• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If they go to trial the men may face a maximum of six months in prison and 500,000 yen (US$4,000) fine. The punishment is hard, but because it is so under reported people think they can just do it freely. Won't happened here.
It's under reported because of the social impact it will have on the girls who report it? Or because it's been "normalized" by being so common? The OP implies it happens a lot which I believe but it being under reported was confusing.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
It seems almost wrong to focus on that trip in this serious subject, but I can't help it.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The whole train molesting thing is really gross. It's not just that the law needs to crack down harder on these people, but culturally Japan should crack down on stuff that fetishizes train molesting and school uniforms too. Those things feed into these behaviors.

The article says that the guy who stuck his foot out could normally have been prosecuted for assault but because the guy who was apprehended admitted to the groping, the tripper helped catch a criminal and will avoid any charges. That's hilarious.
That's disgusting. The guy is a hero, but he could have been fucked over if the criminal just went "hurr durr I don't know why he tripped me lol".

It's under reported because of the social impact it will have on the girls who report it? Or because it's been "normalized" by being so common? The OP implies it happens a lot which I believe but it being under reported was confusing.
I think it is underreported because people often freeze when sexually abused. There are so many stories out there where the victim can't immediately muster the strength to speak up in a public place about it. Thoughts usually seem to default more along the lines of "why isn't anyone stopping this?", rather than "hey, fuck you, stop fucking touching me". You can see that same freezing mentioned by game devs who have recently spoken up about being sexually harassed by their bosses.

The second is because law enforcement and the government has been spotty to horrible about punishing these things. There have been actual Japanese politicians who try to brush off these abuses, and worse, with a "what's wrong with that? Boys will be boys" sort of attitude.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Someone can answer your question better than I do, but it is more the first than the later. But basically, it is important to keep harmony and order in Japanese society; follow your role and don't do anything that would cause disruption.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Omg that trip was beautiful. Give these girls stun guns, zap a motherfucker one good time and I bet he won't do that shit again lol.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Oj7cVEbl.jpg
Ah, good ole Era, suggesting that death is deserved whilst simultaneously decrying the death penalty.

Also, I have been several times, but aren't there quite a few cameras around train/metro/subway stations in Japan that are able to catch guys like him?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The whole train molesting thing is really gross. It's not just that the law needs to crack down harder on these people, but culturally Japan should crack down on stuff that fetishizes train molesting and school uniforms too. Those things feed into these behaviors.

I mean there are A LOT of JAVs about groping. Not sure why people want to feed that sexual fantasy when it seems to be a real problem in Japan...

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The article says that the guy who stuck his foot out could normally have been prosecuted for assault but because the guy who was apprehended admitted to the groping, the tripper helped catch a criminal and will avoid any charges. That's hilarious.
Yup not surprised. There is no incentive to help someone. No good Samaritan laws as well.

Well good on trip-San for taking that chance.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
And now that I think on it I want to say those girls are also MVPs for raising hell and chasing the guy.
Schoolgirl and Trip-san solidarity.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know the legality in Japan but if it was me on those trains I'd be carrying a can of pepper spray just in case.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I feel the foot trip, these videos always alarm me with how many people just seem to be standing by.

I once went to help a kid being beaten up by a gang of kids, in a busy high street. I was the only fucking person who helped, and they immediately turned on me.

They were attacking him because he was an alternative kid and they were townie kids who didn't like his clothes and hair. Adults just stood by gawping.

Thankfully we were both okay, but people seem to prefer to film than help.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know that foot trip guy is doing that shit to molesters and innocents alike.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Good shit on that leg trip. Never knew about this going on in Japan, how awful.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
So glad that piece of crap got caught. Wish he would've fell down the stairs. Gropers like that are one of the main issues that i've never understood as to why it's so widespread in Japan, and it's been going on for a long time as well.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Ah, good ole Era, suggesting that death is deserved whilst simultaneously decrying the death penalty.

Also, I have been several times, but aren't there quite a few cameras around train/metro/subway stations in Japan that are able to catch guys like him?

That's what I was thinking. The guy needs to be arrested and face justice, period. But wishing the guy gets hurt or killed is not right.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Brave girls for hunting down a grown up man like this. Why nobody is trying to stop him though (except tripper San) ?

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
That seems something like out of an anime which is unreal. That damn good trip nearly made him fall down the stairs and laughed as I did not expect that.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Saw that the other day.

At first I thought it was funny watching the fucker eat dirt like that. But then you see the girls chasing after him are like ten or something and it just turns depressing.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Nice foot trip, but a bit too early ... couple three seconds later and the fucker would have face-planted downstairs for greater justice.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good on the girls for giving chase and good on that random dude tripping him.

What a piece of shit.