• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which?

• Hamburgers. I'm not extra like that.

Votes: 65 9.2%
  • Cheeseburgers. I like cheese.

Votes: 639 90.8%

• Total voters

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Cheese is tasty, moistens the whole burger, but also serves as a kind of insulation between the patty and the tomato / burger sauce / onions. It's important both, for structure as well as taste.

I see no downside of having cheese on a burger.

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I think most cheeseburger cheese is gross. Like that American Cheese garbage you buy at supermarkets.

It's why I default to hamburgers most of the time.

A good restaurant might tempt me to the cheesier variant, however.

Oct 27, 2017
images

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's only two integral parts of the burger: the patty and the bun, but of all the possible ancillary additions to the burger the cheese is one of the most important, and facilitates the presence of further toppings that otherwise may not have complimented the whole so well, if not for that gooey layer of melted cheese providing structural integrity to the stack. Not to mention the textural benefits a layer or two of cheese can bring to a burger, regardless of the quality of the cheese in question it's the one non-vital part of the burger that a burger will feel lacking without.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
There's a difference? Most hamburgers I've ever had have had cheese. My usual burger when I rarely have one these days is lettuce, tomato, beef patty (or a chicken schnitzel depending on the mood), cheese, ketchup (mayo if schnitzel), beetroot, fried onions, bacon, pineapple and a fried egg. It has cheese so in this binary pole (also considering that I've never had a burger where cheese has actively made it worse) cheeseburger all the way.

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
These poll results are destroying me. Is is that weird not to like cheese on a burger?
There's only two integral parts of the burger: the patty and the bun, but of all the possible ancillary additions to the burger the cheese is one of the most important, and facilitates the presence of further toppings that otherwise may not have complimented the whole so well, if not for that gooey layer of melted cheese providing structural integrity to the stack. Not to mention the textural benefits a layer or two of cheese can bring to a burger, regardless of the quality of the cheese in question it's the one non-vital part of the burger that a burger will feel lacking without.
I have to respect this analysis.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bacon cheeseburger. So cheeseburger. I could go for a bacon cheeseburger from Five Guys later today. Definitely going.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
Double Cheeseburgers.

I would 't eat the cheese slices that adorn them separately, but melted on that beef adds so much more to the experience.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018
I think a part of it for me is that most burgers I have are at fast food places and the cheese there is rarely of the kind I enjoy.

Last time at Five Guys I asked for a hamburger with ketchup, mustard and pickles but they ended up putting cheese on it anyway. Preferred it the old way.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Another one for the small group of people that prefer it without. I understand the arguments for cheese being there... but most cheese that goes on burgers is nasty and I have no desire to eat it.

Deleted member 11182

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2 McDonald's cheeseburgers and a large pack of fries is my guilty pleasure comfort food. I loved it ever since I was a kid. But I rarely have it nowadays because of how unhealthy it is.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Depends on the toppings. If you're talking basic burger with no topping just a few condiments then sure cheese please.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
If you're eating a hamburger in the first place I don't see the point of arguing over how crappy the cheese is, but that's not to deny that right now Blue Stilton on a hamburger in a teacake with green tomato chutney sounds divine.

orange_googoo

Jul 30, 2018
Germany (Bavaria)
Cheese on a burger is really good, but recently I had one at a really good restaurant that was called The Classic or something and it had no cheese on it. Was such a pure taste of the meat and I didn't miss the cheese at all.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I almost refuse to touch a burger without cheese unless the burger is just that good. Cheeseburgers all the way.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a Wisconsinite, all you people that voted plain hamburger make me sick. SICK, I say!

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I'm all about the patty. I won't say no to cheese, but a shitty patty is a shitty burger.