• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
P8F7TWR.jpg

Is this real?

Oct 28, 2017
I've been watching the Zebra Corner videos all day thanks to this thread. Him playing Ray Liotta doing the bird box challenge was great.

Ray, take the blindfold off.

No. it's a trick, wind. You wont get me.

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
The new one is 1.5L 4cyl but I don't think turbo. It's a coupe not the high end model. I didn't need all the bells and whistles tbh. Not a big car guy just a point a to point b guy and civics are great getting around cars.
All the 1.5 liter civic motors are turbo. Just keep your eye on the oil level. Honda is having massive issues with that motor in the crv and now the civic. It's dumping gas into the oil causing the oil level to rise. If Honda does not find a fix for it fast Thor motors won't last 100k miles. Honda says it's not going to hurt the motor but there is a reason they stopped selling that motor in China already.

H4zeVentura

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 28, 2018
Thanks for the laugh, as a German I did not get to see this advertisement.
But even we here know, that this is batshit stupid to say. xD

Even my old BMW from 99' will do better than those crap cars.
But gotta admitt, old Chevys look cool as hell.

Oct 30, 2017
I guess this explains why the long ass Chevy ad that plays before movies in theaters didn't play the last couple of times I went (it was always the one that mentioned competitors by name along with "highest rated").

Get fucked Chevy. I don't know anyone who's had great experiences with your poorly manufactured cars.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Wish we would just go back to points and carburetors. I could keep something mechanical running for a hundred years as long as I had access to replacement parts for general wear.

Nah big 3, all your shit sucks nowadays unless you want a sports car maybe.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
GM should have shuttered Chevy and kept Pontiac and Saturn when they restructured. Both Saturn/Pontiac were selling better at the time and had better cars. It's almost like they thought it was best to try to survive off name alone rather than quality...or anything else.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I've owned two Chevy's - the thought of owning another makes me want to run outside and hug my Tacoma.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I spent the last week driving a RAV4 while my Mazda was in the shop (body work after an accident, nothing related to reliability, I love that car), and I kind of liked the size and feel of it. So I've been mildly eyeballing other SUVs on the road to see what else is out there for when the time comes to trade up. I saw one the other day that didn't look too bad at first glance, but I noped out as soon as I saw it was a Chevy. And then I actually thought of these very same ads that Chevy does. I don't watch much TV, but I remember seeing that same fucking one a hundred times during the World Series.

American cars in general are shit, as far as I'm concerned. I've owned three American cars and three Japanese ones. Can you guess which ones I liked and which ones I didn't? Which ones were always having various problems and which ones weren't?

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Fuck GM in general. That noose hanging story will assure I never touch another of their vehicles again. On topic: To say Chevy is more reliable than Toyota is laughable. They are delusional.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
All the 1.5 liter civic motors are turbo. Just keep your eye on the oil level. Honda is having massive issues with that motor in the crv and now the civic. It's dumping gas into the oil causing the oil level to rise. If Honda does not find a fix for it fast Thor motors won't last 100k miles. Honda says it's not going to hurt the motor but there is a reason they stopped selling that motor in China already.

I don't think the Honda higher ups wouldn't have put the engine on 2 of their highest selling models of the group if they knew it wasn't going to last. Only time will tell if the turbos go the distance like every other engine in the past of three. I sure as hell will be keeping an eye out for it since I own a 2018 accord.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah watching this commercial and when they say its based on a survey.

Its like what are you fucking talking about? I give two shits if you asked people whats reliable and they said "x is!" means shit. Give me a real data set actually based on something.

Just anecdotally people are driving shit like Hondas and Toyotas for fucking forever and they seem to hold their value just as long, nobody is breaking their necks trying to buy a 10+ year old chevy cavalier.

Last edited:

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for the heads up. When you say 'oil level' do you mean I should check the dip stick every so often to make sure that the line where the oil is sitting isn't going higher? I really am car illiterate I'm sorry if that is a dumb question. Luckily I have a good mechanic that I trust but I would like to understand what to keep my eye on.

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
Thank you for the heads up. When you say 'oil level' do you mean I should check the dip stick every so often to make sure that the line where the oil is sitting isn't going higher? I really am car illiterate I'm sorry if that is a dumb question. Luckily I have a good mechanic that I trust but I would like to understand what to keep my eye on.
Yes just keep a eye on it. Also smell it as it will stink of gas. If you come across either issue take it to a Honda dealer and demand they change the Oil free. I believe they also have a update they can do for the car the last I heard.

Jovo

Oct 25, 2017
I would never buy an American car after the experience of driving a 1996 Ford Taurus.