• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mister Saturn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To me, the other sources confirming the blacklisting is proof enough.
Likely a confirmation of blacklisting within Hardwicks sphere of influence, yes. I don't equate blacklisting to sexual assault, but if you want to do that go ahead. If other exes of Hardwicks come forward and back Chloe's allegations, then of course that would change my thoughts here

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Chloe is a lot younger than his other exes and an older man manipulating a younger woman in a way he would never do to someone closer to his own age isn't out of the question.

Dec 24, 2017
I can't say I'm not disappointed in Wil Wheaton. Unless I'm wrong, he's never really addressed the issue, even though it seems obvious that a number of people, including his wife apparently, (although maybe I'm interpreting that incorrectly,) have circled the wagons around "poor, poor" Chris. I think its obvious that because of the verified blacklisting that Hardwick is an asshole. And he shouldn't be allowed to hide behind his alcoholism, to justify his controlling behavior. I understand why people are saying "This is not the Chris Hardwick, I know." And that's great, I'm happy that he has happy, productive relationships with people. He will need that support group, because, clearly the Chris Hardwick I know now, is a fucking dick.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Also he can be abusive without being serially abusive, in the past or future.
Also just as likely: he could just be innocent.

I was in wait-and-see mode for other women to speak out and accuse him of similar behavior. The opposite has happened. As far as I know, no one accused of sexual assault in the me too era has had as many woman leap to his defense as Chris Hardwick has. Accordingly, I'm inclined to believe that he's innocent, at least for now.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Also just as likely: he could just be innocent.

I was in wait-and-see mode for other women to speak out and accuse him of similar behavior. The opposite has happened. As far as I know, no one accused of sexual assault in the me too era has had as many woman leap to his defense as Chris Hardwick has. Accordingly, I'm inclined to believe that he's innocent, at least for now.

I hope you understand that abusers are not always serial abusers. A man can be seriously abusive to one woman and be perfectly nice to other ones. Just because his other girlfriends (some of whom dated him when he was way younger, many of whom were similar in age TO him rather than way younger than him, none of whom dated him while he was at the level of fame he now possesses) said he didn't abuse them doesn't invalidate Chloe's story, it just means he didn't abuse them.

Remember, Chloe herself even mentions that Chris got worse and worse as he got more famous. Someone he dated when he was still a nobody is likely not going to have the same experience as someone who dated him while he was literally in the middle of a meteoric fame ascent.