• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Pc factory automatically reminds me of those guys sleeping outside for that sale they do each year, lmao.
what sale is that? and when? I have never even stepped foot in a pc factory come to think of it lol.

My acer laptop charger died on me a few weeks ago and it sucks because it is a 7,1 AMP charger (gaming laptop) and almost impossible to find here in Chile. I think on mercado libre for 90 lucas or something. I ended up buying a charger that is like 4 amps for $12.000 but it is not capable of gaming on or the charger will stop charging. The laptop just draws too much power and I don't risk it anyways as not to damage my PC. Gotta wait until I go back and visit Canada to buy a new charger for cheaper.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
what sale is that? and when? I have never even stepped foot in a pc factory come to think of it lol.

My acer laptop charger died on me a few weeks ago and it sucks because it is a 7,1 AMP charger (gaming laptop) and almost impossible to find here in Chile. I think on mercado libre for 90 lucas or something. I ended up buying a charger that is like 4 amps for $12.000 but it is not capable of gaming on or the charger will stop charging. The laptop just draws too much power and I don't risk it anyways as not to damage my PC. Gotta wait until I go back and visit Canada to buy a new charger for cheaper.

How have you not heard about PC Factory's sale?!
https://www.24horas.cl/tendencias/c...y-anuncia-tradicional-venta-de-bodega-2851275

The discounts are insane. I think the PS4 was around 100 lucas. Thing is that people start camping out with a looooot of anticipation. I think this year the date leaked out and people began camping the previous Wednesday.
There was a video card down to 200 lucas from 500. That kind of stuff.

As for the PC charger, why don't you try buying the correct one from Amazon or directly from Acer and bring it using a locker/casilla? I use Garveshop everytime I need to buy something from abroad that has no direct shipping to Chile. If it's over 30 dollars you'll have to pay taxes, but I think its better than waiting until you go to Canada.
Those replacement chargers you get here are really bad, I'm convinced one of those fried my old notebook's circuits.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
How have you not heard about PC Factory's sale?!
https://www.24horas.cl/tendencias/c...y-anuncia-tradicional-venta-de-bodega-2851275

The discounts are insane. I think the PS4 was around 100 lucas. Thing is that people start camping out with a looooot of anticipation. I think this year the date leaked out and people began camping the previous Wednesday.
There was a video card down to 200 lucas from 500. That kind of stuff.

As for the PC charger, why don't you try buying the correct one from Amazon or directly from Acer and bring it using a locker/casilla? I use Garveshop everytime I need to buy something from abroad that has no direct shipping to Chile. If it's over 30 dollars you'll have to pay taxes, but I think its better than waiting until you go to Canada.
Those replacement chargers you get here are really bad, I'm convinced one of those fried my old notebook's circuits.
Damn that sucks that it just happened and I never even heard of it. Not sure I would wait in those lines though.

I will check out Garveshop (never heard of it) because I honestly get scared every time I use the charger. I try to charge while the computer is powered down to cut down on most risks using an underpowered and cheap charger but I think I need to suck it up and get an original because I know I am playing with fire here.

I guess I could also just get a family member to buy a charger in Canada and send it to me.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Como estan bros? When we going to meet up for F sake?

My life is work. Come home watch youtube vids or play pc games and days when my girlfriend is not working (she works nights at a bar) just hanging out in the house with her. But I am basically home always after work and weekends. My only two decent friends don't live in Santiago.

I live and work in Santiago centro.

I speak chileno so don't be afraid if your english isn't that good. Though all of you guys speak (at least write) perfectly fluent english.

Where did most of you learn english?

Throwing this out there for Santiagüinos: my girl works at a nice bar in plaza nuñoa so first drink is on the house. Let's go!

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm always with the pera, with my friends too, I think I need to fix my mind because it happens too often lol

My best memories of learning english are by translating videogames and watching movies with subs over and over until I can watch them without subs and recognize how they build sentences.

Basically consuming US and UK media globalizing the hell out my own culture until I became alienated enough I can write and communicate in English

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I learned english due to videogames, specially Pokemon Silver.
I had Pokemon Red, but it was sold translated here, to Spanish. Silver wasn't, so I got used to playing with a english-spanish dictionary. I had a pretty good professor in basic school, so both things helped a ton.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I've been lurking in this forum for over a year and just noticed there is a Chilean corner in ERA.

