• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is chicken breast the best food?

• Chicken breast is the best food.

Votes: 213 53.7%
  • I prefer chicken butt

Votes: 183 46.1%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
Chicken breast never seems to get the respect it deserves. Insanely versatile, low in fat, and an excellent source of protein, selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, and niacin; there is nothing that gets me more excited to eat a dish than the inclusion of chicken breast.

Baked_Chicken_Breast_GIF.gif

Eat it baked with hot sauce, toss it into a stir fry, or mix with sauce and pasta, make a sandwich, bread it, make soup, or toss it into a salad or casserole, etc. Season or sauce chicken breast and - watch it come alive! Always part of the best Chinese food too.

People who prefer dark meat, and act as though chicken breast is dry and flavorless are so bizarre to me - quit overcooking things. Hand me that big juicy breast, please!

aieBr85zT.gif

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I do keto, I make some riced broccoli stir fry with chicken breast that is fucking delicious. It costs like $7.50 total to make an entire huge helping that usually has left overs.

Chicken breast pretty much rules. And chickens are much easier to raise and take less resources than cows or pigs.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the wings are the best

it's just too bad you need to eat 1000 of them to have a complete adult-sized meal

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
It's funny when it's not even the best part of the chicken. Not saying it is not tasty though.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I eat breats purely for the bang for your buck protein content, I'd never ever choose it over dark meat when it comes to taste.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I'm all about the thighs but I agree that people give chicken breast too much shit. Brine some chicken breast and roast it, absolutely delicious and juicy.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Breast meat is meh at best. You need to be a wizard to give it a good flavor. Now thighs? Oooh boy.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Have you not tried any other part of the chicken? Like... almost any other part?

Wings, thigh, drumsticks, even feet are more flavourful than the breast. Breast is fairly dry even when cooked well, and its main use is that it's a chunk of solid meat that can be cut into easy chunks for nuggets or flattened into schnitzel etc. It requires a lot to become even close to as good as other parts.

And that's only Chicken. I would say there are many other better foods.

Last edited:

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
It's a lot more work to make chicken breast taste as good as dark meat or any other type of meat.

I only cook with it as often as I do because of the protein to calorie ratio.

And don't even get me started on meal prepping with chicken breast. It just gets drier every time. You gotta have a fatty sauce which I can't always get away with when I'm losing weight.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Chicken breasts aren't even the best part of the chicken. Thighs are God-tier. I cannot think of a more versatile food. Even unseasoned, it is still pretty good - but don't not season your chicken because that is culture-less.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who just roasted a chicken not 30 minutes ago. (Thomas Keller style: salt, pepper and nothing else. 450F for an hour-ish. Amazing in its simplicity.)

wings are best despite being the smallest part. They get crisp at the tips, perfect amount of juicy and fatty and salty and crispy.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I eat chicken breast everyday because of the calories/protein ratio, but chicken thighs are much better.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Breasts are good but wouldn't say it's the best food, would take steak any day over chicken. Especially with fajitas or bowls, chicken has nothing on steak.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the one thing breast has over dark meat is that you can make chicken salad out of it

you ever tried making chicken salad with dark meat? it ain't right

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
We never really liked the chicken breast as a meal until we discovered sous vide. Obscenely tender. Pair it with long grain & wild rice and your vegimatable of choice. It doesn't need any sauce. Just olive oil, salt and pepper.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
I respect your preferences but it's not for me. Chicken breast is my personal last resort meat, and always the last of the chicken to get eaten in my household.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I like all parts of chicken. Hell, I even like gizzards, livers, and hearts. If there's a chicken in my vicinity that is no longer living and is properly cooked, I'll eat every part of it.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Low in fat... the reason it isnt that great. It is just like rice, eating it pure tastes like nothing, always need the seasoning. The seasoning is the good part, not the rice/breast. Thighs are great.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Seafood is actually king. 🦀🐟🦐🐠🍤

But for chicken, you need to get a young bird, no more than ~3 lbs, which has been allowed to grow and thrive in humane conditions, without being pumped full of rapid-growth hormones and antibiotics, and, preferably, pasture-raised. Get yourself a quality bird (from Springer Mountain Farms in the SE US, for instance) and brine it for 12-24 hours, prepare it properly without overcooking it, and you'll have yourself one succulent, tender, flavorful piece of chicken breast.

I'm less fond of thigh and leg meat, which I find to have rather too "common" a taste for my palate.

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly can only stand chicken breast as a fried cutler or if I brine it the night before and toss it on a grill skillet.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Man I have never seen a thread with this much disagreement with the OP haha :))

They are all wrong tho, Breast is the best, let these cheap thigh/ass persons alone, they'll see the light someday.

I have around 10 KG of chicken breast in my refrigerator right now I think lol