even if many are, it's up to the developer to do as much as possible to, first, prevent cheaters from cheating and, second, ban those cheaters. I don't feel Bluehole is doing much and some people are oh so willing to give them a pass because "the game is just fun!", "I haven't encountered a single cheater, so it's my experience against yours" or "that was no cheat, git gud".

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious? It is EXTREMELY unlikely for this player to be this lethal from this distance with automatic fire and for him to be prefiring when someone is in cover before they even peak out.

No one's mentioned the recoil macros but that shit is cheating too.

Yes I am. Multiple times in the video, especially the end where your friend was alone versus the two of them. If there was effective cheat going on, I believe this would've been settled a lot earlier than the moment where they ran to the truck.
What you dont take into account is that they were in hills and may have seen you and just waited for you to be more visible. So yes, I'm seriously saying that, for a supposedly cheater or two being against half of their squad, they're not really acting suspiciously. I call out cheat when guys are pulling impossible tricks.

They had automatic fire indeed (but the scar L, which is really stable, especially with a suppressor). And if they had you in sight for a moment before shooting, well, you get the reason why the person in camouflage was shot down fast.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Are there cheaters in PUBG? Sure.
Are you going to find them in every match you play? Not by a long shot.

There's been very few games where something was fishy, and even fewer where the cheats were blatant.
While it's true they can't and won't ban everyone who cheats, they'll more than certainly ban the majority of the most blatant cheats and cheaters. Some will have private hacks or attempt to be less obvious and of course keep playing. A fair portion I'd imagine will either get banned or see friends get banned and may hold off on cheating.

It's really no different than CSGO or other games. It's just such a huge population and the 'in' thing at the moment.

OP
OP
Haze

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yes I am. Multiple times in the video, especially the end where your friend was alone versus the two of them. If there was effective cheat going on, I believe this would've been settled a lot earlier than the moment where they ran to the truck.
What you dont take into account is that they were in hills and may have seen you and just waited for you to be more visible. So yes, I'm seriously saying that, for a supposedly cheater or two being against half of their squad, they're not really acting suspiciously. I call out cheat when guys are pulling impossible tricks.

They had automatic fire indeed (but the scar L, which is really stable, especially with a suppressor). And if they had you in sight for a moment before shooting, well, you get the reason why the person in camouflage was shot down fast.

We see where the enemies are there is no way they are able to see the exact positioning and be able to prefire like that. I don't buy it. The SCAR is not accurate enough to realistically land 8-9 shots directly to the head with no misses, fully auto, from that range. It's extremely far fetched for it to happen once, let alone 2 more times.

People didn't all of a sudden git gud like this over night and people who could possibly do things like this are not going to get matched up with regular players.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
We see where the enemies are there is no way they are able to see the exact positioning and be able to prefire like that. I don't buy it. The SCAR is not accurate enough to realistically land 8-9 shots directly to the head with no misses, fully auto, from that range. It's extremely far fetched for it to happen once, let alone 2 more times.

How can you claim there's no way they cant see you ? As I said, they're on top of a hill, it's in the 3rd person mode, so they can move the camera freely. As for prefire, some of your squadmates are claiming the user is chinese, could be lag related. Ticketrate and lag are a thing. As I said, if the person was indeed cheating in the way you claim, they wouldn't need to wait for the one on one encounter. Heck, the squad would've been wiped without even being able to land a hit.

OP
OP
Haze

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
How can you claim there's no way they cant see you ? As I said, they're on top of a hill, it's in the 3rd person mode, so they can move the camera freely. As for prefire, some of your squadmates are claiming the user is chinese, could be lag related. Ticketrate and lag are a thing. As I said, if the person was indeed cheating in the way you claim, they wouldn't need to wait for the one on one encounter. Heck, the squad would've been wiped without even being able to land a hit.

I never said they couldn't see us I said that being realistic, i find it extremely hard to believe one can know exact positioning of someone who is behind cover with 100% precise knowedge of where the head will be milliseconds after it peaks up. We didn't land a single hit on this guy. Did you also miss the part where he landed 4-5 full auto shots with 100% accuracy while running?

Edit: also Tick rate would cause a delay in going behind cover, it won't place you in front of cover before you've moved passed it. Come on now.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but how do consoles prevent cheating? I remember watching a GameXplain stream where one of the players was blatantly cheating in Mario Kart 8 WiiU

PS4, Xbox One and Switch are currently unhacked. You can't run unauthorized code on them, so it's currently impossible to cheat on them. All last gen machines (Wii U, Wii, 360, PS3) are currently hacked.

The only "cheats" on the current gen consoles are lag switches that can delay your internet connection at will and the XIM mouse/keyboard adapter. These are external devices. Any other cheats you may find are just abusing game glitches, which the developers can patch.

Subscription fees will not do anything against cheats unlike what some are claiming. The lowlife human garbage is currently laser focused on hacking the PS4, and when that happens all hell will break loose. PS Plus is not going to do anything against them. Xbox One seems to be safe because of lack of interest - not many games for them to pirate as everything is coming to PC too.

It's ridiculous. Wallhacks, aimbots, speedhacks, I've seen everything.

If this game releases like this, it's dead.

This is what it looks like for the hackers. This guy was dumb enough to stream himself.
What. A. Incredible. Sad. Tool.

Like, these are the users ruining it for everyone out there. Too bad at the game so i gotta increase my walk speed and aim skill so i can chicken dinner even the shittiest of games. Must be feeling real good to have the soulless gratification of winning with cheats.

But hey, i bet he is like ''The game allows it so why not take advantage of it? 10/10 git gud son'' when confronted by it. From a gamer's perspective, GTFO with these people.

