• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol magical hypothetical philosophers

Please explain to me how in the high seven seas you can get food from Chipotle without paying when it's behind the counter.

Please ponder this for me lmao
I would imagine getting to the register with your food and the customer says "oh, I forgot my wallet", and they might let you take it anyway. This is actually the policy of a lot of food places. They don't make a scene and deny someone food. I remember seeing a new story about this a while back.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tribune already posted an article on this bruh. Internal investigation already happened, there were previous groups of young men who had essentially dine and dashed a couple days ago, and had been prior to that. She thought it was them, and she was obviously wrong.

I never said it was right.

All black people look alike at chipotle /s

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As if Chipotle doesn't have enough to worry about you really want to add not serving black people to that list?

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine getting to the register with your food and the customer says "oh, I forgot my wallet", and they might let you take it anyway. This is actually the policy of a lot of food places. They don't make a scene and deny someone food. I remember seeing a new story about this a while back.

And if they let them do that previously, then that's on them. Also your hypothetical is getting really in depth here....

EDIT: Honestly what you said doesn't even make sense. So they're kind enough to let someone get free food previously, but then the next time they see them they tell them to fuck off??? Also the news story already points out that this wasn't the case..

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I literally never heard of this. I kinda wanna try it out tho.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Hold on give me a minute I gotta come up with as many theoretical excuses as possible that this isn't a racism it's rlly important to me

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like you're happy enough to give hypotheticals as it is.
Looks like you are and others are happy to jump to conclusions with little information to go on. I'm stating if she was correct about them coming in before and not paying, they weren't entirely wrong for refusing to serve them based on that past behavior. I'm also stating if she was incorrect about that, she was justifiably fired. Either way it wouldn't matter for her. Corporate was going to shitcan her based on the optics alone. You are correct the thing she should have done was to make the food and eat the cost. All I'm saying is IF she is correct, its not wrong to refuse service to someone based on a history of not paying. Neither of us have the information to determine whether or not she was correct. All corporate has said on the matter is that she believed these particular customers were repeat offenders. They said regardless of the fact, she acted inappropriately according to their policy. Nothing about whether she was correct about that being the same person or group or not. That doesn't make her racist...IF that's true. I'm not going to shit down someone's neck unless I know the facts.

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
I prefer to pay after they've taken my order.
Americans are weird with this; the product has to be on the table before the holy wallet comes out.

Note: I'm not excusing this situation.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
never been to chipotle but don't you pay after you order and then wait for the food? its always been like that at whatever fast food restaurant i go to. only time i don't pay right away is when i'm at a drive thru with a ton of cars in front of me.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
never been to chipotle but don't you pay after you order and then wait for the food? its always been like that at whatever fast food restaurant i go to. only time i don't pay right away is when i'm at a drive thru with a ton of cars in front of me.

They make the food in front of you, put it in a container and then a bag, slide it next to the register (on their side) and you pay for it.

Aka cafeteria style service.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They make it as you order it, sorta like an assembly line for burrito. In this case, they weren't even going to start making it unless provided they money upfront.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
It's like a cafeteria with the food already out and walking along telling them what you want before paying

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So calling the cops would have been better? If they had posted a video of a Chipotle manager calling the cops on them "for no reason" I don't see how this would have turned out any better.

That isn't remotely what I said. What I'm saying is that even if there is a hypothetical situation where a person or persons constantly coming in and ordering food and not paying, as some kind of shitty prank or because they are nuts or whatever, and you know for certain it's this same person or persons because they've done it multiple times and you've seen them do it, the way to handle that is still not to break from corporate/company policy and make them pay first. What I'm saying is that this manager handled this situation poorly from every conceivable angle.

Ive had this happen to me at a Starbucks drive thru a few years back. The mag stripe on my card wasn't working, I had no other cards or cash on me and this was before Apple Pay/mobile was a thing (at least for me) and they just let me take the drink. But it was one drink, and it was a Starbucks near work that I frequented, so that might have played a role. I doubt it's something they want to get in the habit of doing regularly or letting people abuse.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

A lot of restaurants like that are the same way. Go down the line and say what you want, then pay at the very end before they slide the food. This manager did it all backwards.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I think OP could have described what kind of restaurant Chipotle is in order to avoid a bunch of confusion.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
First off there is more to this story than we know.

The girl clearly has seen these kids before and knows something we do not.

Just because they started to film and uploaded this shit doesn't mean anything, Only reason chipotle came out was because last thing they need is more bad press and people online run with this bullshit.

Chipotle is garbage food
This is garbage reasoning. She has seen them before and knows something? Based on what evidence?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you are and others are happy to jump to conclusions with little information to go on. I'm stating if she was correct about them coming in before and not paying, they weren't entirely wrong for refusing to serve them based on that past behavior. I'm also stating if she was incorrect about that, she was justifiably fired. Either way it wouldn't matter for her. Corporate was going to shitcan her based on the optics alone. You are correct the thing she should have done was to make the food and eat the cost. All I'm saying is IF she is correct, its not wrong to refuse service to someone based on a history of not paying. Neither of us have the information to determine whether or not she was correct. All corporate has said on the matter is that she believed these particular customers were repeat offenders. They said regardless of the fact, she acted inappropriately according to their policy. Nothing about whether she was correct about that being the same person or group or not. That doesn't make her racist...IF that's true. I'm not going to shit down someone's neck unless I know the facts.

