• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL
So far I've completed Battle Through the Heavens, Magus of the Warlock World or some shit like that.

Currently reading and caught up on The Wizard World, True Martial World, Tales of Demons and God's and The Legendary Moonlight Scultpor.

I stopped reading World Customize Creator because the translation got really bad.

Almost started reading Overlord but stopped myself when the manga got boring.

Might look for some other shit to read in this webnovel novel. Life feels empty now that I'm caught up lol.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
So far I've completed Battle Through the Heavens, Magus of the Warlock World or some shit like that.

Currently reading and caught up on The Wizard World, True Martial World, Tales of Demons and God's and The Legendary Moonlight Scultpor.

I stopped reading World Customize Creator because the translation got really bad.

Almost started reading Overlord but stopped myself when the manga got boring.

Might look for some other shit to read in this webnovel novel. Life feels empty now that I'm caught up lol.
BTTH and Tales the first ones I ever dropped. Tales I enjoyed but it completely shit the bed later because of author crap . BTTH is actually the very rare ones who has a manga that isn't complete doodoo.

Peep Age of adepts since you already read the other 2 reincarnated into a magic world with A.I chip novels. It's in the middle of those 2 in quality where Wizard is the worst.

I gotta catch up to both Martial worlds myself

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL
BTTH and Tales the first ones I ever dropped. Tales I enjoyed but it completely shit the bed later because of author crap . BTTH is actually the very rare ones who has a manga that isn't complete doodoo.

Peep Age of adepts since you already read the other 2 reincarnated into a magic world with A.I chip novels. It's in the middle of those 2 in quality where Wizard is the worst.

I gotta catch up to both Martial worlds myself
I'll check out Age of Adepts thanks. Wizard World doesn't use the AI chip as well as Magus.

Is Martial World a prequel of True Martial World?

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Ascheroth

Ascheroth

I'll check out Age of Adepts thanks. Wizard World doesn't use the AI chip as well as Magus.

Is Martial World a prequel of True Martial World?
WW uses it but not in a way where they say he is using it
The other 2 are active with it

MW happens before. TMW is a sort of sequel

Yes. I found it better than TMW overall though TMW has better high points.
It's harder to keep up with TMW aswell since there's so much on the plate

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL
One thing I dislike about True Martial World is that certain characters completely disappear or have no resolution to their arcs. It mainly happens to the female side characters that follow Yi Yun around starting this summer and up. It's like he can't keep up with his own continuity. And he forgets about his own powered and weapons. No mention of Draco True Gold Avatar and Black Demon Puppet, Evil Energy or the law of Withering in months lol smh.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Too much going on
Also all females besides his main girl don't matter
MW left his bitches in the lower realm and they still got more clout than this guys main

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. So it's the same writer? I won't read MW then. I need better character development than that.
Big authors go like this

Cocooned Cow (MW, TMW)
Nothing matters just enjoy the ride

I Eat Tomatoes( STellar Transformations, Coiling Dragon, Desolate Era, Lord xue ying)
Good neutral MC with just training on his mind so he can impress some girl or something.
No development required all they need is to see the girl once and theyll stay virgins waiting for literally millions of years

Er gen ( ISSTH, Renegade Immortal, A will eternal)
Neutral MC that is chased too much for his treasures and is forced to murder everyone but we still forgive him cos reasons
Also love interest with no development that not even death will stop them. AWE is special tho

Wang Yu ( Demon's diary, Portal to wonderland, record of a mortal's journey)
Calm and secretive MC that will never reveal their cards unless forced or are in a position where they are too OP
Love interests. What's love? Maybe every other 200 chaps there will be something

Fengling Tianxia ( otherworldly evil monarch, Transcending the heavens, Realsm in the Firmament)
MC was a super genius but was surrounded and killed so he reincarnates with a cheat trope and now he realises he actaully needs companions in his second life and shouldn't be a loner- the novels
But wait

Forget all that let's get into some serious politics and have a fatherly figure that warms your heart for like 300 chaps before we remeber what the fuck the plot was.
It's actually good.

