• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Groping is a big problem on Japanese trains, and despite signs, pins, and women-only carriages sending a big message to the public that touching another person without their consent is never okay, cases of sexual harassment still persist.

The victims are often schoolgirls, who are sadly targeted to such an extent that one victim even wrote an entire book about her traumatic near-daily experiences. Thankfully, though, these schoolgirls are becoming more and more vocal at protecting themselves against "chikan", the Japanese word for a man who gropes women on trains.

According to a statement by station operators Japan East Rail, the suspect attempted to escape by heading towards another platform, but he was caught and detained by a rail attendant. Police were called, and one of the girls who was chasing him reported the man had groped her breasts while they were inside the train.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
That guy with the trip.

YOU THE REAL MVP !

Also .. that groper guy .... the fuck would you do shit like this for ?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shout out to that old guy who tripped him. wonder if the police detained him. although his face is on a widely shared video so hopefully he gets identified.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good job by those girls who didn't let him get away with It and from the bystander with the trip assist.

Hopefully this video inspires others and dissuades would-be predators going forward.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
The article says that the guy who stuck his foot out could normally have been prosecuted for assault but because the guy who was apprehended admitted to the groping, the tripper helped catch a criminal and will avoid any charges. That's hilarious.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The article says that the guy who stuck his foot out could normally have been prosecuted for assault but because the guy who was apprehended admitted to the groping, the tripper helped catch a criminal and will avoid any charges. That's hilarious.
I suppose this is the kind of thing that incentivizes the bystander effect.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
What's the punishment for this? Molesting a minor... in public. You'd assume that would be a harsh punishment. So I'm surprised it's common.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Dude was booking, but didn't realized that a savage was there

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
What's the punishment for this? Molesting a minor... in public. You'd assume that would be a harsh punishment. So I'm surprised it's common.
If they go to trial the men may face a maximum of six months in prison and 500,000 yen (US$4,000) fine. The punishment is hard, but because it is so under reported people think they can just do it freely. Won't happened here.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
It is a decent trip, but it then looks like he just stands by while actual children try to apprehend the guy. No one else even blinks. Props to the girls for taking that filth on.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

So what would have happened if the grouper denied it.

Would the hero get cherged for assault?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Glad you didn't mention the casual trip in the title because that was very satisfying to watch. And wow, those are very young girls you fucking weirdo!

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
That trip was absolutely perfect. Like he was going for a 'wait for the last second and hit attack for bonus points' move.

Oct 27, 2017
The issue is the prosecution in a country with a 99% conviction rate?
There's a reason it's so high, and it's pretty absurd. They pretty much don't charge you unless you've already admitted guilt. Or, on rare occasions, have enough evidence for an ironclad case. Cases don't go to trial to determine innocence or guilt - they're mostly glorified sentencing hearings. So groping cases, without video evidence, are just one person's word against the other in a conservative and patriarchal society. All the grouper would have to do is not confess.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ooo I wish he had been tripped down the escalator instead, but small victories. It seems like I've been hearing more stories about people fighting back against this problem lately. Is there a particular reason for that?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooo I wish he had been tripped down the escalator instead

Oj7cVEbl.jpg

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Ooo I wish he had been tripped down the escalator instead, but small victories. It seems like I've been hearing more stories about people fighting back against this problem lately. Is there a particular reason for that?
My guess is that the Internet has empowered people, as they see online that things don't have to be in a certain way. Just look at that fuckwad Farage being afraid of milkshakes, while not so long ago politicians were regarded as untouchable.