• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the success of Rez Infinite, is there any chance that we might see Child Of Eden get the VR treatment? I easily consider both Rez and Child Of Eden to be in my top ten gaming experiences, and a few days ago I got to play Rez using VR for the first time and it was truly an amazing experience. Ever since then I haven't been able to stop thinking about what Child Of Eden would be like in VR. That trippy block tunnel when you first start playing, the phoenix, the running men, and so on and so forth. Much like Rez, it feels like a game that was made for VR years before the fact.

This would be the perfect chance to revive Child Of Eden after it largely flopped due to being released as a full price game when it would have done much better at a price point similar to Rez Infinite. It also suffered due to it not being clear that it wasn't Kinect exclusive and could be played with a controller. It has always been so disheartening to see it largely become forgotten, especially when Rez' cult classic status has been nothing but a boon for it in recent years. They are both amazing experiences and it would suck if the spiritual successor to Rez was left to be forgotten just because it was originally released in a way that was doomed to fail.

Shrikey

Oct 27, 2017
I missed out on Rez way back when, but it was mind-blowing in VR. Don't know how it did sales wise, though.

CoE seems like a logical choice for a VR port.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather see stuff like Resident Evil Chronicles, House of the Dead, Time Crisis, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Sin & Punishment 2, Deadstorm Pirates but I take every lightgun game or Railshooter

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think rez infinite did all that well and child of eden is a weaker game. not sure it would be as good in vr either, imo it's a lot less interesting to look at.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I sadly have to agree on Child of Eden been a (much) weaker game - I was totally hyped when they announced it, but it just never felt as fresh or iconic as Rez by a long way and at times downright cheesy (like the part with all the digites pics). And if I remember correctly, the way to unlock all levels was to replay the first ones repeatedly before you could select another one? Something annoying like that.

As for VR, I believe the graphical style used for Child of Eden is less suitable than Rez, at least on a system like PSVR with limited resolution, so the result may be less impressive as well.

That said, I welcome Child of Eden being playable on Xbox One in a few days, that's a nice Games With Gold game to have.