• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's right according to this article it's also weird for Childless millennials to even go, this is all based off of an old Facebook post which has gone viral again.

Original post.

1McNaiG.jpg

Nov 1, 2017
Why are you throwing away money by taking a baby to Disney World when he won't be able to remember ever having been there?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
What a weird fucking stance

Meanwhile everyone else has to endure your screaming infants who can neither do anything in the park nor ever remember any of the visit ever happening.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Pay me more and maybe I'll consider having a child. Or hell just better benefits to help pay for their upbringing.

Maxximo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope that post is parody because it basically read like a list on the reasons not to have children. XD

Aya

Oh wow, the envy and hate is gushing out lol. Wtf

Also if only families with children were allowed how would she skip the line since all them mommies would do it?! Ayayay, someone def needs 1000 chill pills and some kool-aid to wash 'em down

Zoso

Oct 27, 2017
This is old not sure why it's going viral again. Theme parks are for everybody, and that person is crazy. Going to Disney as an adult without children is an excellent way to experience the parks.

Oct 27, 2017
I went when I was eleven and I had never EVER seen my mum as stressed out and as irritable as she was that day, something about that place brings out the worst in people.

You're basically 'competing' with tens of thousands (or more?) of other people to park your car/get on a ride/get a burger/buy a hat/whatever, on top of managing your kid(s) which is a whole other story I presume. It is stressful as fuck.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
how can you go to disney if you are not a childless millenial? imagine going to star wars and everyone of your 4 kids wants a lightsaber

Oct 27, 2017
I'll stop going to Disneyland if you stop taking your babies to movies, deal?

People who go to the cinema with a baby are idiots. I have two of them, I cannot imagine inflicting them on people who want to go to a film. There is a specific parent + baby screening at my local cinema which is cool though, if you don't have a baby you have been warned well in advance.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I get in for free.

The idea of people getting mad that millennials are enjoying their lives without obligatory kids is hilarious to me.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
It makes sense. At that age you should be going to bars to have fun and socialize, not amusement parks meant for children.

I kid, I kid

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will never get why people bring kids under 3 to the parks.

1.) They're too young to remember than therefore appreciate any of it.

2.) A lot of the stuff will scare the crap out of them, even the "kiddie" rides.

3.) They shit themselves

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's just mad and jealous that she can't experience it without the kids in tow. Why is it millennials fault who don't want to bring kids into the world thats on fire that she can't do what she wants to.

Nov 1, 2017
Why do the same old, safe, boring thing when you could buy a round-trip Norwegian Airlines flight from New York to Paris right now for $280, get an AirBnb and sit along the Seine drinking rosé?
Isn't that the same old, safe, boring thing the article writer always does...? What makes that a better spend of your money? What if I don't like rosé? I've been to Paris, the Seine was kind of smelly...

Wouldn't it be better if everyone just did what made them happy instead of worrying about everyone else?

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I've been to Disney thrice in my life. Once as a baby, once as a teenager, and once as a young adult. The only time of those I remember actually having fun is the last one.

Dec 2, 2017
The usual complaint about those born between 1981 and 1996 remaining constant 12-year-olds is that the behavior amounts to self-infantilization and a lifelong immaturity that bleeds into basic decision making: getting jobs, paying bills, staying alive.

This writer definitely doesn't have a weird agenda.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
A bit off topic but was it always like that with waiting in line for hours, from the start? Or has that just spiraled out of control over the decades because more humans?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's angry clickbait. The lowest form of journalism and even clickbait is this sort of stuff, say something provocative as hell and hope it goes viral because people get angry at it.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's amusing that millennials are blamed for "killing" so many industries with their lack of disposable income, but then millennials want to go to Disney and it's like, no, don't do that, that's "weird."

Why would childfree adults ever want to go to a massive entertainment resort, I wonder.

Disney knows what they're doing. They don't throw the International Food & Wine Festival every fall for the kiddies. The author is using their outdated assumption of Disney (it's just for babies) to support an erroneous conclusion (adults who go to Disney without kids are "infantilizing" themselves, somehow).

I would encourage the author to actually go to Disney sometime to see what it's actually like. But they wouldn't, because that would be "weird."

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A bit off topic but was it always like that with waiting in line for hours, from the start? Or has that just spiraled out of control over the decades because more humans?

Before FastPass it used to be hell. Like 2+ hours for Space Mountain and all the best rides. I still remember when I went with my family in 99 and we waited THREE HOURS for the Rocket Rods rides (it was supposed to be only 2 but it broke down).