• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Did you end up going out there? If so how was it?

earth med was really nice. It was my first experience anywhere but it seemed to be run well. Separate lines/entrances for medical vs rec, parking lot only for medical. You can park on neighboring streets easily though. Really nice people. Their suggestion of 5mg for first time didn't do anything for us so next time we will try 8-10mg probably.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
ha. Yes. I can't help thinking I watched a transgendered lady power bomb a crackhead back in 2006 in what is currently the home/office supply section of Target.

I find the whole transformation there sad. I stopped my regular trips there once I had my first kid, but I still stopped there occasionally for a visit to The Alley or Chicago Comics. Those are still there but some much local flavor is not.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is near Orland Park, and wants to help a charity I'm involved with, come eat at Miller's Ale House tonight and say that you're there for Halfway Home Animal Rescue. We get 20% of the bill today for anyone that does it.

I'm a foster for some of the dogs that come through the org, and have helped 4 puppies and 2 young adult dogs get adopted. It's completely home based, so every dog they rescue is kept at a volunteer's home.

www.hwhanimalrescue.com

Half-Way Home Animal Rescue

Animal Rescue

This is my current foster, Sasha:
sasha-husky-2_orig.jpg
She's our 6th rescue in about 8 months.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
thinking about going to the FF7 orchestra on Oct 24th...

tickets just started going on sale

Dec 24, 2017
It still being light outside when I leave work is a trip.

Unsure why this is the first year of me really paying attention to it.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I was in River North for work earlier today and it seemed business as usual. I hope people take this shit seriously.

(I do "essential" work as Verizon has tricked the government into thinking that a 5G rollout is the most important thing at the moment)

OP
OP
IAMtheFMan

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Heading back for shifts at the hospital starting on Tuesday. Away from my family in semi-isolation... at least I got in for one of the Alinea take out dinners so there is that.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
My cardiologist appointment is now a phone appointment. I'm so confused.

Shout out to everyone in the medical professional, emergency services, and essential services. God bless you.

(Fuck everyone who doesn't take this seriously)

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm IT support for a water utility so I'm considered essential but can do 90% of my job remote so that's the plan.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I am not essential and can do my entire work from home, so I've been home since last Friday. My only stress has been finding everything I want/need at the grocery store for my family. At the moment the only things that are low that need to be replenished are milk and flour.

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Everything's fine for me. We stocked up a few weeks ago and our CSA is letting us buy produce early so we've got a steady supply of vegetables coming in.

I got told to WFH last Wednesday and my wife already had a WFH job. My company is in great shape and we have been reassured multiple times that there's no plans for layoffs. My wife's company isn't doing as well but she's okay for now and we can survive with just my income.

T-Money

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Damn i forgot there's a Chicago thread. What's up y'all? Hanging in there? I just got back from Jewel and Petco, caved and copped Animal Crossing.... probably won't leave the house again til at least next weekend now ;(

Oct 27, 2017
yesterday was the 2 week mark of my remote-work and it's been fine. left the house twice to go to the corner store to stock up on liquor/snacks but otherwise haven't left the place in that two week period.

I'm in irving/albany park and this morning there was some weird ass siren going off from 7-7:45am which seemed to be going around in circles. I checked the irving park neighborhood facebook group and no one mentioned it, but I guessed it was probably someone just losing their mind.
I did read that there were 20 kids yesterday playing soccer on a soccer field at grover cleveland school, and after cops came and dispersed it they relocated to patrick henry school. shitty parenting and embarrassing..

Dec 24, 2017
My friend was scared to go to Costco in the suburbs solo. She is a single Asian mom. Went out with her to help shop and load her car.

1. More than one dude at Costco who thinks that Morton Grove is fucking Fallujah wearing badly concealed plate carriers and badly concealed firearms.

2. People in the burbs are just simply more racist.

3. Why yes the Venn diagram between numbers 1 and 2 have significant overlap.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I live in Evanston, just north of Howard/Rogers Park, and it seems to fluctuate wildly on how serious people are taking the stay at home orders.

I've been getting groceries at the Mariano's on Touhy and it's been really an easy experience though. Almost everyone shopping is wearing gloves and they're regularly disinfecting carts. I'd say a solid 40-50% of people were wearing a face covering of some sort too. The last time I was there, they had almost everything I wanted, though the condition of some of the produce was noticeably more poor than normal.

During the day while working from home, I see a ton of people walking around outside, and lots of neighborhood kids playing together. I'm assuming a lot of these people walking together are also living in the same home as one another so I'm not too bothered by that, but the kids playing together is dumb.

It's a ghost town up here at night though. I usually take my walk around the neighborhood in the evening and there is not a (moving) car in sight.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Des Plaines area now, and I haven't been away from the house since last weekend, and that was to go out for a big grocery run. At that time things seemed kinda normal as far as crowd sizes, and there were shortages on some items at Mariano's and Target but not too crazy. I imagine it's worse now? Not sure.

Dec 24, 2017
It's normalizing in the city. The stores aren't as crowded it seems and although I do think people are hoarding on some level, it's not near as crazy as it was last week

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
It's normalizing in the city. The stores aren't as crowded it seems and although I do think people are hoarding on some level, it's not near as crazy as it was last week

Makes sense. Supply is not low, it's just the delivery speed that is regular, with high demand. Now that people have stocked up they don't need to stock up more on non perishables. All we mostly need are fresh milk products. I bake my own bread, so that's not an issue.

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I went to the store today for something that I probably would've been better off just foregoing and it was pretty dead inside. There's still a lot of stuff missing from the shelves but it seems like people in my area are taking shelter-in-place seriously.

OP
OP
IAMtheFMan

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Jesus Christ people. Yes it's nice out but stay the fuck inside. I just got off 12 hours at the hospital and got home to people milling about and going on walks.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I saw a gas station in the south suburbs selling unspecified face masks at $3.49 a pop today. I reported them to the attorney general.

Dec 24, 2017
Welp, had a crazy person call me a slur and wave a rubber mallet at me. Turns out racism isn't well thought out or coherent.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think end of April is likely the last extension of the stay at home order?
I have a feeling in Chicago, it will be 06/01/2020, they keep pushing back when we are supposed to peak. I expect these next three days to be bad news. It isn't even that great today (near the lake), but everyone is out.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else get a bunch of hail last night? We got golf ball sized in Evanston. NWS had tweets of baseball sized hail too.