• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
It was on her now deleted Instagram.

D1wA6omXcAA9b2k.jpg

But she's really young so I don't care that much... But I think she's a super dumb edgelord right now.

Did you misread my post accidentally or on purpose.

Where does Chelsea Clinton try to get in the news.

She sent like two tweets about Ilhan Omar... She was barely involved in the controversy at all.
You went from this to "wiping off the map"?
Shit, that's tame.

I doubt most politicians would even recognize Palestine, add that and the dailly atrocities commited to the Palestinians and I wouldn't want to give them any form of recognition either.

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, you edited out the part where I said that looking into personal details such as deleted instagrams was morally wrong. You are not helping your case that you aren't harassing here.

Is it morally wrong to say that "this woman who thinks that Israel should not exist is a probably an anti-semitic edgelord"

Should I just say that she's an edgelord without proving evidence and then have 30 people ask "but where's the evidence, checkmate."

And I just used the direct quote function... You edited your post later.

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
See what I love is posters posting insane NeoNazi conspiracy theories from communist websites who hate Jews about Israel.

That's... extremely good.

Posting from GlobalResearch.ca to talk about the Jews... That's the good shit.
Dude you're nuts. Communists are neonazis what? Bibi Netanyahu and most the government of Israel are fascist warmongers. They are expansionists. How can you deny that?

Oct 26, 2017
Dude you're nuts. Communists are neonazis what? Bibi Netanyahu and most the government of Israel are fascist warmongers. They are expansionists. How can you deny that?

GlobalResearch.ca is an anti-semitic conspiracy theorist website that only completely insane people use.

This is literally on their front page right now.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/peace-democracy/5670989

"
Some of the Lies are foundational to the "War on Terror", which itself is a lie. Al Qaeda, for example, is not responsible for the controlled demolition of the World Trade Center buildings. To believe so would be to believe in miracles, fairy tales. It is a fabricated "belief" instilled in us by those who are criminally misgoverning us, those who seek to create evidence-free "truths" to serve their nefarious, anti-democratic agendas.

Al Qaeda is a scapegoat being used to protect the real culprits who in fact use al Qaeda as "strategic tools/proxies" to destroy non-belligerent countries such as Syria, all in the name of going after ISIS, which are also "strategic tools/proxies"[1]."

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Yeah and you're right, Clinton's comments did not have a direct effect on the murders. What the student was trying to express was that she thinks Clinton, and by extension everyone piled on Omar (purpously or not) stoking islamaphobia around her, is not a real ally to the islamic people and it made her angry seeing Clinton at that vigil.

Had she said this statement instead this thread wouldn't exist because there's nothing controversial about that.

Damn how will Chelsea Clinton survive being called out on spreading a false narrative about Omar being antisemetic. Obviously the media must protect her by dragging an angry, grieving islamic woman in public.

Chelsea Clinton will be fine. The students, in the mean time, have drawn the media upon them in what looks like a hit job (thus diluting their message) and indirectly hurt Bernie himself. The media is the media, and it wouldn't take a genius to figure out an angle on this to make Chelsea look good from the footage. All she does is meekly apologise over and over. How is this helping their cause?

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The nearest thing that I can possibly sqeeze from my head right now is that Chelsea stupidly criticized Ilhan Omar... but I'm not connecting the dosts from there to this video. So unless I'm missing something, getting on her for this massacre doesn't make much sense right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If you don't see how Clinton's "as an American" bullshit served to other Omar and perpetuate the idea that Muslim immigrants are invading outsiders or lesser which is also the crux of the kind of hatred that fuelled yesterday's horror then you need to get your eyes checked

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying they were being rational, but again there is a greater context here. It seems kind of gross to try and dismiss their emotions as "scoring political points". Are you denying that they feel strongly about what's been happening recently?

The greater context is that it was at a vigil for the dead from a terrorist attack.

Not a good look.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Wow.

Where's your empathy for other people? You're right that Muslim's deserve to be respected and not to be hounded by Islamophobia, however, when it comes to methods of achieving that you're ok with harassment - of someone who apologising, anyways. Like, what's the end game here? Clearly her apologising wasn't good enough, what did you want to do to get your approval? How is these tactics helping relations between the Muslim community and other communities in the US?

This is not harassment

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Is it morally wrong to say that "this woman who thinks that Israel should not exist is a probably an anti-semitic edgelord"

Should I just say that she's an edgelord without proving evidence and then have 30 people ask "but where's the evidence, checkmate."