Happy to know this. Subbed.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I learned english due to videogames, specially Pokemon Silver.
I had Pokemon Red, but it was sold translated here, to Spanish. Silver wasn't, so I got used to playing with a english-spanish dictionary. I had a pretty good professor in basic school, so both things helped a ton.

I'm on the same boat, however i used Emerald. I remember playing gold, emulated on a pc, with some kind of korean language (funny thing is, young as i was, i still managed to beat it, even getting to red on Mt. Silver lmao).

Also the pokemon TCG, and english music were huge for my learning experience.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Parece que lo actualizaron a entre 1995 y 1999? Me interesa igual saber más, yo nací el 1993

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Cabros, estoy buscando dos cables pal PC y no se donde pillarlos (que no sea ir a la chucha a través de Mercadolibre). Ya me di una vuelta entera en los persa de computación en el BioBio y nada

Uno es un adaptadr Molex para ventilador de 3 pin. Cache en mercadolibre a 3500 pesos, pero entregan en Las Condes en horario de pega y estoy frito ahi. Necesito Molex a al menos 3 conexiones de 3 pin

Lo otro es cable SATA de datos de unos 60 cm, los de 40 me quedaron justos.

¿Donde chucha los pillo?

Por Aliexpress los encuentro, pero con el envio no sale realmente tan a cuenta (a veces el envio sale mas que el producto además)

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Cabros, estoy buscando dos cables pal PC y no se donde pillarlos (que no sea ir a la chucha a través de Mercadolibre). Ya me di una vuelta entera en los persa de computación en el BioBio y nada

Uno es un adaptadr Molex para ventilador de 3 pin. Cache en mercadolibre a 3500 pesos, pero entregan en Las Condes en horario de pega y estoy frito ahi. Necesito Molex a al menos 3 conexiones de 3 pin

Lo otro es cable SATA de datos de unos 60 cm, los de 40 me quedaron justos.

¿Donde chucha los pillo?

Por Aliexpress los encuentro, pero con el envio no sale realmente tan a cuenta (a veces el envio sale mas que el producto además)

Has probado ver en SP Digital? Tienen variedad de cosas para los PC.

www.spdigital.cl

Y si no, sería que buscaras por ebay con envio barato o te resignaras en Aliexpress. En Ali, podrías ver si un sólo vendedor tiene todo lo que pides y ver si puedes hacer un solo pedido, para pagar una sola vez el costo de envio.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Has probado ver en SP Digital? Tienen variedad de cosas para los PC.

www.spdigital.cl

Y si no, sería que buscaras por ebay con envio barato o te resignaras en Aliexpress. En Ali, podrías ver si un sólo vendedor tiene todo lo que pides y ver si puedes hacer un solo pedido, para pagar una sola vez el costo de envio.

Si pero no tienen los cables. Al final me sale relativamente más barato si pido todo junto en Aliexpress, sólo que tendré que esperar para ver si es lo que necesitaba de verdad xD

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
What wea? ¿ChileEra OT? Ni lo había visto

Hola weones

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
En mi casa yo no alcancé a bajar del segundo piso, fue impresionante ver como se reventaban los transformadores

Last edited:

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yo recién había terminado de tomar once ( a las 3 AM ) y veía el fantasma del espacio de costa a costa en el primer piso. Bajó mi cuñada y mi hermano y esperamos en la puerta hasta que todo terminó. Se rompieron copas y un vino del año 85'

Esos 3 minutos culiaos yo pensé que ya todo valió

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Wena cabros. You guys PC game? Anyone playing Apex? I just match with nothing but brazilians screaming in portuguese. Is it normal that we usually get connected to brazilean servers? I mean, the main south american server farms being in brazil?

My girl has the backsteet boys at viña on blast in the bedroom and I am here in the living playing apex with headphones on.

