• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If its true, who cares either way how they handle it? Serve them or not? If they aren't planning on paying, its not a matter of race, its a matter of being a prick and making a low wage worker have to put up with your bullshit because can't be bothered to pay for a chipotle burrito. Of course, if its not true, then that completely changes everything.

so first off I was using that as a worst case hypothetical to show that even if there was a reasonable suspicion that they wouldn't pay denying them first and making them prove they have money is the wrong way to go about it. just do your fucking job and make the food and if they refuse to pay when they get to the register then they don't get their food. simple.

however it's actually clear from the videos that that wasn't true because the guy said he saw them come in twice without paying and then literal seconds later said he hadn't seen them before.

either way just make the fucking food. that's how chipotle works, you make the food when people order and then you walk down the line and pay when it's done. you don't alter the way a business works because you're a fucking racist shit head. if they were really repeat offenders they'd probably be banned period not let in and made to prove they have funds.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're commenting a lot on hypotheticals when the details exist for somebody who keeps saying they don't know details.
The one article posted in this thread mentions the manager got fired for not serving the customer, but never disputes whether she was correct about whether or not the customers had previously not paid. If you have something that says otherwise, I'd be happy to read it.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I cannot comprehend why these white people are still doing shit like this when they clearly know they're being filmed. Like once the phone gets whipped out and you're being recorded, they realized you're fucked if they keep doubling-down, don't they? How have they not seen the dozens of other incidents where it inevitably goes viral, makes NATIONAL news, and the racist gets fired

Do they think they're immune? Or maybe they're just extremely proud racists?

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Is this alternative universe? I thought we always pay before getting food.

Edit

Well, I thought Chipotle was just another Taco Bell. I guess it is considered a higher-status restaurant. I will still not ever eat there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr. X

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
That's what it looks like.

I am a black man, and I'm gonna say this is one of those rare instances where I think I might have to look into it more. Only because she doesn't seem like the stereotypical racist right off the bat.

And because something about his caption looks like bait to me. Idk, this one just seems off.
I saw this in the tribune article linked above

"Regarding what happened at the St. Paul restaurant, the manager thought these gentlemen were the same customers from Tuesday night who weren't able to pay for their meal. Regardless, this is not how we treat our customers and as a result, the manager has been terminated and the restaurant
Official Staff Communication
has been retrained to ensure something like this doesn't happen again," the statement said
Official Staff Communication

Seems like Chipotle determined she was wrong about them being the same customers. Also, highly doubt that's how Chipotle handles that situation to begin with.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
People be ready to die for a company that will fire them because it is a tuesday

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If that is really the case, and these people really did buy food once and leave the food without paying, you still don't change your entire company/restaurant policy for this one instance. That's just bone headed. Honestly, if I'm that manager and I think this group of men has done this before, I still serve them. If it happens, you eat that shit and call it a day. If it becomes habitual (more than once, and you are certain) you call the cops and try and have them trespassed or something, or formally refuse them service. You don't take it upon yourself to change your entire corporate policy just for this one group of african american young men, while allowing other white customers to follow the standard procedure (all while being recorded doing this, mind you). You have to be a moron totally incapable of your job and position to not be able to process how terrible the optics of that are.
You call the cops on them or claim trespassing, then they have another issue altogether.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot comprehend why these white people are still doing shit like this when they clearly know they're being filmed. Like once the phone gets whipped out and you're being recorded, they realized you're fucked if they keep doubling-down, don't they? How have they not seen the dozens of other incidents where it inevitably goes viral, makes NATIONAL news, and the racist gets fired

Do they think they're immune? Or maybe they're just extremely proud racists?

the woman doesn't appear to be white and the man might nor be as well

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
You call the cops on them or claim trespassing, then they have another issue altogether.

I'm saying do that if it's the same group (and you know it's the same group, like not just on an "all black dudes look alike" shit) doing it repeatedly. You have that documented. But off of a hunch, and one prior time you think they may or may not have ordered food but not paid? Nah.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Damn they even did the patented "SirI am going to need you to calm down"

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I once ordered something from Chipotle that an employee accidentally stuck her (gloved) finger in it, just barely. I didn't even notice it until she said it. On her insisting, she threw it out and made another one.

So I look at this and I'm just confused why the apparently common policy of throwing out some food is more important to them than some human dignity.

I've had similar shit pulled on me at other restaurants and I've avoided them ever since.

Also Chipotle has too much fucking sodium, stop going there.

Oct 31, 2017
First off there is more to this story than we know.

The girl clearly has seen these kids before and knows something we do not.

Just because they started to film and uploaded this shit doesn't mean anything, Only reason chipotle came out was because last thing they need is more bad press and people online run with this bullshit.

Chipotle is garbage food

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017

Just because they started to film and uploaded this shit doesn't mean anything, Only reason chipotle came out was because last thing they need is more bad press and people online run with this bullshit.

