• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vinnykappa

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1100675654746402816

One of the lyrics writers is Yourong Li, a top composer at CPC Central Military Commission Political Department Song and Dance Troupe.

Original Chinese lyrics: https://i.imgur.com/dX1NaZR.jpg

Translation:
~verse I~
All around the world, which phone is the most pretty?
Everyone says it's Huawei!
Battery lasts long, design is great,
China Chip is the most valuable!

Huawei good, Huawei Beauty,
Huawei makes me smarter!
Teacher teaches me to love my country,
Homemade phones, love Huawei!

~verse II~
Global phones ranking,
innovation by Huawei!
Grandpa praise her good name,
Chinese men and women achieve greatness! (Note by op: Huawei, in Chinese, literally means: China (Hua) achieve (Wei))

Huawei good, Huawei Beauty,
Huawei brings glory to country!
We seek our dream in the New Era, (Note by op: "dream" and "New Era" are two direct references of major "thoughts" of Xi Jinping.)
We have great ambition in our youth!

Song mirror: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0tvr5ETVdE

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Can you imagine how fucking corny it'd be if the US government did the same with the iPhone? I definitely do not get China.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
giphy.gif

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of that time I sung a ballad about Samsung, although I did suffer an unrelated concussion earlier in the day from a random explosion.

Never did find my phone.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that's not subtle at all.

I didn't need another reason to never buy one of their devices but wow...

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good way to counter the critics who allege that Huawei is too closely connected to the government. /s

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you were still wondering if Huawei was an organ of the party, well, there it is.

And they're trying as hard as they could until know to deflect exactly this notion. The US is urging their global partners to not use Huawei 5G networks because they thought Huawei is to close to the chinese governemnt...

Now they're singing about their love for each other... Bizarre.

nekomix

Oct 30, 2017
I am impressed, there is no collusion between Huawei and its state government, not at all :)

Oct 25, 2017
In what way is China communist? They have private property, sell goods for profit, people have different classes of wealth, and the government cracks down on communist protesters. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/28/world/asia/chinese-university-crackdown-students.html
Assuming you are serious, the very first trivial answer is that it's literally ruled by the Communist Party of China. Some light reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm becoming increasingly certain that I'm a construct living inside a simulation created by the Onion as the ultimate vechicle for political satire. On the one hand I'm happy that there is another reality where everything is still sane and normal, on the other hand I want out of here.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I'm becoming increasingly certain that I'm a construct living inside a simulation created by the Onion as the ultimate vechicle for political satire. On the one hand I'm happy that there is another reality where everything is still sane and normal, on the other hand I want out of here.

I'm pretty sure most of us got stuck in the Bernstain Bears version of reality where we were before in the normal reality of Bernstein Bears.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
What about all the other Chinese phone companies like xiaomi and vivo?

And I wonder why they highlight when a kid is from Macau or Hong Kong; and it's shot on the HK-Macau bridge as well.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
What a great way to knock down the notion that Huawei is an agent of the Chinese government. /s

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Remember gang: China is a Communist country. Only communists would sing national songs about cellphones. This is very not a capitalist moment.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Ill be honest; I am hoping this is blown up anti-Chinese propaganda a la 'faux news' because if they are getting THAT bold we (the world) are going to have problems. It feels like the only thing keeping their march towards domination in check was the fact they wanted to be seen as a fair and free market friendly society, this could be a 'gloves off' moment

Oct 25, 2017

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Can you imagine how fucking corny it'd be if the US government did the same with the iPhone? I definitely do not get China.

The US military does this all the time, it's just not as blatant with it. Just look at almost every sport event, movie, FPS video game, and even food commercials. Like every 15 years American just gets really weird about food with other countries name in them. Does Freedom Fries and Freedom Pancakes ring a bell?

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
In what way is China communist? They have private property, sell goods for profit, people have different classes of wealth, and the government cracks down on communist protesters. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/28/world/asia/chinese-university-crackdown-students.html

The Communist Party controls the means of production (either directly or indirectly) and can command the economy to do things. They basically retained the structure and authority of a Leninist government, but paired it with a weird bastardized version of State Capitalism. People think of China as some Laissez-faire Capitalist utopia, but aspiring entrepreneurs can't own property (property is leased from the government), protect their IP, defend against the government or do anything that the government doesn't like. They don't care as much about regulations, but the Chinese Market is far less free than the United States.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm glad we got the communist apologia and capitalist crticism thread derail out of the way in the very first reply.

I fucking love stupid shit like this. If Huawei weren't a 21st century Trojan Horse, I'd so buy those shirts and sing along. Instead, I'll just have to settle for them being able to turn off my Alexa powered toilet in 2025.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Have you already reviewed the article I linked? It discusses the history and nature in depth, along with both stated and future goals along with opinions of some similarities with capitalism.

The US government was supposedly founded on all men being equal and yet this has not happened. Just because a country claims to follow an ideology doesn't mean it's true. It's pretty clear any desire the party had to actually help people was gone long before they took power.

Nov 9, 2017
A creepy state song about a government run tech company is somehow being used as an indictment against the US? I guess I don't follow the logic?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love how the communist country is doing the late capitalism shit

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What about all the other Chinese phone companies like xiaomi and vivo?

And I wonder why they highlight when a kid is from Macau or Hong Kong; and it's shot on the HK-Macau bridge as well.

The bridge is one of the new highlights of China and using a kid from HK suggests that HKers are happy with the current relationship that HK and China has. I supposed.

Oct 27, 2017
Have you already reviewed the article I linked? It discusses the history and nature in depth, along with both stated and future goals along with opinions of some similarities with capitalism.
Yeah, I just don't buy it. It just seems like any other single party, mixed market, state capitalist system only with communist trappings. Their communist revolution failed. And now a failed revolutionary founded a massive telecommunications company in bed with the state and produces creepy videos like this. :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoy my communist spy phone. The chinese government may know what I like to masturbate to but dang it's cheap.