• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
The much talked about case with the two teens is unfortunate, but there are kids being abused by way of sex tourism. The priorities of things here seems straight forward.

Oct 27, 2017
I would appreciate separate legal designation for different kinds of sexual offense based on age differences or acts which don't even involve another human being. Our designation of misdemeanors and felonies clearly indicates we stratify severity of crime.

Champa

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'M all for it.
However if is as stated because you peed near a school or 17 year old sexting another 17 year old. Laws in that aspect should be reformed.
The passport should only target the real child sex offenders. I have no pity for them at all.
Especially when some sick fuck tried to snatch my girl cousin off the streets a few years back.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's trying to protect kids in foreign countries from Americans travelling overseas explicitly to hurt them. It's a good thing to do.

This won't do that honestly... Unless they are stopped from even entering those countries, it simply won't do it because many of those countries tend to either not have the infrastructure to track and prevent or the progress needed enough to care. Putting this stamp on someone who goes to India or some other poverty stricken country with backwards views on woman/girls will not stop them from doing so.

The better way would be to track them the same way we do terrorists (which we already do, just not on the same scale internationally), labeling it on their passport only serves to bring public opinion into the matter. Also just like potential terrorists, going to said countries that are full of sex trafficking is not enough to convict them of any wrongdoing.

I simply see no reason why or what good this policy would do other than public shame.