You dont get your food until they pay tho...

Unless you literally snatch it from the employees hands...

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

The investigation revealed that it wasn't them.

I know we all look alike to white folks, but next time she should retrieve images from the surveillance system before changing up the policy on a few customers like that.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Chipotle is garbage food
Nah the girl could clearly be an idiot who can't tell black people apart so she assumed they were the ones she previously had a negative experience with. Shouldn't have been to hard to treat every customer equally.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck everyone on that staff for not standing up to that pos manager.

I'd have to go with this. It all did seem sketch at first like she's really seen these men before

At what point did it seem like she;d seen them before?

It never seemed like that.

Chipotle is garbage food

Lmfao, you can't really believe this... just wow.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Denying service to black people. That's some textbook racism right there. All we needed were cops to roll in and beat the shit out of the black guys and drag them out, and we'd be right back in Jim Crow land.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

Chipotle is garbage food
Except Chipotle reviewed the tape and said they are not he same people

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Is this alternative universe? I thought we always pay before getting food.

Edit

Well, I thought Chipotle was just another Taco Bell. I guess it is considered a higher-status restaurant. I will still not ever eat there.
In this alternative universe, do you actually read threads before posting in them?

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Racial profiling and asking for someone to pay before ordering at a Chipotle, huh.

The investigation revealed that it wasn't them.

I know we all look alike to white folks, but next time she should retrieve images from the surveillance system before changing up the policy on a few customers like that.
I don't see a white person in the video.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Chipotle is garbage food

JrBaconCheeseburger is a garbage poster

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That staff is trash. A blind man could see what was happening. Damn shame they're complicit like that. They like working for chipotle that much they willing to let shit slide

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If that is really the case, and these people really did buy food once and leave the food without paying, you still don't change your entire company/restaurant policy for this one instance. That's just bone headed. Honestly, if I'm that manager and I think this group of men has done this before, I still serve them. If it happens, you eat that shit and call it a day. If it becomes habitual (more than once, and you are certain) you call the cops and try and have them trespassed or something, or formally refuse them service. You don't take it upon yourself to change your entire corporate policy just for this one group of african american young men, while allowing other white customers to follow the standard procedure (all while being recorded doing this, mind you). You have to be a moron totally incapable of your job and position to not be able to process how terrible the optics of that are.
So calling the cops would have been better? If they had posted a video of a Chipotle manager calling the cops on them "for no reason" I don't see how this would have turned out any better.

And it was obvious from their reactions that her claim was absolute bullshit.
Not one of them said "what are you talking about". The guy with the camera just repeated her words back to her.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Lol magical hypothetical philosophers

Please explain to me how in the high seven seas you can get food from Chipotle without paying when it's behind the counter.

Please ponder this for me lmao

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
And it was obvious from their reactions that her claim was absolute bullshit.
Tribune already posted an article on this bruh. Internal investigation already happened, there were previous groups of young men who had essentially dine and dashed a couple days ago, and had been prior to that. She thought it was them, and she was obviously wrong.

I never said it was right.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Lol magical hypothetical philosophers

Please explain to me how in the high seven seas you can get food from Chipotle without paying when it's behind the counter.

Please ponder this for me lmao
You'd have to grab it when they have it sitting next to the register, which would be theft anyway.

Oct 28, 2017
The one article posted in this thread mentions the manager got fired for not serving the customer, but never disputes whether she was correct about whether or not the customers had previously not paid. If you have something that says otherwise, I'd be happy to read it.
Looks like you're happy enough to give hypotheticals as it is.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
I guess going anywhere and doing anything while black will be like going to the DMV or getting a security clearance. Gonna need your ID, Social Security card, Birth Certificate, Pay Stub, Utility Bill, pass a polygraph test, talk to neighbors and family members, character references, etc...

Edit: And this doesn't even make any sense really. You don't actually get the food until you pay. They make it but you gotta pay first before they actually hand it to you.

Edit 2: NVM, I see about the dine and dashing, doesn't excuse this shit though.

less

Oct 25, 2017
The employees and manager are fucking trash, how the heck did only the manager get fired? Wtf

The manager is supposed to be training the people and overseeing them. It is the manager's responsibility to make sure that the employees know how to treat people well and as such the biggest blame lies on the manager. Also, it is more "convenient" to just get rid of the manager than to fire all the other employees involved as well. This potentially avoids a staffing issue where there is a shortage of employees for x amount of time until they can be replaced.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Tribune already posted an article on this bruh. Internal investigation already happened, there were previous groups of young men who had essentially dine and dashed a couple days ago, and had been prior to that. She thought it was them, and she was obviously wrong.

I never said it was right.

Not a "bruh", friend.

And, as I have said, it was 100% clear from their reactions she was mistaken. It was obviously not the same people.