And I just used the direct quote function... You edited your post later.
OK I checked and that was an edit, my bad. Also, I realised the internet detective rules were mostly about original research and doxxing.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
The greater context is that it was at a vigil for the dead from a terrorist attack.

Not a good look.
Please explain. I feel like I've entered bizzaro world. If a mass shooting were to happen and there were anti-gun protesters at the vigil, I doubt there would be this pearl clutching about "bad looks".

"This isn't the place for politics"
"You're just trying to politicize this tragedy!"
"Keep your voice down!"

This should sound familiar to people.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had she said this statement instead this thread wouldn't exist because there's nothing controversial about that.

Chelsea Clinton will be fine. The students, in the mean time, have drawn the media upon them in what looks like a hit job (thus diluting their message) and indirectly hurt Bernie himself. The media is the media, and it wouldn't take a genius to figure out an angle on this to make Chelsea look good from the footage. All she does is meekly apologise over and over. How is this helping their cause?

It isn't. They're expressing anger at the target closest to them. And that's fine, I don't think they need an especially valid point to do so. The media however is shirking the responsibility to allow justifiably angry people to be angry and instead they're framing it to attack progressives. It's not surprising to me it's just kinda gross.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This is not harassment

They were making her uncomfortable by pinning a terrorist attack on her shoulders than started yelling at her for daring to be sorry. When all she was doing in the video was apologising. They could have ignored her, or spoken calmly afterward when tempers were less volatile and not on camera, instead they did this.

I'd say this counts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harassment

Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior that demeans, humiliates or embarrasses a person, and it is characteristically identified by its unlikelihood in terms of social and moral reasonableness. In the legal sense, these are behaviors that appear to be disturbing, upsetting or threatening. They evolve from discriminatory grounds, and have an effect of nullifying or impairing a person from benefiting their rights. When these behaviors become repetitive they are defined as bullying.

They might have had less blowback had this been a heated argument on both sides, but all Chelsea did was meekly apologise.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
Please explain. I feel like I've entered bizzaro world. If a mass shooting were to happen and there were anti-gun protesters at the vigil, I doubt there would be this pearl clutching about "bad looks".

"Keep your voice down!"

Chelsea has fuck all to do with the attack.

Oct 26, 2017
It isn't. They're expressing anger at the target closest to them. And that's fine, I don't think they need a valid point to do so. The media however is shirking the responsibility to allow justifiably angry people to be angry and instead they're framing it to attack progressives. It's not surprising to me it's just kinda gross.

Is this "the media" or people arguing online about Hillary and Bernie still.

Because the only outlets carrying this story as of now are far right outlets who exclusively post garbage.

It was either this story or obsessive coverage of transgender women in high school winning minor events in minor sports.

Maybe CNN or someone will carry this in the morning, but most of the conversation is just between blue check marks who have no media presence yelling at each other in another proxy war.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Chelsea is a unlikeable person so I can't really be bothered to show her much sympathy. Tell me, did she in the end comment on the disgusting GOP display likening Ilhan Omar to a 9/11 terrorist? If she did not, that tells me everything I need to know about her in regards to islamophobia.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think a vigil for the dead is a place for someone to shout at someone else about an unrelated matter, no.

Chelsea has nothing to do with this attack.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
She helped drive the anti-semetic narrative on Ilhan Omar.
No sympathy.

You put words like those out there, expect people will confront you.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It isn't. They're expressing anger at the target closest to them. And that's fine, I don't think they need a valid point to do so. The media however is shirking the responsibility to allow justifiably angry people to be angry and instead they're framing it to attack progressives. It's not surprising to me it's just kinda gross.

Which could have been avoided had they not put it on camera themselves and put it in the internet. They wanted attention for this, they got it.

Having a valid point is badly needed for context in media like this, but even if I agreed they failed in coming off as sympathetic, but understandable, as they went over board with their antics and how Chelsea was harmless during the whole ordeal. They inadvertently gave the media footage of progressives bullying a white pregnant lady who happened to be Hillary Clinton's daughter. Whatever their motives are, this will do the opposite of what they desired. The media will do what the media will do, that's why it's important not to give them something which will blow up in your face, which this will likely do because they didn't frame it in their favour.

Oct 26, 2017
Chelsea is a unlikeable person so I can't really be bothered to show her much sympathy. Tell me, did she in the end comment on the disgusting GOP display likening Ilhan Omar to a 9/11 terrorist? If she did not, that tells me everything I need to know about her in regards to islamophobia.

