• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I always like when people keep clan extermination promises they made when they were young but you forgot cos it took them atleast 200 years to even get to the necessary power lvl that could pull it off

Im looking at you every xianxia MC

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I've now read 350 chapters of Undefeated God of War. My previous opinion still holds. It takes a bit to get the ball rolling, but once it rolls it doesn't stop anymore.
It's fucking great.

The worst thing about it is the site it's hosted on. The amounts of 502 Bad Gateway is nearly infuriating to the point where it's probably easier to read it on archive.org.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
even i am almost getting tired of reincarnation and transmigration stuff
almost

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I actually have been very much engrossed in A Hero Born (Condor Heroes). About 2/3rd of the way through, and Guo Jing has just left Mongolia. While the part in Mongolia is the part I find kind of boring in the TV series, it's been an enjoyable daily read while commuting. Looking forward to Part 2 which is so far away. I really hope they really all 4 parts of book 1 even if we don't get the whole trilogy. My main gripe is still the naming conventions, but it doesn't feel like a big deal anymore (then again, I was fine with 'Trinket' as well).

----

Speaking of Trinket, it seems Deer & Cauldron just just got a reprint! It's been OOP for a long time now, so maybe this interests someone. I already own my copies :D
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deer-Cauldron-3-set/dp/0190836059/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527389426
51Kg-LySR2L.jpg

------

As another aside, The Eleventh Son (Gu Long) also has had a reprint a few months back. Has anyone read the official translation? How did you find it? I remember watching the TVB series which was ok (at best) but I don't remember much of it. I kind of wish there were more Gu long translations.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick update. Finished A Hero Born. Despite my misgivings about the translation (it's fine, not amazing) and the naming convention (which I got mostly used to), I really looked forward to reading more of it while commuting everyday. It's a very nicely paced enjoyable read, and there are some elements from the novel that I really enjoyed that the TV series weren't able to portray. Already looking forward to A Bond Undone which seems too far away. The story kind of ends on a cliffhanger, I'd be pretty antsy if I didn't already know the plot.

less

Oct 25, 2017
impressive how casually Reverend insanity does terribe things

Probably one of the most evil/amoral protagonists in xianxia without said character coming off as comical or a brat.

Been a while since I followed it but it really is fairly good from what I've read.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Probably one of the most evil/amoral protagonists in xianxia without said character coming off as comical or a brat.

Been a while since I followed it but it really is fairly good from what I've read.
Never been any comedy but it doesnt feel too dark. Loads of schemes is good. And none of the enemies are dumb. Except his bro. Dude took in all the novels dumbness lol

They are early now but never a dull moment. And unike other reincarnation novels the changes he causes with butterfly effect type things matter. And the knowledge he has isnt always accurate. Very interesting

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
RTW covers had been too godlike for it to be anime

But this looks great
The novel would make a decent anime

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
good lord theres so much i gotta catch up to
But then when you catch you are there everyday refreshing you cant easily go into buildup mode

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
And people say there is no comedy in Reverend Insanity
Just look at his brother

less

Oct 25, 2017
And people say there is no comedy in Reverend Insanity
Just look at his brother

I put the novel on hold for a bit (I'm around 130 or so) and while there is some comedy I do believe that most of were implying that it isn't a comedic novel. Certainly nothing on the level of A Will Eternal or even Against the Gods.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i'm looking for standard wuxia, none of this xianxia fantasy shit
preferably a new-ish series, released post 2010
already read all of jin yong's stuff a long ass time ago

edit: huh i'm actually the 1st post of this thread lmao

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I put the novel on hold for a bit (I'm around 130 or so) and while there is some comedy I do believe that most of were implying that it isn't a comedic novel. Certainly nothing on the level of A Will Eternal or even Against the Gods.
Insanity is a dark one
Even the light side comes from unknown reasons
But its one of the best onging right now you should catch up. Or reach 199 and take a break at a better moment

less

Oct 25, 2017

Have you read The Grandmaster Strategist?

Insanity is a dark one
Even the light side comes from unknown reasons
But its one of the best onging right now you should catch up. Or reach 199 and take a break at a better moment

I really should. I put it on hold because I was dipping into machine translations to read further ahead of the translation and it just wasn't cutting it in terms of readability for me. Given that it is up to chapter 360+ I probably will start reading it again soon.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand

Have you tried Zheng Feng's books?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Yu-hui

Her early wuxia books were alright. Tian Guan Shuang Xia (天觀雙俠) was good. She sidetracked into supernatural elements real quick. Some called her Female Jin Yong before it crashed down, haha.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone reading Seeking the Flying Sword Path?
I've read the first volume and so far I'm finding it very... mediocre.
Does it pick up? I enjoyed Coiling Dragon and Desolate Era.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Have you read The Grandmaster Strategist?

I really should. I put it on hold because I was dipping into machine translations to read further ahead of the translation and it just wasn't cutting it in terms of readability for me. Given that it is up to chapter 360+ I probably will start reading it again soon.
And the good thing about it is that the arcs are pretty self contained and you can take a break
Plus there are mini arcs all over the place. Im on a break right now i got on it
Anyone reading Seeking the Flying Sword Path?
I've read the first volume and so far I'm finding it very... mediocre.
Does it pick up? I enjoyed Coiling Dragon and Desolate Era.
IET novels are the way they are
Good or bad

But my friend who is way ahead of me swears by it. I stopped around volume 1 too

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
my friend never let me down
exept forcing fifa down my throat come see me in tekken punk!

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what happened to make True Martial World so much worse than Martial World.