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Fengling Tianxia ( otherworldly evil monarch, Transcending the heavens, Realsm in the Firmament)
MC was a super genius but was surrounded and killed so he reincarnates with a cheat trope and now he realises he actaully needs companions in his second life and shouldn't be a loner- the novels
But wa
now this sounds more mature and intelligent. Thank you! I will check them out. Which one is the best? Which one is completed?

less

Oct 25, 2017
now this sounds more mature and intelligent. Thank you! I will check them out. Which one is the best? Which one is completed?

Monarch gets crazy with racism later on.

The other can become uncomfortable as hell with the MC thinking about his wife from the future who currently is a young child...

Basically read Er Gen's stuff and don't look back.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Monarch gets crazy with racism later on.

The other can become uncomfortable as hell with the MC thinking about his wife from the future who currently is a young child...

Basically read Er Gen's stuff and don't look back.
lol i forgot about the future love in Against the gods too
Seems like i didnt get far enough for monarch for the racism to kick in bless

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. So it's the same writer? I won't read MW then. I need better character development than that.
Somehow Martial World is leagues better than True Martial World despite being written before it. It's not exactly high literature but an entertaining and consistent romp (but no, you're not really getting much character development).

Er Gen stuff is generally great and I'd also suggest looking into Way of Choices (or Ze Tian Ji), which is probably the best Chinese cultivation web novel I've read. It's a slow one but has great side characters and character development in spades. The prose is really good too.
Release That Witch is also a very good one.

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
So, interestingly, Qidian International now actually has 'original stories' written by English speakers.

The best one of these, from what I can see is Consuming Earths and Devouring Skies, along with Legend of the Perfect Emperor (which I was enjoying, but Bai Siwa removed it from the website and now made it Patreon-exclusive.)

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
which ones ?
Might check em out
I think some of them are actually movies or just martial art movies, but here are the ones I found so far.
Netflix:
Ice Fanasty
Legend of the Naga Pearls
The Monkey King 1 & 2
I double checked for the Amazon stuff, but it's only available if you have a subscription to dramafever.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt Fantasy S2 starts next week!
They released the opening early:

Can't wait for the second coming of japanese written taiwanese wuxia puppets.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Interested in the first season but forgot to watch. Will do in time for this

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like tactics and smart stuff
I like mountains being destroyed with sky fingers

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
People sure can write countless mountains and planets being destroyed but won't throw in the budget to make DBZ type live-action shows

less

Oct 25, 2017
Reading Library of Heaven's Path right now...I find myself continuing to read it despite how repetitive it is and how absurd the MC's cheat is. Pure junk food that sustains me until Er Gen's new novel starts being translated.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did Qidian stop unlocking a free chapter a day?
I just checked Release that Witch and Seeking the Flying Sword Path and while both still get daily (locked) updates, no new free chapter became available since August 16th according to NovelUpdates.

Edit: Yeah, they actually did completely stop free chapters. Welp.
Good thing I was wary and didn't really start reading much on webnovel because this is exactly what I feared could happen. Only RTW really stings.
I'll keep sticking to wuxiaworld, I guess.

Last edited:

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did Qidian stop unlocking a free chapter a day?
I just checked Release that Witch and Seeking the Flying Sword Path and while both still get daily (locked) updates, no new free chapter became available since August 16th according to NovelUpdates.

Edit: Yeah, they actually did completely stop free chapters. Welp.
Good thing I was wary and didn't really start reading much on webnovel because this is exactly what I feared could happen. Only RTW really stings.
I'll keep sticking to wuxiaworld, I guess.

They did
But we shouldn't be surprised this was coming from the likes of QI

All the novels I've been reading on the being on latest got hit with it. Even one that got completed. So I took a break until there s more than enough chaps unlocked whenever in the future . Strong arming works on folks but not everyone. Eat a sick QI there's plenty of shit out there to keep folks busy

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
I really like what's going on in Martial World's translated bit right now. It reminds me a lot of a more classic wuxia premise. This 'part' of a story like this always gets me.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Getting distracted by games isn't ideal
But will catch up soon
All hundreds upon hundreds of chaps i'm behind on stuff -_-