Oct 25, 2017
My girl has the backsteet boys at viña on blast in the bedroom and I am here in the living playing apex with headphones on.
379ch.gif

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it's normal. The biggest servers on the continent are on Brazil, one of the Chilean forums I visit always has complaints since VTR's connection to Brazilian servers is laggy as hell.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yep, it's normal. The biggest servers on the continent are on Brazil, one of the Chilean forums I visit always has complaints since VTR's connection to Brazilian servers is laggy as hell.

I actually have 0 problems playing Battlefield V in the brazilian servers with 60 ping (I have VTR). I play it just fine in the 131 ping US servers also.

I don't know about Apex since I haven't even downloaded though, at some point in the year I'll do a Battle Royale' Battle Royale and try them all lol

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Backstreet boys are the shit but i just find viña so damn boring. Not even 90's nostalgia can get me to watch it.
I have movistar and no issues with lag to be honest. Nothing but good things with them. Very fast speeds. I have fiber optic i think.
I actually have 0 problems playing Battlefield V in the brazilian servers with 60 ping (I have VTR). I play it just fine in the 131 ping US servers also.

I don't know about Apex since I haven't even downloaded though, at some point in the year I'll do a Battle Royale' Battle Royale and try them all lol
Yeah i am not into battle royales but this one has hooked me. But i know it wont last. I just get bored easily.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of building a gaming PC here. I have a gaming laptop and was wondering what you guys think it could sell for? Very good condition, looks brand new no defects. Battery life is still good. Bought it in 2015 but i still play new games on medium at least. 960m has never given me any problems i swear its a damn good laptop card still. Could I at least get 300.000? Otherwise I wouldn't even bother selling it since it still serves me well. I paid like 650.000 CLP in canada when I bought it originally.

Specs:

Acer Aspire v15 nitro black edition
Nvidia 960m 4gb
8gb ram
15 inch 1080p display
Intel i7 4720HQ 2.60 GHz
1TB Hard Drive
Windows 10 Home

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Thinking of building a gaming PC here. I have a gaming laptop and was wondering what you guys think it could sell for? Very good condition, looks brand new no defects. Battery life is still good. Bought it in 2015 but i still play new games on medium at least. 960m has never given me any problems i swear its a damn good laptop card still. Could I at least get 300.000? Otherwise I wouldn't even bother selling it since it still serves me well. I paid like 650.000 CLP in canada when I bought it originally.

Specs:

Acer Aspire v15 nitro black edition
Nvidia 960m 4gb
8gb ram
15 inch 1080p display
Intel i7 4720HQ 2.60 GHz
1TB Hard Drive
Windows 10 Home

300 seems good, I mean you can get something similar for 400.000 with a 1050 so I totally see you selling it at that price. Where are you going to sell it? Some Facebook groups are really good

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
300 seems good, I mean you can get something similar for 400.000 with a 1050 so I totally see you selling it at that price. Where are you going to sell it? Some Facebook groups are really good
I am honestly still undecided. I just built a rough pc online with pcpartpicker and in the states a build that costs $680 usd shipped would cost me almost $1000 usd here in chile (used solotodo.com to find price quotes)...

So that blows. 650.000 clp basically is my build and it would be considered a mid range build i guess? (Rysen 5 2600, GTX 1050 ti 4gb, 16 ram, asus mobo, 240gb ssd)

I am a noob at building a pc so this was just a rough 10 minute build using the most popular parts that were in my price range. I have to research more. I was hoping to build a pc for maybe 450.000 CLP that can play games on -medium to high at at least 1440p. Guess that is a pipe dream? Please don't laugh at me. :/

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I am honestly still undecided. I just built a rough pc online with pcpartpicker and in the states a build that costs $680 usd shipped would cost me almost $1000 usd here in chile (used solotodo.com to find price quotes)...

So that blows. 650.000 clp basically is my build and it would be considered a mid range build i guess? (Rysen 5 2600, GTX 1050 ti 4gb, 16 ram, asus mobo, 240gb ssd)

I am a noob at building a pc so this was just a rough 10 minute build using the most popular parts that were in my price range. I have to research more. I was hoping to build a pc for maybe 450.000 CLP that can play games on -medium to high at at least 1440p. Guess that is a pipe dream? Please don't laugh at me. :/

Buying used is an option? I bought my 1060 6gb Zotac mini for $180.000 in October last year, used. I have an I7 4770, 8gb Ram DDR3 and that card and play most games at high 1080p/60 or better. Newer games can play 1080p/60 at medium or better too. That CPU is like at $100 lucas usada, so you can build something cheap if you want.

