• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
As others have said it wasn't catching Wolf Warrior, so I really don't think that was the reason

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Is this a bad thing though? China enslaves millions of children for the American consumerism lifestyle. And don't even get me started with Uyghurs. I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but China is by far the biggest threat to our world right now. Oh, and they're also dumping lots of banned shit into our atmosphere, destroying the ozone layer. But let's worry about a price hike from goods we don't even need in the first place.
and trade wars arent based on something else or the answers to this

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
China enslaves millions of children for the American consumerism lifestyle.
The countries that will take China's place often even worse conditions for those children. This isn't a way for the US to improve human rights. It would be a nice argument otherwise, but this will just shift production to other, cheaper countries.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People are speculating that this is due to the trade war, while others think they are doing so to prevent an English film from breaking more records in China such as surpassing 'Wolf Warrior 2', the highest recording local movie of all time in China.
It was already dying out, it had no chance of surpassing WW2. At the rate it was dropping it would have only grossed a bit more it if had stayed in theaters longer. This isn't really a big deal. Infinity War got a 30-day extension and only managed to gross 10M more.

It will definitely be because they can't let an American movie hit #1 or #2 in their charts.

So pathetic.

Would have been literally impossible for Endgame to even get to #2.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Wandering Earth was such a shit movie. Not 100% related to the topic, but man was it bad. Don't get how it's the second highest grossing movie ever in China. I guess it's because the first (?) big sci-fi spectacle the country has produced, but... so bad.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
If I had a movie called Wolf Warrior at the top i'd make sure it stayed there forever as well!

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Welp, doesn't that pretty much kill the dream of this movie topping Avatar?

Pack it up.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's premature for either side to be celebrating at this point. It's going to be reeeeeeaaaaaally close.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Endgame can make like 8-10M$ more with extension in China. It's a small amount but very crucial to claim the top.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This is totally about them not wanting it to overtake the Wolf Warrior movie. China is majorly insecure.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's premature for either side to be celebrating at this point. It's going to be reeeeeeaaaaaally close.

4CUuW8B.gif

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Wandering Earth at #2. That's on Netflix, I've been watching it in bits this weekend. Totally bonkers stuff! The Sun is something something so they come up with the solution to build thousands of engines on one side of the planet, and build underground cities for about half the worlds population, then they send the Earth off to a nearby star. It gets really nuts around Jupiter. There are plentiful effects and they're for the most part up to Western blockbuster levels.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Wandering Earth at #2. That's on Netflix, I've been watching it in bits this weekend. Totally bonkers stuff! The Sun is something something so they come up with the solution to build thousands of engines on one side of the planet, and build underground cities for about half the worlds population, then they send the Earth off to a nearby star. It gets really nuts around Jupiter. There are plentiful effects and they're for the most part up to Western blockbuster levels.

We should take our planet and push it somewhere else!
hqdefault.jpg

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
China box office - Good for stat padding, but as long as overseas movie studios only take home 25% of the box office cut, it's importance is overrated.

Out of that huge total, EndGame 'only' ended making about $150 mill for Disney in that run in China.

Still, it does not cost them any marketing money to release in the country, so it's better than nothing of course.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

What the hell, I started watching it thinking it was gonna be a silly little kids movie, but then a monster cut their belly open and shoved an egg inside a dude, a Beetle dug inside a guy head and popped out the other side, then in a Looney Tunes style comedy, but in live action, two people started getting stabbed by scissors.

Genuinely surprised, will keep watching.