• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FuuRe

Oct 26, 2017
oIRaxMg.png

Welcome to our new corner.

(Reserved for future introductory post)

Que vengan acá todos los weones!

Feel free to post questions about our little piece of paradise, if we can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to chime in here.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Wennnaa cabros. Finally you made the damn thread FuuRe! Typical Chilean doing things at a snails pace! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the message Ecliptor. Had no idea the thread was made.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see any tag. I assume no one uses the discord right? lol I haven't logged on for a while. Seems we are missing quite a few people here from ChileGAF.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, someone said my name and here i am.

Tomorrow i will get one of these.

fuente-suiza.jpg

Fuente Suiza FTW.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Entonces habrá que votar por Guillier para que le haga collera a Piñera, no queda otra?

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
What do you guys have to say about Bolivia's territorial claims? I'm curious (Spain here).

Well, correct me if im wrong here guys, but Chile took that territory because the english empire wanted the salitre (
saltpeter?) at all cost, Bolivia and Peru raised the taxes for the salitre extraction. so the English pressured the Chilean goverment and gave them weapons and money among other things to take over that valuable salitre land. After that the english were the only people extracting the mineral, they built whole cities around it, now in ruins cuz the germans (i think) invented cheap edible lab table salt, making the whole salitre thing pointless.

humberstone-voyhoy-22.jpg

So yeah, Chile went to war agaisnt Bolivia and Perú cuz of that, and they won (im Chilean but i dont like to say we won, i hate stupid war pride and shit) i´m not a patriot.

Bolivia and Peru totally deserve their territory back, but now millions of Chileans live in there so that makes the Bolivian claims almost impossible to completion. Also after the war is over Bolivia and Peru signed some papers agreeing to the Chilean frontier lines.

I hope they get and agreement where both sides wins in some way or another.

OP
OP
FuuRe

FuuRe

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to address a lot of things

1) Our future election candidates
turddouche.jpg

2) Bolivia should have access to the sea, they're our neighbors and I'm sure each party can get to an "everyone wins" kind of agreement. Also, I cringe hard when anyone mentions the "blood of our ancestors" argument, it's asinine.

3) La fuente Suiza es increible, fuente mardoqueo es a toda nalga, la fuente Alemana bajó de calidad pero sigue siendo buena.
Me dieron una gran idea de poner picadas en el OT que estoy preparando

4) I'm always at discord, come at me bros

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
No se de donde mierda la Fuente Suiza o Fuente Alemana obtienen la palta Hass cremosa?, las weas de palta que venden en los super mercados y ferias tienen gusto a hojas de parras, alguien sabe donde comprar la Palta Hass de toda la vida? no importa que sea caro.

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
At least you guys get to use public transportation for free on election day! That is cool?! I have never heard of such a thing anywhere else in the world. Seems like such a no brainer to do that everywhere in the world.
True, seems like a good action to take for those days, considering public transport here is quite expensive (in relation to minimum/average salary)

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Emol seems like we got Piñera with a 14% lead with 82% counted? (is that what mesas means?)

Also looks like a low turnout? 38% participation at this point? lol shit. But with votes still to count not sure but still looks to be damn low.

Fake edit: I dont understand these elections. People saying we will have a second vote and that candidates will form a pack against Piñera and Piñera without 45% here is basically fucked or something on the second vote. No idea whats going on lol

Emol comments are youtube tier trash.

2nd Fake edit: Okay I get it. Basically if someone doesn't get 50% we go to a second vote. Question is if Piñera sits around 37% on the first vote and Guillier around 23% - where does the 40% of remaining voters whos candidates are out lean towards on the second vote? Sanchez voters probably mostly go to Guillier no? Piñera in a second round is in tough.

Last edited:

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
2nd Fake edit: Okay I get it. Basically if someone doesn't get 50% we go to a second vote. Question is if Piñera sits around 37% on the first vote and Guillier around 23% - where does the 40% of remaining voters whos candidates are out lean towards on the second vote? Sanchez voters probably mostly go to Guillier no? Piñera in a second round is in tough.

This is correct.

Right wing candidates, Piñera 36% + Kast 8% = 44% total

Lefties, all other candidates Guillier, Sanchez, Goic, Meo, Artes and Navarro = 56%

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
This is correct.

Right wing candidates, Piñera 36% + Kast 8% = 44% total

Lefties, all other candidates Guillier, Sanchez, Goic, Meo, Artes and Navarro = 56%
Voter turnout will decide. Piñera better hope the Millennials stay home next round. :p

I actually don't think this is remotely in the bag for Guillier and the lefties as some on social media are making it seem.

One thing about the old right wingers is they are usually better at showing up to vote.

OP
OP
FuuRe

FuuRe

Oct 26, 2017
The thing is, not everyone in the left (and as farfetched as it sounds) wants to support Guillier, and also most of the issues addressed by the DC (Goic) are more conservative than liberal, for example, their stance over abortion rights.

So you can't just add the +5% of Goic to Guillier

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We didn't deserve Bea.

A lot of old faces were removed in this election, change is coming. Looks like new generations are starting to become stronger.

And ffs sake get Kast out already, we don't need a chilean trump. Fuck him.

OP
OP
FuuRe

FuuRe

Oct 26, 2017
It is a bit worrysome as a society that Kast had such a large voting percentage.

I mean it is still OK as it wasn't an extremely large percentage, so we're very far away to have a local Trump or Marine Le Pen doppelganger.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
It is a bit worrysome as a society that Kast had such a large voting percentage.

I mean it is still OK as it wasn't an extremely large percentage, so we're very far away to have a local Trump or Marine Le Pen doppelganger.
Yeah

Also the almost non existent vote for loreto cerda shows that at least they have some shame

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Wow! I just saw this thanks to Ecliptor's Tag :O

I had been off work two weeks due to stress and depression, but I'm back poniendole el hombro. So I didn't check ResetERA all that often and didn't check notifications.

Glad to see you are all alive here guys.

That pic from OP made me laugh haha

Anyway, the elections soap opera is fun. I don't like Guillier that much but oh well, mal menor y weas

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I would have absolutely brought you a PS4 pro Ostinatto if I had the space. I know I mentioned a bit ago on GAF if anyone wanted something but I am finding it difficult to fit just my damn clothes and personal posessions in my luggage as is. I am not planning to come back to visit for a 5 years or so this time so I am basicaly fitting my life in my backpack. A home console would be impossible unfortunately. Maybe a Canada keychain? lol

Also our dollar sucks. I see on amazon it is $400 canadian a 1tb pro. Which with tax is 230 lucas. Not sure if that is the cheapest. In the states it is selling for $199 in some places I believe I saw. Crazy.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Voy saliendo al aeropuerto! Nos vemos en un par de dias Chile!

Pero primero un stop por 2 noches en Lima pa comer lomo saltado.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)