Their personal relationship seems fine IDK.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
They were making her uncomfortable by pinning a terrorist attack on her shoulders than started yelling at her for daring to be sorry. When all she was doing in the video was apologising. They could have ignored her, or spoken calmly afterward when tempers were less volatile and not on camera, instead they did this.

I'd say this counts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harassment

They might have had less blowback had this been a heated argument on both sides, but all Chelsea did was meekly apologise.

I mean that wiki quote just proved it wasn't. They have their voices raised, sure, but that's to be expected.

She doesn't look upset, nothing they said was demeaning or discriminatory. The girl wasn't threatening Chelsea either. Their intent wasn't to humiliate her but to call her out on her recklessness.

Am I missing anything else? Harassment is a goddamn stretch. The exchange lasted no time whatsoever. Chelsea refused to argue back and they left.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see anything about the disgusting islamophobic GOP display?

I don't think she posted about it, but she may not have seen it since it was a small state West Virginia thing. She probably wouldn't be very positive towards it since she and Omar have a working relationship it seems like.

Overall this (referring to the Clinton-NYU thing) was a pretty minor event all around so there's a lot of wasted energy but not sure what this energy should be used for... Feels kind of hopeless for stopping white supremacist terror attacks right now.

Not sure what to argue about that would be constructive.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think she posted about it, but she may not have seen it since it was a small state West Virginia thing. She probably wouldn't be very positive towards it since she and Omar have a working relationship it seems like.

Overall this (referring to the Clinton-NYU thing) was a pretty minor event all around so there's a lot of wasted energy but not sure what this energy should be used for... Feels kind of hopeless for stopping white supremacist terror attacks right now.

Not sure what to argue about that would be constructive.
That's a hell of an excuse for her. The West Virginia thing made national god damned news

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao @ people seeing the Omar/Clinton tweet exchange and thinking they now have a "personal relationship" or are working together. Y'all really aren't that naive, right?

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
What strategies?

I'm not American, but frankly I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to my post.

Because I disagree with how and where this played out?

Pretty broad and all encompassing strategy by the GOP then.
It's straight out of the Republican playbook to be obtuse and act naive. The criticisms about Chelsea and how she fed into Islamophobic narratives has already been pointed out. She isn't free from responsibility simply because she "had nothing to do with the attack".

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
To what end? She hasn't and isn't running for anything.

this is such a great* summary!

*transparently disingenuous

chelsea clinton is a trust fund baby that has felt entitled to everything she wanted her entire life, and here she felt entitled to walk into a group of mourning muslims weeks after cynically, spuriously charging the only muslim congresswoman with anti-semitism, something she has zero authority on

mourning muslim woman overreacted

more at 11

And yet, somehow they are.

Oct 26, 2017
"She felt entitled to go to a vigil she was invited to" is... I don't know.

I feel like it would be pretty rude to not go to a vigil you were invited to?

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The denial of Chelsea's throwing Omar under the bus on page one....oof.
I wouldn't at all blame her for this situation but the lengths she's being defended over those comments....alrighty then.

And the same poster is comparing the left wing with neonazis....alrighty then.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Saying Chelsea Clinton had nothing to do with a right wing terrorist attack is a Republican strategy?
She doesn't have to have anything to do with the attack to be called out for contributing to an Islamophobic narrative. It's not rocket science. Would it be nice if everyone was always polite? Sure, but sometimes this is what you have to do in order to be heard, especially when you feel like your voice is being drowned out.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What Chelsea did to Ilhan Omar on Twitter because Omar criticized Israel was classic Islamophobic BS. The Muslim community here is fed up with that.

That said, The person who confronted her went way too far and just looks crazy. That is not how you get your point across.

But I have no problem with our community pointing out the hypocrites who peddle islamiphobia and then want to show up for the photo ops in these situations.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
"She felt entitled to go to a vigil she was invited to" is... I don't know.

I feel like it would be pretty rude to not go to a vigil you were invited to?

The real story would be if she DIDN'T go after being invited. Imagine how that would play out. I mean, people are going to spin, but she made the right choice going for sure. Had she not gone, the spin would be 10x worse.

The Clinton name really does make everyone crazy everywhere.

The Bernie supporter too though. The two posts saying this thread is really a meta about a Clinton and a Bernie supporter are 100% right. And Im going to bet this is a nice little lense into what ERA is going to slowly become leading up to 2020. This shit IMO is getting more than a little ridiculous. Completely unrelated stuff is drug into a proxy meta fight. Just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.