• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like CFA has been going down hill quality wise ever since they started this global expansion.

Now I didn't say bad, but I do think it's taken a dip in quality food wise.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the line here is pretty direct here, in my opinion. chick fil a, the company, is anti-lgbtq.

the effort is also extremely low. i just have to not go to a mediocre fast food restaurant.

overall, a clean and simple boycott for me.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
If the chicken is good and locations are plenty I'll try it. I don't get when people say we have too many fast food places....they're all shit.

If it adds to the overpriced fast food mediocrity then I will ignore it.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah... they're called allies, not thralls. But since this is the 500th thread about chic fil a and this post is the 1,000th one pulling the hardline "if you eat chic fil a you can't be an ally" stance, I pretty much know how this convo will go.

Enjoy your moral superiority and be glad that this kind of nonsense doesn't actually impact who actually is an ally in literally any other, more important and impactful facet of their lives apart from their fast food choices.

Not much of an "Ally" if all it takes is some crappy chicken to not give a shit about them.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
As mentioned, CFA already has a location in Canada, but the menu is limited and the location remote (unless you want to visit an airport for chicken).

I hope that this is a start of an expansion across Canada, as Popeyes has been very successful in this regard, and Jollibee is following suit.

The more competitors to the declining KFC, the better.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I don't think I'll ever understand the Chick Fil A craze. It's super expensive and not nearly as good as Popeyes.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Their biscuits are dry and salty.
Never ate them, but you've already lost if you're eating biscuits from any fast food place not named Bojangles.

Their chicken is soggy and mediocre.
Lies. Their fried and grilled chicken are tender and juicy. My sister once drove four hours from Savannah to my old house with a box of their nuggets, and they were tender as hell when she got there.

Their staff are forced to say creepy ass shit when you go to order.
I've never had anybody say anything creepy to me at the window or the counter before. What did they say to you, exactly?

IDK how they are in business.
Given how most of the problems you have with their customer service and food appear to be either made up or just an absolute fluke, it's not hard to see how they actually are still in business.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
This is basically the greatest American thing ever (except for the corporate bigotry) .

You're welcome Canada.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks, no interest in supporting a company with openly bigoted values.

I'll stick to Popeyes.

I've never had CFA as none are near me, but ever since the Popeyes in my city opened some years ago, I haven't gone back to KFC since. Their spicy tenders and biscuits are divine and I'm easily happy with them so no need to try/support CFA.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
How many people here currently praising CFA were just the other day outraged over Papa Johns latest scandal? Because CFA is more morally repugnant than Papa Johns and that's saying something.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
How many people here currently praising CFA were just the other day outraged over Papa Johns latest scandal? Because CFA is more morally repugnant than Papa Johns and that's saying something.
You ain't neva lied, my friend.

The last Chick-Fil-A thread taught me that we shouldn't ask allies to walk the walk; hell, we shouldn't ask them to do anything. We should just be accepting of their flaws, such as wittingly supporting homophobic businesses. When did we forget our place and start thinking we could demand things from our betters? Uppity, uppity, uppity! And apparently these chicken sandwiches cure impotence, baldness, ALS, and the stanky leg, because some people would rather stab their mommas than stop going to Chick-Fil-A.

Posters in that thread responded by gleefully posting pictures of their orders and waxing poetic about the wonderful chicken. I got called a purity testing liberal who was the reason Trump won.

So yes, I have very limited expectations of straight ~~~allies~~~.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah... they're called allies, not thralls. But since this is the 500th thread about chic fil a and this post is the 1,000th one pulling the hardline "if you eat chic fil a you can't be an ally" stance, I pretty much know how this convo will go.

Enjoy your moral superiority and be glad that this kind of nonsense doesn't actually impact who actually is an ally in literally any other, more important and impactful facet of their lives apart from their fast food choices.

There's two things some people on this site have issues with. One is the concept of redemption/forgiveness. The other is not being able to see the forest for the trees. Someone can be 99% in favor of, an ally to, or supportive of something, but one act immediately and permanently makes one an enemy or not to be trusted. No matter how small or insignificant the act is. Some frame this as "you can't do one simple thing," whereas it can also be characterized as "this is me doing one simple thing compared to everything else." It's frustrating, but you learn to ignore it. Thankfully this is not the majority of people here.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
There's two things some people on this site have issues with. One is the concept of redemption/forgiveness. The other is not being able to see the forest for the trees. Someone can be 99% in favor of, an ally to, or supportive of something, but one act immediately and permanently makes one an enemy or not to be trusted. No matter how small or insignificant the act is. Some frame this as "you can't do one simple thing," whereas it can also be characterized as "this is me doing one simple thing compared to everything else." It's frustrating, but you learn to ignore it. Thankfully this is not the majority of people here.

That's how I feel about this. I've participated in voter registration drives, rallied against ICE in support of detainees, and attended town halls with my representatives asking important questions as an admin of our local indivisible group. But I eat a chicken sandwich from a local franchisee, who is doing wonderful things for our community, who's employees are always in a great mood and not have a crap
Attitude, are paid well compared to other fast food employees and with restaurants so clean, that it puts other casual restaurants to shame.

And im apparently the horrible ally

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Their chicken biscuits are total crack for me. However, not worth it to be giving my money to their anti-LGBTQ causes, particularly as a queer person.

Likewise with the defensiveness.
It says that I think it's ridiculous to nullify everything someone may do in support of LGBTQ causes based on something as inconsequential as buying food at a restaurant, sure.

If arguing against stupid positions makes me defensive, then sure, I'm being defensive.

Basically, don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Last edited:

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Their chicken biscuits are total crack for me. However, not worth it to be giving my money to their anti-LGBTQ causes, particularly as a queer person.
It's not that black and white for me. I've been to franchises managed by queer people, or supporting local LGBT groups, and the two closest ones to me both employ gay people. Plus the staff has only ever been nice to me and my partner.

Sometimes it feels akin to boycotting tipping culture by stiffing your waitress... just not something I can rationalize.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
For the "allies" that are cool with supporting Chik because it is supposedly inconsequential, here's a link to some things the Family Research Coucil is responsible for. They're the "charity" that Chik donates to, once directly, but now by filtering it through another organization to cover their tracks.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...a-global-license-to-spread-his-anti-lgbt-hate

https://www.hrc.org/resources/10-facts-about-the-family-research-council

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/11/...-up-sexual-assault-claims-against-politician/

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Chic Fil A is one of the cleanest spots to take a piss while on a road trip. Them and Starbucks keep the cleanliness.

Oh yeah, it's better than most fast food as far as quality of food goes too.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
drake-art.jpg

God's plan.

God's plan.

Oct 26, 2017
It says that I think it's ridiculous to nullify everything someone may do in support of LGBTQ causes based on something as inconsequential as buying food at a restaurant, sure.

If arguing against stupid positions makes me defensive, then sure, I'm being defensive.

Basically, don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
If it's an inconsequential act, then why do it in the first place especially when you have other options available to you?

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stand corrected. The information I had read the last time this topic came up indicated they rolled back the donations via their Chick-fil-A non for profit/charity wing. It does appear they're still doing these donations, albeit not as overtly and less explicitly than before.

so then why are we advocating them, is it because the chicken is so good?

it's a serious question.

Oct 25, 2017
Every Canadian who's been to Florida has probably tried it already.

It's good, but overrated af. Wouldn't sell my morals a second time.

Same with the Publix chicken. I don't get what it is with ERA and overhyping fast food chains. We see threads for minor menu changes and product launches lol.