I feel the same. The game is destroyed. Every single has an encounter with a cheater... And BlueHole does nothing to stop that.
They actually do A LOT to combat it if Battleye is to be believed, so yeah.

According to Battleye the vast majority of cheaters are from China, so a simple solution is to region lock the servers, this would make a huge difference overnight.
Given the government imposes such limitations on them its not really strange that they would look for anything to experience ''freedom'' in a more general sense. Even when it means being a shitty cheat in an online game that literally does nothing to their real life situation.

That is a shame. Nothing kills a online game faster than cheaters.
That, and people with dumbass strats. Intentionally staying in the blue knowing that you will die anyways and try to pick people off at a distance that want to avoid said blue is just stupid. The whole point of the game is to stay away from the blue. All it does is piss people off and you will die from it anyways.
That and stream snipers.

Is Bluehole doing anything to combat the cheaters?
They are. It would be kind of counter-productive if they didnt.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
From what I've read, they've banned over 320,000 (!) accounts, and are banning thousands per day. And this isn't enough to tide the wave of cheaters. The scale of the issue is only amplified with the monetary incentive to cheat with the marketplace.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing daily with a friend for the last few weeks and I can't definitively say we've encountered any cheaters. I feel like half of my deaths come outta nowhere so it's impossible to say for certain that the person was cheating. Regardless, I hope Bluehole are able to stamp out the majority of cheating, game will slowly bleed to death otherwise.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
Intentionally staying in the blue knowing that you will die anyways and try to pick people off at a distance that want to avoid said blue is just stupid. The whole point of the game is to stay away from the blue. All it does is piss people off and you will die from it anyways.

Like all other multiplayer games, a good chunk of the player base derive considerable pleasure not from winning but from making other players miserable. That IS their chicken dinner.

Like all other multiplayer games, a good chunk of the player base derive considerable pleasure not from winning but from making other players miserable. That IS their chicken dinner.
So forgoing the goal of the game, not even trying to play the game as intended and ignoring obvious rules just to fuck other people over in a game increasingly getting more terrorized by aimbots and cheaters.

Yeah, i can see now why i dont play online.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
PS4, Xbox One and Switch are currently unhacked. You can't run unauthorized code on them, so it's currently impossible to cheat on them. All last gen machines (Wii U, Wii, 360, PS3) are currently hacked.

The only "cheats" on the current gen consoles are lag switches that can delay your internet connection at will and the XIM mouse/keyboard adapter. These are external devices. Any other cheats you may find are just abusing game glitches, which the developers can patch.

Subscription fees will not do anything against cheats unlike what some are claiming. The lowlife human garbage is currently laser focused on hacking the PS4, and when that happens all hell will break loose. PS Plus is not going to do anything against them. Xbox One seems to be safe because of lack of interest - not many games for them to pirate as everything is coming to PC too.

yea people who have fun looking to crack video game consoles are lowlife human garbage

this place sometimes lmao

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Guess I won't be playing unless it comes to PS4 eventually. I'm not gonna waste large amounts of time to just get killed by a hacker.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday was the first time I was sure that a cheater got me. Played duo with a friend and one player killed us both with headshots from an UMP while we were driving past them.

Is the cheating a bigger problem in solo matches? Because I almost never play in that mode.

Wish they would not just ban cheaters but put em on cheater-only servers and only give am worthless items from loot boxes.

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cant believe this game is a contender for Game of the year ... fortnite is so far the better und more fun BR game

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I still voted it as mine for the game awards (it's not my actual GOTY but it is within the contenders). Even with all the bullshit that popped up in the last few weeks, I've had a blast with the other 300 or so hours I put into it.

It's in my top ten list as well - I thought when it was first introduced the battle Royale setting was pretty novel and exhilarating. The final circle always gets that adrenaline into gear!

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017
I've got ~700h in the game, only seen obvious hackers 3-4 times.
Could it be that your mmr is low and you're just coming up against freshly banned hackers on their new accounts?

Last edited:

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User was warned for making unproven allegations against a developer
Yeah there really is NOTHING in gaming that makes me feel that way. I'm shocked PUBG didn't get an innovation nom.
What is innovative about PUBG? Oh you are right - the assets the bought from the store and try to sell to the players as innovative new features like weapons that they just have to implement?

Deleted member 889

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen hackers a few times, but it's mostly been pretty recent. I still enjoy the hell out of this game and it's still my personal GOTY. I agree with most of the sentiment in the thread, however, that this problem needs to be solved faster. Wonder what the patch last night did for anti-cheat?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
its a unique interpretation of last man standing - the pacing and tense build up that leave you with your emotions riding high just havent been matched with any game i've played this year. I think the length and investment in the matches have something to do with it. It's long enough that you when you do have one shot at winning this thing, you're not gonna give it up for anything.

i'd say any game that can stir you like that is innovative. the way it became an overnight success seems the public at large have resonated with it for similar reasons.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao boy idk what it is about PUBG that evokes the most ridiculous responses from people.
I've noticed that those responses have dramatically increased here since it was announced as a contender for GOTY. It's hilarious. Just look at all the posts in this page going "ugh game is so bad, can't believe it's considered for GOTY!" .

OP
OP
Haze

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've noticed that those responses have dramatically increased here since it was announced as a contender for GOTY. It's hilarious. Just look at all the posts in this page going "ugh game is so bad, can't believe it's considered for GOTY!" .

It honestly makes me hope PUBG wins GOTY at the game awards just to ruffle feathers. Am I an asshole? Oh well.