• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Mulvaney is a lot of things... A craven opportunist, for certain. But he's not dumb.

Maybe they just don't give a shit anymore? Instead of trying to fight back against it, just admit it and see what happens? He'll never get removed from office even if he admits to a crime... Maybe the plan is to say 'Yeah, I broke the law. But that law is stupid! Everyone does it!'

It was only a matter of time. Just didn't think we'd get here so soon... The investigation is just beginning.
Honestly? I think the whole Republican party is just ready to move past this. Trump admits it, Democrats impeach, Republicans refuse to remove him. Then they try and come up with a strategy to make America not care. Not really seeing any other play here.

Basically, they are just hoping there are enough deplorables in America to win. I don't think there are, but, that's their only play because Republicans will NEVER turn on their president and Trump knows it.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

First WH counsel, now the DoJ has to cover their asses because they confidently came out and said this wasn't worth investigating.

Edit: you also see the ouroboros of corruption at play here. Because Barr has announced the DoJ is officially "looking into" the origins of the Russia probe, the rest of the admin uses that announcement as carte blanche.

They can deny it all they want, it's only a matter of time before Trump himself says "yeah it's true, so what".

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This is exactly what Nixon thought, and what everyone agreed with, until one day it wasn't true anymore.
I mean yes. But these are different times. Republicans really do seem to be all in on "fuck everything we just have to win".

They won't turn on him. Trump's approval numbers will always be near 40%.

The good news is, they don't need to. As this progresses more and more of America will turn on Republicans. Even just 2% is end game for Republicans in this environment.

Last edited:

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They can push all they want but it's Republicans who have to pull the trigger.
Yep, the democrats know they have until next November and the way this is going it wont be mid-December before the pitchforks come out.

This is exactly what Nixon thought, and what everyone agreed with, until one day it wasn't true anymore.

And over the last couple of weeks we have already seen the dam leaking. It may leak for some time but when it breaks its over.

Some may roll their eyes but I don't think that Republican Senators will go down with this ship. They are greedy power hunger fuckers but ultimately not stupid when it comes to self preservation.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
They can deny it all they want, it's only a matter of time before Trump himself says "yeah it's true, so what".

scott-sharkey-evilsharkey-wapo-the-president-shat-himself-white-house-23281109.png

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yep. I mean, Republicans and their supporters might not like to pay attention, but this shit has been pretty consistent since 2016. Trump will admit it now. Mark my words.

At that point the Republican narrative will just change to "nuh uh" to "who cares? Better than Warren. We need Trump to win for the soul of AMERICA!".

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Uhh... What?

Mulvaney is not an idiot. Trump is for sure, but why would he just come out and admit to committing a crime?

I'm so lost.

Because they know right-wing media will frame this as Trump is just fighting against corruption/election meddling? Sure he is using more muscle than we are used to but Trump is just fighting the good fight, he stands up for regular Americans and stuff, don't look into it, just know that Trump good, Warren bad!

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You won't see Republicans turn unless their constituents do first. Can't be going against your voters!

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this whole administration is not in jail by the time this is over, fuck the democrats.
They need to push for it. harder than they are now. This is stupid.
The House of Representatives is not a law enforcement body, it's a legislative body. The Department of Justice (FBI, US Attorneys) are the ones who put people in jail for crimes and enforce the laws. You honestly sound like you have no idea how anything works and are just ranting "DO SOMETHING" while the Democrats are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing now.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
The House of Representatives is not a law enforcement body, it's a legislative body. The Department of Justice (FBI, US Attorneys) are the ones who put people in jail for crimes and enforce the laws. You honestly sound like you have no idea how anything works and are just ranting "DO SOMETHING" while the Democrats are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing now.
Thanks for the info. you can have back the snark.