• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
The two of talk exactly like the type of person who did actually assassinate an Iranian official, fearless of any consequences from your actions directly affecting you and just as clueless as to how the rest of society think you are fucking up right now.

Yes, that's right. Dark humour is the same as killing someone.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Am I allowed the criticize the the court, the country (government) and the Islamic rules in general? Is that ok here?

Also you've got to be kidding me. Someone actually played the whole thing and instead of being proud that it's a good Iranian game they decided to take devs to the court because it's not Islamic enough? Who the fuck cares? Are the rules even that important?
There are some parts of the world were you never mess with religion. Its so messed up

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hope nothing happens to the developer like what happened to the devs of Devotion. They should be proud a critically praised videogame comes from their country instead of gatekeeping and harassing artists.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Jesus Christ, I hope that a fine is the worst thing that can happen to them. I'd hate to see something worse happen, especially over a complete non-issue

Yeah no, that's not the worst...

Best case if this truly goes to the sharia courts? Fines and the game pulled. Worst case we're looking at literally flogging of the developers and long prison times in addition to fines and the game pulled. You really can not mess around with the religious police over there unfortunately :(

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I sent a Tweet saying:

"No worries... My country will send a drone to assassinate the lawsuit against your client."

lol.

this is the same stupid sort of crap humor that people flooded twitter with to make idiotic and insulting WW3 memes despite how it spikes anxiety up very high for people like me who either know someone in the military, know friends in the country, or just don't want anyone to get hurt or die. Knock this shit off, it's the wrong board for this talk anyhow.

The devs could be in grave danger if they're in the country still and I do hope they can find some way out of this. Anyone know if they made a physical version of this game yet so I could support these devs? I swore I heard this mentioned as a Switch physical release a while ago as the name's one I recongize but I don't seem to remember if it's out or planned or not

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The fuck? Yes I know their security is what comes first, thats bloody obvious. I'm still allowed to worry about their product as well.

Who could have ever imagined that when you expressed concern about their roadmap but not about their safety, people could somehow interpret it as you being concerned about their roadmap but not about their safety?

Truly mindboggling situation, indeed.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Are the devs currently in Iran? I'm hoping they're all outside of the country and they can safely ignore this.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Religion is the biggest plague on humanity we have ever known. This is the shit religion always ends up enabling, we need to excise religious belief from humanity so fucking badly. Superstition and invisible friends hold back so much progress.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is Iran's government, not really used by other Muslim nation's, misleading to not mention that.

Edit. Thread title updated, thanks mods.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah no, that's not the worst...

Best case if this truly goes to the sharia courts? Fines and the game pulled. Worst case we're looking at literally flogging of the developers and long prison times in addition to fines and the game pulled. You really can not mess around with the religious police over there unfortunately :(
I know it's not but I'm hoping for the best. I hate how religion dominates law in these countries. Like I would think the idea of flogging someone would be something they wouldn't even consider but that's an actual that can happen. It's insane

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I know it's not but I'm hoping for the best. I hate how religion dominates law in these countries. Like I would think the idea of flogging someone would be something they wouldn't even consider but that's an actual that can happen. It's insane

In fact, Iran and Pakistan are the only two countries that have the death penalty explicitly written into their blasphemy laws. As you said, it's insane.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this shit so much and I hate that we can't even talk about it without feeling uncomfortable or hateful. I wish it was easier to criticize this shit.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate this shit so much and I hate that we can't even talk about it without feeling uncomfortable or hateful. I wish it was easier to criticize this shit.
It shouldn't make you feel hateful. Thinking an idea or belief is stupid/backward/destructive/insane doesn't make you hateful or bigoted. It's when you take your criticism of the belief/culture/idea and apply to people that it becomes hateful.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Iran was a pretty progressive and open place before being handed over to a bearded asshole in 1979.

Fucking tragedy what happened to it. There's nothing wrong with criticizing the barbarian government or the imperialists who allowed it to happen. The people shouldn't have to live under this mess.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iran was a pretty progressive and open place before being handed over to a bearded asshole in 1979.

Fucking tragedy what happened to it. There's nothing wrong with criticizing the barbarian government or the imperialists who allowed it to happen. The people shouldn't have to live under this mess.
Wasn't it Iranians that decided they wanted this, the Shah himself was pretty corrupt and they wanted him out. And it was US backed and armed Saddam Hussein that inflamed the situation that saw the nation lose over a million men/women, that's an entire generation of children without complete families devastated by war. I don't think it's as simple as saying bearded men, I can see why so many would be cautious of outsiders after they were on the brink of annihilation. We're definitely responsible for some of this.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it Iranians that decided they wanted this, the Shah himself was pretty corrupt and they wanted him out. And it was US backed and armed Saddam Hussein that inflamed the situation that saw the nation lose over a million men/women, that's an entire generation of children without complete families devastated by war. I don't think it's as simple as saying bearded men, I can see why so many would be cautious of outsiders after they were on the brink of annihilation.

Some Iranians, but not all, were upset by the Shah's corruption and the fact that he had been a puppet of the US and UK, and Russia was more than happy to help Khomeini if it meant an anti-US regime in the region. Of course, if the US and UK hadn't gotten rid of Mossadegh in the 50s, none of this would have happened, but it doesn't make Khomeini defensible in the least.

Zonnes

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Most of you don't understand how serious these allegations are, a judge who has no idea what games are will be looking at these young devs and will make an example of them, they are most probably looking at 10+ years in jail

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Most of you don't understand how serious these allegations are, a judge who has no idea what games are will be looking at these young devs and will make an example of them, they are most probably looking at 10+ years in jail

You get lashed for playing rock music, so yeah... people here shouldn't make jokes.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Luckily the developers are (apparently) in Texas. So the government can take their summons and shove it.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
based on what i'm seeing, looks they they had some pos fanatic who's taking them to court over this, but i don't see anything that would get them into major trouble. nothing majorly anti-islam or against the iranian government.
i'm optimistic that the court won't take it too seriously and they'll get away with a slap on the wrist. still very fucked up that they have to go to court over this in the first place and the case wasn't immediately thrown out.
Hope so. THat's a really silly reason to go to court on.

Off topic but, there are a few games developed/published by an Arab team
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Abdulla Hassan Al-Farsi

Pretty sure there are various other Iran developed/published games

Homura

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 20, 2019
I don't give a fuck about your culture if it limits basic human rights and freedom.
Fuck Iran.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Oh wow, I kickstarted this game, this is madness. I hope it gets attention and that they are offered asylum.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Tell us how you really feel deep inside of you, we're listening.
570318245374984193.png