• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping for a Valiant Hearts adaptation - pretty cool. Cant let this UbiArt games skip the Switch.

Already played CoL - neat little game though.

Wonder if this could result in new UbiArt titles or in general similar games from Ubi soon ?

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Child of Light and to a lesser extent Valiant Hearts. Glad more people get to enjoy them.

Oct 25, 2017
I recently got Valiant Hearts after seeing people recommending it to whoever enjoyed Forgotton Anne. Can't wait to play it.

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool, perfect games for the platform. Child of Light was cute, but Valient Hearts had me tearing up at times.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Great. COL is a game that I've booted up on PC to look at it but never played beyond that. Hopefully this unlocks it for me.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Got both with PS+.

Child of Light is great, the combat system was a good surprise. Combat themes are just phenomenal, one example:

Valiant Hearts was also good tough the gameplay wasn't that engaging.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Child of light was a pretty good game, and short too if you're someone that complains about rpgs being too long

Pepin

Oct 27, 2017
London
Any excuse to play Child of Light again

Also, UbiART Framework is one of my favourite engines, happy to see this and hoping it means more projects in that wonderous lil' chugger

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Child of Light was awesome, but too short for the kind of game it is.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't really able to get into Child of Light, but Valiant Hearts was my game of the year in 2014 and highly recommend for anyone who hasn't played it.

Might double dip on both and give Child of Light a 2nd chance.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
I love Child of Light but I'd rather get a sequel instead :/
Cool for those who didn't get it before tho.

Edit: well shit, I missed the tweet above..
Maybe I'll pick up the first game after all...

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Child of Light has one of the more beautiful soundtracks I know of game is really good as well. Been wanting a sequel for a long time, hopefully there's one coming in the future..
Got it digital for the Wii U and physical for so probably wont tripple dip. But I still highly recommend it.

Valiant Heart I've wanted to play for a long time.. probably going to pick that one up.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Also iirc there was two difficulties in Child of Light, make sure you pick the hardest, even in that one game isn't exactly hard.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I hope Child of Light is reworked a bit. When you can just wait it out in sidescrolling mode and refill aurora's entire hp, there's not much consequence.

Healing items are a bit too abundant also.

Gorgeous art direction and a great soundtrack, but I already own it so if there's very little difference, I won't pick it up.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
No desire to double-dip but Valiant Hearts was fantastic and brutal. Child of Light was eh...conceptually good, but not all that great in execution. Still, worthwhile additions for newcomers.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
I'd really like to see Ubi release another game with their UbiArt Framework. Rayman, Child of Light, and Valiant Hearts are great examples of the type of varied experiences possible with it. Last game released was a Rayman game for mobile back in 2015. Still super disappointed that Ancel's announcement that he'd like UbiArt to be publicly available and free (back in 2011) was more PR stunt than anything of substance.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I started valiant hearts on my ps4. Liked it a lot but never came around to finish it.

I think I will give it another go on switch

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'll double dip on Child of Light day one if it gets a physical release. Otherwise, I'll probably wait until later. Too many games to play to be adding stuff to my shopping list that isn't limited-issue.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
CoL was awesome (although could have used some small QoL improvements from what I remember). Has anything else came from the UbiArt project/team/whateveryoucallit? I was hoping CoL was the start of more of these types of titles but I haven't heard of any more.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
What made you like VH less than CoL? I too loved CoL and with the Switch release I might finally get VH.

I loved the RPG elements in Child of Light. Valiant Hearts while really good seemed to rely to much on puzzles which I'm not a fan of. It has a really good story though and if you like puzzles you'll like it.

Alcibiades

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Switch is getting more and more stellar games. Very amazing for a console that's not even two years old yet. It really puts the 3DS and Wii U combined to shame.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Valiant Hearts was awesome. Child of Light I couldn't stand. Movement was the equivalent of moving a mouse-cursor on screen rendering most level-desaign useless, and the rhyming was really badly done imo. Just a slog to play through.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Valiant Hearts is fantastic. Ubisofts best game this gen by a country mile.

More of these and less cut and pasted open world GaaS schlocks, please

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
CoL was really boring when I played it back then on the Vita. Bland game. I don't know Valiant Hearts, will check it out.