• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Fucking Piñera, if he thinks that calling the military is going to make the people to stop the protest... THEN HE'S THE STUPIDEST MAN ON THE PLANET ALONG WITH TRUMP. He's really making things a lot worse.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell! That'd be a nightmarish scenario here in Lima, should that happen. I remember when they tried to raise the fare for the Metropolitano, people complained and they rolled back the raise.

Chile is a country that got a big scar from the Pinochet government, the government introduced lots of terrible politics and people just accepted them even if there were some protests in this 30 years, most of them where with the authorization from the government and died quickly. This month lots of things happened, between the government terrible management of the situation, to the ecuador riots making chilean people realize that we were kinda spineless for this things. Also, this protest has not being organized by any organization or major political figure, it was people just getting tired of all this shit.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Can the title be updated, please? "State of emergency officially declared" should be added... I dunno if OPs can change the titles or that's something that only mods/admins can do.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Police shooting people
Using tear gas inside the subway
Beating kids and sending tanks againts the civilians...

But if you turn on the TV they focus on the people stealing Coke from the pizza hut in Plaza italia...

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Boy, the "better times" are getting even better!

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
yeah but we were going to become "Chilezuela" if we didn't vote for Piñera though!

Fucking hell. And people elected this bastard TWICE. T W I C E.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Chile is a country that got a big scar from the Pinochet government, the government introduced lots of terrible politics and people just accepted them even if there were some protests in this 30 years, most of them where with the authorization from the government and died quickly. This month lots of things happened, between the government terrible management of the situation, to the ecuador riots making chilean people realize that we were kinda spineless for this things. Also, this protest has not being organized by any organization or major political figure, it was people just getting tired of all this shit.

The most incredible thing about this is how it wasn't coordinated. People from everywhere were fucking tired of all this shit, from secondary students to old people, and they all joined the cause...

This is an historical day for this country.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yeah but we were going to become "Chilezuela" if we didn't vote for Piñera though!

Fucking hell. And people elected this bastard TWICE. T W I C E.

Wrong. People actually punished the left by not going to vote. Between Guillier and Beatriz Sanchez, people knew there was a power struggle in the left and the country suffered for it. Plus, you have young left wing politicians telling everyone to abstain voting for Guillier which in turn became support for Piñera.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Wrong. People actually punished the left by not going to vote. Between Guillier and Beatriz Sanchez, people knew there was a power struggle in the left and the country suffered for it. Plus, you have young left wing politicians telling everyone to abstain voting for Guillier which in turn became support for Piñera.

you're right, it was a mess - weak candidates from the center-left (Guillier barely wanted to be there and Sanchez was completely unproven) and a complete media machine making Piñera the president-elect for years before the election even started only contributed to that.

Still, plenty of people willingly voted for him. After his disastrous first round... they still voted for him. Fucking hell.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
the video of the girl being shot hit me hard. she looks about my age. she looked so shocked. fucking hell

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell, they are shooting people that are jus protesting for the fares? Stay safe chileans.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Very inspiring and frightening. We're seeing similar things all over the globe because people are fed up with the status quo of things.

Glad these young people aren't afraid to march/take action and spark others into joining their cause.

Stay safe y'all

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Fucking hell, they are shooting people that are jus protesting for the fares? Stay safe chileans.

Yeah, but there's just so much more. I'll cross post this:

It's not just the fares. That was the tipping point.

Electricity will raise 10%
Retirement is controlled by private corporations that generates millions of dollars in private earning, our elders are retiring with less than 190USD A MONTH
In other regions, toxicity created by corporations have polluted the air so much, schools closed their year to protect children. One of the activist's leader was found "suicided" last year.
The fares have raised 60% in 9 years, average income only 40%
DROUGHT is getting to the country, while PRIVATES (including Govt Agriculture Minister) HAS PRIVATE WATER RIGHTS of millions of ml per seconds, and effectively STILL STEAL water from the people, killing their cattle and their economies in the process.

All this while:
OUR PRESIDENT DIDN'T PAY TAXES FOR ONE OF HIS HOUSES FOR 30 YEARS, FOR AN AMMOUNT OF 422.000USD, after being found guilty, paid the maximum ordered by the law: 27.000USD
Those found guilty of this kind of crimes, of MILLIONS of DOLLARS are SENT TO FUCKING ETHICS CLASS. Dodging the transportation fare ($1.17USD) can get you to JAIL

This is just the tip of the iceberg of the problems of the country. People started protesting over fares, but it's really against all the abuse of the Elite Class

This protest have been going for 5 days. Just 5 days. It started as a civil disobedience movement. Cops were sent to suffocate it, it ended like this today.

74423359_10158985789939816_1373268234723131392_n.jpg

It starts with "Chi" but it doesn't end with "na". This is supposed to be a Democracy.

Last edited:

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still shocked with the police using real ammunition against the protesters. Is something I did not expect happening in Chile. Is a hell of a scalation.