It's still okay, but damn does the previous series make it look like a inferior sequel.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what happened to make True Martial World so much worse than Martial World.

It's still okay, but damn does the previous series make it look like a inferior sequel.
True Martial World was a really fun read up until the end of the Divine City Arc, imo. You could literally see the shift in writing when Yi Yun went to the Lin family and there was that whole conflict with that annoying Shentuan(?) bastard.

less

Oct 25, 2017
never heard of it, but admittedly i don't follow webnovels
this seems more wartime political drama rather than wuxia though?

Oh crap. I always get this and Nirvana in Fire mixed up. But The Grandmaster Strategist is worth a read too!

And the good thing about it is that the arcs are pretty self contained and you can take a break
Plus there are mini arcs all over the place. Im on a break right now i got on it

Yeah. Always nice where there are clear segments where you can put something on hold for a bit.

True Martial World was a really fun read up until the end of the Divine City Arc, imo. You could literally see the shift in writing when Yi Yun went to the Lin family and there was that whole conflict with that annoying Shentuan(?) bastard.

I could only make it as far as him learning alchemy in the Yang world(?). Too repetitive and bland for my tastes.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap. I always get this and Nirvana in Fire mixed up. But The Grandmaster Strategist is worth a read too!

Yeah. Always nice where there are clear segments where you can put something on hold for a bit.

I could only make it as far as him learning alchemy in the Yang world(?). Too repetitive and bland for my tastes.
Its good i never have to worry about it. Renegade Immortal i was on like breaks that were hundreds of chaps long before its hard to drop off before a wrap or he starts something else before finishing one.

People shouldnt take TMW as something beyond a DBZ repetitive shounen thing that goes on forever
Once i did that things got smooth
The cultivation is so weird i dont even try to keep up beyond the destruction stuff.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't True Martial World becoming a tv show or is that something else?

TMW being made into a tv show? Smh. Why not something like ISSTH?

People shouldnt take TMW as something beyond a DBZ repetitive shounen thing that goes on forever
Once i did that things got smooth
The cultivation is so weird i dont even try to keep up beyond the destruction stuff.

Cultivation systems like ISSTH are my favorite. Relatively simple but with a nice twist on some things that make it enjoyable.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
TMW being made into a tv show? Smh. Why not something like ISSTH?

Cultivation systems like ISSTH are my favorite. Relatively simple but with a nice twist on some things that make it enjoyable.
i dont care what cultivation system you got as long as it start with body then qi,foundation,core and then nascent soul ill be happy. They are simple and can actually have different things going on with how they done
Later on when you get to the top tier stuff then you can start throwing daos and primordial chaos stuff and shit. It isnt like cultivations matter to the MCs in these things since one of their trademarks is the fact they can jump tiers

less

Oct 25, 2017
It isnt like cultivations matter to the MCs in these things since one of their trademarks is the fact they can jump tiers

Yeah. I honestly don't like this jump tiers/levels stuff to fight people above your level. It's a lame way, more often than not, to show the "genius" of the MC. There are other ways to do this without making the difference in levels be overcome with bullshit hax. I can understand a MC being able to just barely barely survive clashing with someone above his/her level but to fight on an even ground? No thanks.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I honestly don't like this jump tiers/levels stuff to fight people above your level. It's a lame way, more often than not, to show the "genius" of the MC. There are other ways to do this without making the difference in levels be overcome with bullshit hax. I can understand a MC being able to just barely barely survive clashing with someone above his/her level but to fight on an even ground? No thanks.
Jump over to fight tiers works when the difference is just how much amount of nergy they have . But when its a whole different system(like laws or domains) then im not a fan.

Energy the MC can just have alot more extra because of their special unique cultivation technique or some cheat items
Dont forget how much time these guys spend running away during the start. Immortal Mortal and ISSTH have been on the run since like forever. Less so with ISSTH at the end

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone, after a rather long year or so, I am absolutely delighted to announce that Book 1 of Coiling Dragon is finally live on Amazon's Kindle store! We have edited (and will continue to revise and beautify) the entire Coiling Dragon Saga and have taken it live on Amazon as an eight book saga. The second through eighth books are in preorder for now, but should also be coming out in the next few days as we finalize and jump through the last hoops Amazon has created for us.

This is Wuxiaworld's first series, first completed series, and first completed series on Kindle. If you enjoyed it in the past, I hope for your support now as well! Amazon's KUP program requires that any new novels be exclusive to Amazon for a few months, so we've taken it down Wuxiaworld for now, but rest assured we will eventually come up with ways to bring it back up here as well for periods of time!

The eight books are: Coiling Dragon, Dragonblood, Baruch Rising, Gods of Yulan, the Infernal Plane, the Four Divine Beasts, the Planar Wars, and Lord of the Mists. IT'S LIVE!

This was the first major Chinese web novel to be translated into English, before I Shall Seal the Heavens became front and center. It's now available on Amazon! Just posting the update here, since they posted it on their site.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I might just buy this one simply because of my fond memories of the book and a desire to support Wuxiaworld.

less

Oct 25, 2017

china dont care
altho a movie

Movies are okay. Only a few hours. Something like ST as a show would be a pretty high amount of hours. Budget will soar because of that to the point where it should not be viable.

Actually, I'm not sure of the costs in China for cgi work. Hmm.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Movies are okay. Only a few hours. Something like ST as a show would be a pretty high amount of hours. Budget will soar because of that to the point where it should not be viable.

Actually, I'm not sure of the costs in China for cgi work. Hmm.
I thought it was a game too lol but the thread on the novel site seems to indicate show
I'll lean on show for now