If you want 1440p though you need at least a 1060 6gb (1440p medium or mixed though, depends on the game. Or maybe at less than 60fps). Or the 1660Ti that recently launched that it's better, it performs better than the 1070, but it's pricer new (it's almost 300k and the better 2060 is at 330-350 so there's that too). The 1070 used is dropping below 300k too..

Ryzen 5 2600 is at 170 lucas more or less new. We should get the Ryzen 3000 series this year though, so you may want to wait a bit. RAM is still pricey here but in the US they should drop this year too.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Updating my previous answer, I believe that a 1660ti can cost like 240K from newegg (IVA y weas incluidas)

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Buying used is an option? I bought my 1060 6gb Zotac mini for $180.000 in October last year, used. I have an I7 4770, 8gb Ram DDR3 and that card and play most games at high 1080p/60 or better. Newer games can play 1080p/60 at medium or better too. That CPU is like at $100 lucas usada, so you can build something cheap if you want.

If you want 1440p though you need at least a 1060 6gb (1440p medium or mixed though, depends on the game. Or maybe at less than 60fps). Or the 1660Ti that recently launched that it's better, it performs better than the 1070, but it's pricer new (it's almost 300k and the better 2060 is at 330-350 so there's that too). The 1070 used is dropping below 300k too..

Ryzen 5 2600 is at 170 lucas more or less new. We should get the Ryzen 3000 series this year though, so you may want to wait a bit. RAM is still pricey here but in the US they should drop this year too.
Updating my previous answer, I believe that a 1660ti can cost like 240K from newegg (IVA y weas incluidas)
Thanks so much man for the detailed reply. I never thought about buying used but really why not? I think 200.000 would be my cap on a GPU. I am looking to have a build done for around July or so. So not against buying parts slowly. I may start with the case, power supply and ram and ssd and then look for a deal on CPU and GPU. I dont think ssd or ram will go down much in the next few months. I dont know when the ryzen 3000 is coming out but would hopefully drop the price of the 2600 by a little? I really wanted to get into 4k gaming so will look at some youtube videos on how to achieve that. May increase my budget to 650.000 depending on my tax return this year in canada. Gotta do those now :p

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Thanks so much man for the detailed reply. I never thought about buying used but really why not? I think 200.000 would be my cap on a GPU. I am looking to have a build done for around July or so. So not against buying parts slowly. I may start with the case, power supply and ram and ssd and then look for a deal on CPU and GPU. I dont think ssd or ram will go down much in the next few months. I dont know when the ryzen 3000 is coming out but would hopefully drop the price of the 2600 by a little? I really wanted to get into 4k gaming so will look at some youtube videos on how to achieve that. May increase my budget to 650.000 depending on my tax return this year in canada. Gotta do those now :p

Yeah you'd have to give a "bit" more for 4K. At least a 1070ti/2060 I'd say, dropping settings. If you want good details and 4K, at least a 2070 which by no means you should buy it here because it is close to 500 lucas

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Alguno de ustedes es de Conce/Talcahuano? Ni de los tornados nos salvamos ahora

Yo estoy desde las 8 de ayer sin luz en la casa (Santiago)....

"En una empresa eficiente, el cliente paga todo", ctm

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Por suerte no, donde vivo en La Florida no hemos tenido un corte de luz, pero hay sectores de la comuna que están bien complicados.
Mori de frio ayer con la lluvia eso si, además las calles estaban hechas un rio.

Ahora lo único que nos falta son los huracanes para tener de todos los desastres naturales que hay. No nos salvamos de nada.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hubo un tifón en conce? Que weá jajaja.

En la flower hay luz, y es raro porque la weá siempre se corta.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Uno mas de la Florida reportándose..

Si hay alguien del foro afectado por el tornado y si hay algo que podamos hacer de acá de Stgo, no duden en preguntar.