• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No problem! All credit goes to an Era member who discovered this when they did this last time.

That's strange. I have one for 10% and one for 20% discount.

There is actually one more row below with "None available" that I presume has 30% code.

I was on mobile before but I checked on PC and have two codes as well :O. Thanks to you and the person who posted instructions before.

They were for 10 and 20 but the email was for 30 :S.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have literally not once received an email from Sony with any of these kinds of codes. I'm assuming my email is fucked in their system somewhere.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Thanks, I tried it and I actually got 3 more codes. It looks like this (in german):

But it says I get "0" discount with these codes... lol. I assume this is an error and I'll get a real discount if I use them, but I don't know how much.
I never used a discount code on PSN, how do they work? Are they only lost if I actually click on "purchase" and pay or are they already gone/wasted when I just use them in the shopping cart?
I would like to think it is the former, but I don't have much faith when it comes to things like that on PSN Store.
It's only redeemed when you complete the purchase.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
I wonder if it's do with how much you've spent on the PS Store. My main PS4 ID has a 20% code in the email but my new PS5 ID has only the theme.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
No discount code but a theme in my main PSN account. My secondary PSN account also has a theme and a 10% code. Tried checking the source code of the emails but there is nothing hidden away.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did i run over somebodys dog at sony that i'm not aware of? i never get any of this stuff other than marketing spam :(

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I don't ever get these. Definitely nothing in my inbox! If anyone has a code that they're not using I'd take it... Got some purchases to make!

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Got a working code for the theme and NONE AVAILABLE for the discount code. Checked plain text, but it also said NONE AVAILABLE, 3 times.

I guess they might have generated a certain number of codes, but because many people got multiple ones, the system ran out of codes and started to send NONE AVAILABLE instead.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I have been a Ps plus and ps now subscriber since each released day one. Never got an email with any codes from Sony. Got marketing emails ticked too. Must have spent thousands of £££ in the digital store. Never understood why I never receive any promo emails.

GerDav

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a actual sane reason why the theme cannot be, well I dunno just put up on the store for anyone that wants it to download, or is that just expecting far too much common sense in this day and age.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Got the theme e-mail, and I did this basic Hackerman GCSE exam, and the hidden part of the plain text email gives me three individual 10 alphanumeric codes in there, but
"But wait – there's more, Luckett_X! How about a little something extra to help expand your collection this Christmas?
To celebrate the season in style, enjoy a little something special just for you: save 0 on the items in your PS Store basket! "
so who knows if any of them are valid and which ones are which discount???

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Got the theme e-mail, and I did this basic Hackerman GCSE exam, and the hidden part of the plain text email gives me three individual 10 alphanumeric codes in there, but
"But wait – there's more, Luckett_X! How about a little something extra to help expand your collection this Christmas?
To celebrate the season in style, enjoy a little something special just for you: save 0 on the items in your PS Store basket! "

what Is the exact process for checking these hidden codes? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything....

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017

I also had this text about save 0 on the items and 3 codes below. I tried the first one (without actually checking out, just put it in and then removed) and it was valid and gave 10% discount in my case. I assume that the rest are also valid and also hope that they don't expire until you actually proceed with full checkout

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Got a theme and a 30% coupon.. nice.. how do I check if the coupon works(without using it)?

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
what Is the exact process for checking these hidden codes? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything....
Decoding the first base64 chunk from the email text using certutil on windows 10: https://www.resetera.com/threads/eu-psn-sale-massive-summer-sale-until-21-8.130846/post-23437356

I also had this text about save 0 on the items and 3 codes below. I tried the first one (without actually checking out, just put it in and then removed) and it was valid and gave 10% discount in my case. I assume that the rest are also valid and also hope that they don't expire until you actually proceed with full checkout

So maybe it goes up in increments and the third one is the 30%. Or its something bizarre and given 3 different 10% ones. Either way it seems like the system cocked up and gave some people three codes and invisible, thus using them all up, hence why some people are getting NONE AVAILABLE instead.

Guess I should buy something as I normally never get these?

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017

You can open the email in Gmail, click the three dots in the top right and select "Download email" then open the downloaded ".eml" file in chrome and it should give you the plain text version

Oct 27, 2017
I have 3 hidden codes but they don't say what they're worth. Does anyone know if I can add and remove them without checking out to check?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I get constant emails from Playstation but never the free shit. It's always so sad, I love the Xmas themes.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Got theme, no discount...

But I am wondering if I have a "hidden" discount like last time.... need to find those instructions that was posted the last time Sony sent out gifts.

Edit - found it!!!!

Thanks to people from this other thread maybe those without discount codes can try the following, on mobile myself, so can't for a few hours...

Using the "certutil" in the link above... Sony hid 3 codes from me! 1x 10%, 1x 20% & 1x 30%...

I will at some point give away the 10% & 20% codes, they are valid to the 20th December, but I need to see what I am going to buy first before I do...

I have 3 hidden codes but they don't say what they're worth. Does anyone know if I can add and remove them without checking out to check?

Yes, you can apply the code to see what it does, and there will be an "X" to remove the voucher, the voucher remains valid as it hasn't been used

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd suck a dick for a 20% or 30% discount code if it worked in the NA store.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
You can open the email in Gmail, click the three dots in the top right and select "Download email" then open the downloaded ".eml" file in chrome and it should give you the plain text version

Awesome - thanks.

In the message that just had the theme I have three discount codes. Does anyone know if these stack?🤔

Nume

Oct 28, 2017
So I got the email with the theme code but no discount codes, I opened the email in plain text hoping to dins the codes but I can't make heads or tails of it. When I search for the theme code in there I can't even find that.

How do I decipher this thing?

Edit: Managed to find the codes, got 3 of them but doesn't say how much % they are.

Last edited:

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
First time i received mail with some freebie and of course only a theme. When i checked in text mode i got three times ''None Available'' where the codes for discounts are supposed to be. Thanks PlayStation.

Oct 27, 2017
Using the "certutil" in the link above... Sony hid 3 codes from me! 1x 10%, 1x 20% & 1x 30%...

I will at some point give away the 10% & 20% codes, they are valid to the 20th December, but I need to see what I am going to buy first before I do...

Yes, you can apply the code to see what it does, and there will be an "X" to remove the voucher, the voucher remains valid as it hasn't been used

Thanks, looks like I also have one of each in order!

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20% off code, whoo.

Also for people wondering who gets these, I've spent about £50+ on PSN in last 3 months, so it not just people who rarely buy who get them as encouragement.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
My son got the 20% code, I got nothing (as usual).

Will the 20% code work on my account or just his? We usually just buy everything on mine.

Rumsdiwums

Oct 29, 2017
Tipp:

I had problems with various apps (android), with Chrome (Windows 10 desktop) and with Outlook. No codes at all.

I downloaded thunderbird, saved the mail to the desktop and opened the file with Chrome. Now the 3 codes are showing up.