• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
This is good, and deserves your attention. A solid 7 or 8 out of 10.

It surprised the hell out of me. Well done to everyone involved.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I created a review thread for the film that you can see here, be warned, since the reviews talked about spoilers, that thread has spoilers as well.

www.resetera.com

Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (2022) Review Thread (WARNING Spoilers: RT 82%, MC: 68)

Rotten Tomatoes: 80% (93 reviews) Metacritic: 66 (23 reviews) I'll lead by saying that a lot of reviews talk about spoilers in this, so if you want to go in blind as possible, I advise leaving now. Spoiler Policy for this thread will allow free discussion of the film, no spoiler tags are...

It's reviewed well, hoping to check this out after work today.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
That cameo is nightmare fuel, can't wait to see this today
Also, the world needs another roger rabbit

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Some close ups of Dale are weirdly out of focus. Which is strange, because he is 100% cg.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thought the movie was surprisingly alright, and in some ways punched above its own weight. I only really had two hangups with the film, one being the plot is fairly rudimentary (I expected more of a Who Framed Roger Rabbit but it's quite a ways more simple than that and leans more spy action over mystery), and the other being that I thought the script could get a little bit hokey, like how you can tell when some scenes are just a little bit overwritten, overacted, and undercut by trying to be clever. But it's worth the watch for all the sight gags and I enjoy how they handle the dynamics of the main character. Overall, I had a good time and I think the people who have nostalgia for the series will get a good kick out of it. The Disney+ release benefits the film in how fast and loose they can play with the concept, as well as how it rewards intermittent pausing for cameo searching.

And yes, I do in fact want a Darkwing Duck reboot.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
the 2D animation was all over the place in this.

Still much better than I expected.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to let this one slip through the cracks. Definitely checking it out this weekend. Disney Afternoon lineup was a staple of my childhood.

DAgangFull.jpg

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they inserted
Tigra from Avengers: United They Stand

What a fucking pull.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
So, they were really so terrified of horny gadget fans that they tossed her into a cameo role that got less time than Ugly Sonic, right?

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I got spoiled by one of the cameos. Avoid even checking screenshots if you want to be surprised.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With everything that made it in I really wanna know what ideas they weren't allowed to do.

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
This movie was fucking awesome. If you were a Disney Afternoon fan, this is a love letter.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this, I had low expectations I admit but it definitely exceeded them by quite a lot, really fun time and a lot of deep pull cameos that I appreciated. All very creative and put together with a lot of love.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Oh god the "bootleg" joke.... that was quite funny yet incredibly dark for Disney

Oct 27, 2017
I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Somehow the "look at all our property"-ness didn't really feel as bad as I thought?

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Finished watching it a little about ago. It was as good as expected. I loved all the sight gags.

Gadget and Zipper getting together and getting it on to have 40+ kids is just a really out there kind of "wow, they went there, huh" moment

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Ummm is Dale working as a stripper?

🙃

Gotta make money back on that CGI surgery, while being able to flaunt it.

With everything that made it in I really wanna know what ideas they weren't allowed to do.

I have a hunch that they had to have at least asked the Henson estate/Muppet studios if they could use the Swedish Chef for the cheese scene, given how obvious the inspiration for him was, but were told no.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This was absolutely hilarious.

Packed full of cameos - I could watch this a bunch more times and spot something new each time.

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
The trailers did nothing for me, but the movie itself is something else and found it hilarious throughout. Seemed like a mess of a concept for a movie, but somehow it all worked out. Some of the cameos just makes you wonder how the heck this thing got made lol