Doesn't say whether or not those are same people.
I'm drunk way too early in the day but even I know the OP outlined everything you're "concerned" about.

Good job asking questions already answered though.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
They didn't act white enough. Gotta put on the Queens English if you wanna get served with dignity sometimes.

Can't go out in public just relaxed enjoying being young and spending some time with the fellas.

And sadly this will be the one example out of the thousands that bigots will use to justify making bigoted assumptions and judgements against minorities.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you are and others are happy to jump to conclusions with little information to go on.

The fucking irony of this post.....

I'm stating if she was correct about them coming in before and not paying, they weren't entirely wrong for refusing to serve them based on that past behavior.

Even if your trash ass hypothetical was right. She'd still be in the wrong Chipotle themselves have stated this was the incorrect action for her to take. SHe's not the CEO and even if they did steal it's not like it's her food in the first place.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That isn't remotely what I said. What I'm saying is that even if there is a hypothetical situation where a person or persons constantly coming in and ordering food and not paying, as some kind of shitty prank or because they are nuts or whatever, and you know for certain it's this same person or persons because they've done it multiple times and you've seen them do it, the way to handle that is still not to break from corporate/company policy and make them pay first. What I'm saying is that this manager handled this situation poorly from every conceivable angle.
I just don't see how this could have turned out better, unless somehow she had security footage proving they've come in and done this before. If she'd called the cops and the guys denied ever getting food without paying, and posted it to social media I think it's quite likely this story has the exact same outcome.

And if they let them do that previously, then that's on them. Also your hypothetical is getting really in depth here....

EDIT: Honestly what you said doesn't even make sense. So they're kind enough to let someone get free food previously, but then the next time they see them they tell them to fuck off??? Also the news story already points out that this wasn't the case..
The news story only has a quote from Chipotle saying she thought they'd done this before, and they didn't like how she handled it. They offered no opinion on whether she was correct on that point.

You haven't heard of it for a good reason.
I go to Chipotle a lot, and I've literally been behind a person who said they forgot their wallet at the register, and they just told them to take the food and not worry about it.

pepe_silvia

Oct 27, 2017
I'll help you out, dw.

If you actually read my next post it would have confirmed... it never seemed like that because her claim was obviously false from the moment she dropped it via their reactions.
Your next post claimed it was "obvious". I think it's more "obvious" that you didn't see her say that. You were called out on it by me and another poster. And then you had to cover yourself to make it seem like you actually watched the video before posting an outraged comment by stating that it was so obvious that you didn't believe it. When in fact I'm willing to bet you never saw it before posting.

Oct 25, 2017
If they did steal food previously, do you really think they would come back, make a huge scene, record it, and have the police involved and tapes reviewed, just for a $10 burrito?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Your next post claimed it was "obvious". I think it's more "obvious" that you didn't see her say that. You were called out on it by me and another poster. And then you had to cover yourself to make it seem like you actually watched the video before posting an outraged comment by stating that it was so obvious that you didn't believe it. When in fact I'm willing to bet you never saw it before posting.

Nope.

Thing is, most people ITT know the claim was 100% bullshit the moment she dropped it. That you needed it explaining to you is just icing on the cake, really.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I go to Chipotle a lot, and I've literally been behind a person who said they forgot their wallet at the register, and they just told them to take the food and not worry about it.

I mean that's cool you saw that. But saying it's a policy in a lot of places...is this actually a thing?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Characterizing concerns surrounding racism as outrage
The fucking irony of this post.....

Even if your trash ass hypothetical was right. She'd still be in the wrong Chipotle themselves have stated this was the incorrect action for her to take. SHe's not the CEO and even if they did steal it's not like it's her food in the first place.
Outraged just to be outraged. Pathetic, honestly. Absolutely no information to go on whether she was correct about them or not and you just scream "Racism". Whether or not she broke company policy is irrelevant. That doesn't make it immoral and certainly not racist. The version of events you choose to believe are everybit a "hypothetical" as mine because you have absolutely not proof to the contrary. Not even Chipotle corpoate denies what she said. That's a fact.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see how this could have turned out better, unless somehow she had security footage proving they've come in and done this before. If she'd called the cops and the guys denied ever getting food without paying, and posted it to social media I think it's quite likely this story has the exact same outcome.

Again, you are missing the point. I am not speaking specifically about this situation. I'm saying there is never a situation where changing policy and making the customer pay first, if that's not what every other customer has to do, is the right call. Whether you mistakenly think these are the same group of guys that dined and dashed last week, or whether you know for a fact and have them on tape doing it. All that does is open you up to claims of discrimination, because that's exactly what it is. Which is why Chipotle fired this idiot. You don't play sheriff and take it upon yourself to break company protocol, regardless of the situation.