• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looks decent enough (Mark sounds amazing imitating Brad), but Chucky himself looks terrible lol.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
JPr58qZ.jpg

Ugh this again? Stranger Things was a mistake.

I'm going to be so upset if Chucky doesn't roast these damn kids.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know, is this movie at least shooting for an R-rating? It's not Chucky if he's not spouting vile language non stop

FreDre

Apr 10, 2018
Argentina
I remember a 1993 slasher movie named "Ghost in the Machine", staring Karen Allen, that has a similar premise.
Although it's not an AI; the serial killer controlled all the appliances with his soul, or something cheesy like that.

Here's the trailer:

The killer even enters virtual reality

Truly ahead of its time.

Last edited:

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I think Chucky being a smart home hub is smart. The questionable thing is if the horror being replicated across a whole city cheapens it or not. We'll see.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
looks awesome! the little bit from Hamill sounded great

the bit where he was standing in the door form around the corer gave me chills, cant wait to see it

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Let me guess, the boy's hearing aid is going to be the key to defeating him somehow.

Groan.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He looks bad.

Also has the ability to control your devices? That is such a terrible idea, and is over-powered.

I'm gonna skip this hard.

Mark Hamill voice choice is great though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So will the tv series continue from cult? That ending was a huge cliffhanger.

The last thing I heard was, it will be a new story, set in the same universe as the movies and will be consistent with the existing mythology but they clearly weren't giving much away. I'd be surprised if they didn't address that cliffhanger in some way.

Found the info about what was said about the new series.

Syfy has set Nick Antosca, the creator of its horror anthology series, Channel Zero, to develop the canonical continuation series alongside original creator Don Mancini.

"It's consistent with that mythology, but it's a whole new story. So, you could come into it without knowing anything about the previous stuff and get into it. But it is consistent with all the mythology that has come before, so it is in canon."
Nick also teases appearances from other characters that we've met throughout the films. Indeed, characters such as Jennifer Tilly, both as Tiffany and herself, as well as (Chucky actor Brad Dourif's daughter,) Fiona Dourif's Cult Of Chucky character Nica Pierce, even the original film's doll-owning child protagonist, Alex Vincent's Andy Barclay ā€“ who returned for some of the Child's Play sequels, including the most recent ā€“ could be in the mix to appear on the series. As Antosca teases with a bit of a caveat:
"They might pop in eventually, but it's new characters. I don't want to say anything definitive. I want to leave that to Don, but let's just say that there might be opportunities in the story for Jennifer or Fiona to make an appearance. Of course, the plan is for Brad to be the voice."

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Is evil toy possessed by a serial killer any more simple a concept than evil AI possessing a toy and cars, and a whole store, and your boiler?

Yes, yes it is.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I was just starting to come around to the idea of this remake but I think this trailer just unsold me on the whole thing. Looks really uninspired.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This is doubly annoying because Chucky as a franchise is still thriving, and is debatably more interesting than it's ever been. The last two Chucky films have been genuinely very good. Remakes are inherently unnecessary, but this one is on a whole other level.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhh what was it...? Spoiler tag if you want....
Chucky found a way to possess multiple dolls and people at the same time, trapped Andy in the asylum, possessed Nica, left a few more Chucky's in the asylum, and left with Tiff and a possessed Tiffany doll. The original Chucky was reduced to just a head after a failed Andy ambush at the end of Curse of Chucky and Andy called Kyle from Childs Play 2 to keep torturing him

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
This looks off in some way. Chucky himself looks like terrible CGI. Not sure I like the angle of a group of kids getting together to take on Chucky. Not much in this trailer that's giving me a lot of hope for this to be anything more than "see it on a discount night two weeks after it comes out."

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Looks decent but I am not a fan of the new Chucky design. The old design could have worked still so it really seems like change for the sake of change.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
If Chucky is supposed to be a modern retail product, the original design is very much dated.
Im speaking more to making his face look different drastically different. Sure I get modernizing certain aspects like the hair quality, cloth quality, etc but there was no real reason to change his face other than for artistic reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
That's entirely subjective, and their aesthetic reasoning depends on the teenagers they want to attract to the box office. They want the mainstream box office dollars, not the niche horror fan dollars.

But personally, I still think it's as dated as Howdy Doody.

Wouldn't be so bad if the new doll actually looked good or scary but it's awful. There's just something off about it but not in a good, horror way.

OP
OP
Violence Jack

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This is not the face of a retail product suited for 2019.

xOIAyUo.jpg

The design of the Chucky doll was based off of the My Buddy dolls that were around in the mid-1980s. That's why it looks dated. I don't mind the new design, but it looks like a doll that already looks creepy instead of looking as innocent as the original design did initially.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
So I'm guessing there's no soul possession in this version? I haven't kept up with it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite series moment was Chucky destroying and replacing the other good guy doll.

"Hi, I'm...*thinking*...Tommy! And I'm your friend to the end!"

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it so hard for them animate Chucky's face correctly like they did in the 80s? CGI stuff just doesn't work with Chucky

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
That kid looks a bit old to be into dolls.

... says the 30 year old who plays videogames and reads comic books

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
So weird seeing her playing that kid's mother. She doesn't seem old enough or motherly enough whatever the hell that means šŸ˜‚

She's a couple of years younger than Catherine Hicks was during the filming of the original, it could be the 80's style that gives you that impression? I do that sometimes.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
She's a couple of years younger than Catherine Hicks was during the filming of the original, it could be the 80's style that gives you that impression? I do that sometimes.
Actually. She's 34 so he could be hers easily if she had him at 20 or something. I think it's just cause I've never seen her play anyone besides silly young women.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Remember people, the reason why certain things are changed are all of the "legally distinct" reasoning because the studio only owns the rights to the original name and film. The majority of the ideas and franchise they don't so everything is offbranded but close enough, but it's not about updating.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
original.jpg

I will watch as I love Chucky, but it's going to need to be good to take the crown from The Bride Of Chucky

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
That kid still is way too old to be into dolls even a "smart" one.

Evil AI has already been played out for years now.