• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Low effort thread; prior history of low effort threads
twitter.com

The Unaffiliated Critic on Twitter

“I don't exactly know what to do with this, but I witnessed and recorded the police-involved shooting at the Grand Red Line station in Chicago a little over an hour ago. This is my unedited video. (Trigger warning, obviously.) https://t.co/tIrv1RfTN3”

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Article:

www.nbcchicago.com

Witness Captures Video of CTA Red Line Police-Involved Shooting

A man who was shot by a Chicago police officer during a confrontation Friday afternoon at the CTA Grand Red Line station was initially stopped by officers for crossing between train cars, police said. The incident happened just after 4 p.m., sparking a heavy police presence at the CTA station...
A man who was shot by a Chicago police officer during a confrontation Friday afternoon at the CTA Grand Red Line station was initially stopped by officers for crossing between train cars, police said.
The incident happened just after 4 p.m., sparking a heavy police presence at the CTA station located at State Street and Grand Avenue.
Video shared with NBC 5 afternoon shows two Chicago police officers struggling with a man in the approximately two minutes leading up to the moment shots were fired.
The officers used a taser and mace on the suspect, but weren't able to detain him. At one point, a female officer yells "give me your hands" as one shot is fired. The male suspect then runs up the escalator — followed by the two officers — as two additional shots are fired.
The unidentified suspect was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and underwent surgery, Chicago Police Department Deputy Superintendent Barbara West said. He was last reported in critical, but stable condition.

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow.

he didn't even seem the slightest bit threatening. obviously drunk or under the influence and resisting arrest but he didn't even make any sudden movements.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
User banned (1 week): inflammatory thread derailment
It sucks that he got shot, but they did tell him to stop resisting about 50 times, warned about shooting him, and then continued to request he stop resisting. They tased him, mased him and then did it again all while warning him about getting shot and to stop resisting..... he got far more warnings that if it had been the other way around. But he'll live to resist another day.

2 black cops on a white male resisting BTW

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Grand? That was the CTA stop I used to take to go home from work.

At least the poor guy's still alive...

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn this video is worse than I thought. He looked drugged out and wasn't threatening. He got shot close range and took it like nothing.

Wtf she had the nerve to shoot at him again after that.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It sucks that he got shot, but they did tell him to stop resisting about 50 times, warned about shooting him, and then continued to request he stop resisting. They tased him, mased him and then did it again all while warning him about getting shot and to stop resisting..... he got far more warnings that if it had been the other way around. But he'll live to resist another day.

Did you really think this was necessary, I mean damn

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I understand that but let's look at why he was stopped. He walked between train cars.... and??? Who is he harming? He is also taking the risk of falling if he loses balance, that's his decision. In the end he made it safely between train cars so why is there even police contact?

Go fight crime, who cares if someone goes to the next train car? It should only be a police concern if they had to go fetch his body from the tracks. Those type of accidents rarely happen.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Being uncooperative does not carry the death penalty.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I understand that but let's look at why he was stopped. He walked between train cars.... and??? Who is he harming? He is also taking the risk of falling if he loses balance, that's his decision. In the end he made it safely between train cars so why is there even police contact?

We better shoot you to death to save you from ever endangering your life again!

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
seems like that cop had an itchy finger and was looking for an excuse to shoot the guy.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It sucks that he got shot, but
I'm gonna stop you right there.
There are many police forces in the world are able to take the person down in that situation without shooting him. Fuck, a lot of them would probably be able to deescalate it most of the time, especially on such minor offense. And it's not that cops in other countries are saints, it's because American cops are horrible and horribly trained and they value their safety above anything and everything.

You know, in most of the world, not obeying a cop is does not carry itself a potential death sentence, it doesn't have to be like that, we don't have to accept this.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
There are many police forces in the world are able to take the person down in that situation without shooting him. Fuck, a lot of them would probably be able to deescalate it most of the time, especially on such minor offense. And it's not that cops in other countries are saints, it's because American cops are horrible and horribly trained and they value their safety above anything and everything.

You know, in most of the world, not obeying a cop is does not carry itself a potential death sentence, it doesn't have to be like that, we don't have to accept this.
Absolutely TRUE. I wrestled a man to the ground, and he had a handgun.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Take out the inherent danger of shooting in an enclosed area like the subway and say they manage to land that first debilitating shot, what then? Hope you didn't hit a vital organ and write him a ticket before he bleeds out? This is barely above Homer using a gun to turn off the lights and change the channel.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

Fuck out of here with this.

Can't deal with a problem, so you shoot it to death?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Yeah but.. authority said something so fuck you. You're dead. USA USA USA

Aug 13, 2019
Amazing. He was being difficult, so one officer suggests shooting him as if a bullet with sedate him instead of killing him. It's disturbing how casually they escalate to lethal force despite no threat to their or civilian life. It's sickening.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I take the red line everyday. I've been seeing so many more cops at the bigger stops now for the past month or so (there have been a lot of stabbings/robberies I think recently? I know there was a stabbing at the Jackson stop recently, and the Roosevelt stop has always been a fucking mess) . Seems like this shit is gonna keep happening.

edit:

just to clarify I'm saying that the CPD seems to be upping their police presence on the red line and there may be more incidents w/ these trigger happy fucks

Last edited:

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020

Dude they maced the guy what do you expect? He was stumbling around rubbing his eyes when they shot him. You don't just shoot somebody because they aren't cooperating. If he had a weapon that's a different story, but he was clearly just high or drunk or something like that.

Edit: and the two cops being black doesn't make it okay.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was not expecting that second shot either. This is wild. A guy is shot and leaving the area, so we shoot again? He's not going to get far wth.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
How can you expect a person to "give you their hands" after you drench them with a gallon of pepper spray

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

what in the fuck is this post

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As noted in our FAQ, low effort thread are against our posting guidelines. Please do not make threads consisting of only a single link with no discussion around it.

As the creator of the thread has a history of this that they have now received a temporary ban for, we're going to go ahead and lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.