• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly with how poorly US laws are written to handle corruption he's probably right, we will have to get over because law enforcement won't be able to prosecute properly.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
He said a lot of crazy stuff in this presser. Heck he admitted they didn't send aid to Puerto Rico because it was corrupt just as casually as he said quid pro quo happened.

This blew my mind. Thousands of people died due to our negligence with aid and he just casually mentions it as an "oh by the way...we did it there too." Never mind the fact that Puerto Rico is NOT a foreign country. I'm so tired.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
Very easy to see through.
They are trying to reframe this as a Quid Pro Quo about looking back to 2016 and the DNC server, not 2020 and the Bidens.
They basically water down what the Quid Pro Quo was for so folks can swallow it easier.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
He always looked more like the Nazi from Raiders of the Lost Ark to me.

iu
Wait... that's not him? I just assumed that he retired from acting and joined the administration.

Half of those folks were on TV before working for Trump do it's not even that much of a stretch.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
So now they're going the "Yeah, we did it, but the law is stupid anyway. Things should be allowed to change!" route

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ. The White House is admitting to high crimes and there isn't mass sustained protest and unrest. What will it actually take, America?! Like, ACTUALLY.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
I'm trying to stay positive in all of this but my blood is fucking boiling with everything that's been happening lately.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, he only said that they make quid pro quo agreements all the time, not that the reason for it this time was to help the President's campaign bid, which is the illegal part.

no, he said that the reason was to investigate the democrats

a nonsense conspiracy theory that Ukraine is hiding Hillary's email server. But the question he was responding to specifically asked if it was quid pro quo to "investigate democrats"

his "we do it all the time" answer was not specific to domestic politics -- he gave a bunch of irrelevant examples. Then he went on to say get over it if you want politics separate from foreign policy. Which sounds benign only if you ignore the context of the discussion

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ. The White House is admitting to high crimes and there isn't mass sustained protest and unrest. What will it actually take, America?! Like, ACTUALLY.

America is a capitalist society and people will lose their homes if they dick around on the National Mall accomplishing nothing for days and weeks at a time. The country is set up in such a way that sustained protest ISN'T POSSIBLE.

May 26, 2018
No, he only said that they make quid pro quo agreements all the time, not that the reason for it this time was to help the President's campaign bid, which is the illegal part.

You know where you ask a kid for a stolen thing, which you think is behind their back? Then they hold out one hand to show it's empty, you say "the other hand!" and they put the empty hand behind their back to grab the thing?

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You have the whistle blower, released rough transcript, Trump admitting to asking Ukraine and China on live tv, and now Mulvaney admitting the aid was part of the deal on live tv.

The entire criminal act laid outiin front of everyone and people still support this dumbass.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, prediction:
GOP are gonna go even more mum on this for the next couple of weeks waiting for polling to reflect this interview. If impeach and remove numbers go up to 60+ some MIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT then flip to voting for removal. If the impeach and remove numbers are still under 60 we'll just have a few more people saying they're very concerned and they certainly wouldn't have done that.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing tweets about the DOJ saying Mulvaney is wrong on this. They can't get their messaging straight. What a shit show.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They're cracking and trying to normalize this shit. People cannot fall for this. This is illegal.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
wow. just WOW.

Maybe it's down "all the time" in certain respects, but not to dig up dirt on political rivals and to gain an advantage in future elections. Impeach this fuck.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
While I do think this was some intentional 'strategy' I also think it's dumb as shit. Not only is the White House admitting to a crime, but they're implying that there's even more crimes we don't know about. This basically invites the Dems to broaden the impeachment inquiry.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
America is a capitalist society and people will lose their homes if they dick around on the National Mall accomplishing nothing for days and weeks at a time. The country is set up in such a way that sustained protest ISN'T POSSIBLE.

Cool. So there is no line that if crossed, would or have caused sustained massive protest in America?

No line at all?

And capitalist societies have never protested in this way and are in fact incapable of it?

Is that what you are saying?

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand this...they've literally admitted to committing a crime. A pretty big crime. A crime infinitely more severe than anything Nixon or Clinton did. What more could it possible take for the Republicans to stop this? Or at the very least, for the Democrats in the House to at least Impeach him?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just don't understand this...they've literally admitted to committing a crime. A pretty big crime. A crime infinitely more severe than anything Nixon or Clinton did. What more could it possible take for the Republicans to stop this? Or at the very least, for the Democrats in the House to at least Impeach him?
For their Republican base who voted them in to stop supporting said criminal behavior and approving of Trump's actions... Which is STARTING to happen, but not to a degree that puts them at risk.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. So there is no line that if crossed, would or have caused sustained massive protest in America?

No line at all?

And capitalist societies have never protested in this way and are in fact incapable of it?

Is that what you are saying?

Think about how big the continental US is. Do you expect people who live in California or New York to just pack up and temporarily move to Washington DC to protest for days on end, missing work and losing their jobs and potentially becoming homeless?

May 26, 2018
I just don't understand this...they've literally admitted to committing a crime. A pretty big crime. A crime infinitely more severe than anything Nixon or Clinton did. What more could it possible take for the Republicans to stop this?

Constituents. And since what they believe is controlled, it's a vicious cycle.

I'm not sure there's an answer here.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Think about how big the continental US is. Do you expect people who live in California or New York to just pack up and temporarily move to Washington DC to protest for days on end, missing work and losing their jobs and potentially becoming homeless?

Why do you think everyone needs to be in the capital to effectively protest?

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Because the law actually says that's the penalty for refusing a subpoena.

Determining Congressional contempt is a political process (requiring a chamber vote) resulting in a political action. The normal method of enforcing contempt is through criminal statute and is at the discretion of the Attorney General to pursue.

Likewise, inherent contempt still requires a floor vote and still requires that contempt to hit a certain threshold (actively blocking an investigation), and it would still be challenged all the way up to the Supreme Court. That takes time.

My point was that we have every bit of information we need to remove this fucker, and it is publicly available to every single person on Earth.

Do you want him to be impeached or do you want the administration to be drawn and quartered by horses in the public square? Because while the latter would be nice and all, it's not politically expedient or effective for the specific cases that we know.