• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just checked on my PS4, looking for the theme shop, and yet here it is: the sweet sound of nothingness.
Sony doesn't want me to celebrate Christmas, I see. What a Grinch!
A Grinch or?

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got the theme!!!! I never get nothing!!! There's hope!!!!

Aneru

Mar 15, 2019
I didn't receive it either. I had read on some other thread that playstation had some issue working with gmail and that the person had been told to use another provider by the Sony customer service. Don't remember of the thread or if it ended up being BS but I wonder if it is something like that. I haven't received my Bloodborne platinum theme yet either. Maybe I need to set up a different email account just for them...

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
The one last year was awesome, kept my PS4 on for hours listening to it

OP
OP
GreenEarth

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
I didn't receive it either. I had read on some other thread that playstation had some issue working with gmail and that the person had been told to use another provider by the Sony customer service. Don't remember of the thread or if it ended up being BS but I wonder if it is something like that. I haven't received my Bloodborne platinum theme yet either. Maybe I need to set up a different email account just for them...
I received it on my gmail account.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
LOL, I got the email but there's just theme inside.

Then I tried to view the email in text only mode and there are 2 discount codes!

What are they doing? I remember this happened last time when they were sending out codes.

Try it out guys.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
No code for me. Been a PS Plus customer since near when it started on the PS3 too.

Tight to hide the theme behind a code though, they used to just put the holiday ones up on the store for free.

OP
OP
GreenEarth

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019

Then I tried to view the email in text only mode and there are 2 discount codes!

What are they doing? I remember this happened last time when they were sending out codes.

Try it out guys.
That tip goes right in the OP.
Nice one mate.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
I got an email from Playstation!.... about Rainbow Six, a game I tried during a beta once. Thanks Sony.

Deleted member 59

Got the theme but no discount code :( ah well. The themes nice.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Me getting my Platinum Trophy themes is hit or miss so I don't expect to get this.

mueske

Apr 11, 2019
Nice, finally got around to getting The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus.
Gonna play those during christmas break!

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, nothing. Got the email, only theme, no discount code, even viewed the email in plain text.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I tried the plain text trick and apparently, I got the "here's a theme" mail twice. Cursed campaign.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
finally got my first PSN discount email ever!
which is 10% ...
after I bought the games I wanted in the sale yesterday ...
bah humbug

bender

Oct 27, 2017
No luck here. I got the 2017 Holiday Theme but not 2018. If anyone isn't planning on using their discount code, I could make use of it.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017

Try it out guys.

Thanks, I tried it and I actually got 3 more codes. It looks like this (in german):

Moment ... es gibt noch mehr, XXXXXX! Wie wär's mit einem kleinen Extra, um deine Sammlung dieses Weihnachten ein bisschen zu vergrößern?
Damit du die Feiertage stilvoll begehen kannst, haben wir ein kleines Geschenk nur für dich: Erhalte 0 Rabatt auf die Artikel in deinem PS Store-Einkaufswagen!

Verwende dazu einfach deinen persönlichen Code XXXXXXXXXX am Ende des Kaufvorgangs. Gültig bis 20/12/2019 00:59 CET.

Verwende dazu einfach deinen persönlichen Code XXXXXXXXXX am Ende des Kaufvorgangs. Gültig bis 20/12/2019 00:59 CET.

But it says I get "0" discount with these codes... lol. I assume this is an error and I'll get a real discount if I use them, but I don't know how much.
I never used a discount code on PSN, how do they work? Are they only lost if I actually click on "purchase" and pay or are they already gone/wasted when I just use them in the shopping cart?
I would like to think it is the former, but I don't have much faith when it comes to things like that on PSN Store.

Portavoz

Oct 27, 2017
I got two 20% codes. One of them was hidden and I extracted it with the .eml trick. Thanks for the heads up!

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only got the theme. Even with the trick there is no discount code

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Anyone with a spare code? Sony doesnt like me and I still need to get Death Stranding.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
When US getting it?

Care more for the discount codes and less about the theme

Do you get this if you aren't a ps+ subber right?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I never, ever get these emails. The only PlayStation emails I ever get are 'thank you for your purchase' stuff.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
As always, nothing. But I do get PSNow and PS+ mails... Trying the gmail + trick to see if I might get lucky later.