• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Wow that was a tough read. I had no idea he was such a shit stain. Guess no more dropping balls on that gameshow. Hell, he was just on that Red Nose special thing. Where are all these guys going? Is there some weirdo island somewhere full of rich sleaze balls hiding out?

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
There is absolutely no way he doesn't know about his best friend's tendencies or at least have a glimpse into them. I know that people are sometimes completely different behind closed doors, but stuff like this has signs over time when you're that close with someone.
unfortunately that's bullshit. You don't always know the people closest to you. know it from personal experience and also just common sense dude.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I don't and I think you are being unreasonable. Hardwick deserves all the shit he gets for this and Chloe needs the support but Wil's response is fine and doesn't deserve issues taken with it.

Completely agree. Anyone who thinks that someone deserves criticism for being honest and saying they need time to process what this means to them is an idiot.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unfortunately that's bullshit. You don't always know the people closest to you. know it from personal experience and also just common sense dude.

I'm not going to put my personal details out there but people develop blind spots to red flags, it doesn't mean they aren't out there if you're perceptive. It took me a number of years before I recognized a pattern in my friend when it came to relationships but it's there.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm not going to put my personal details out there but people develop blind spots to red flags, it doesn't mean they aren't out there if you're perceptive. It took me a number of years before I recognized a pattern in my friend when it came to relationships but it's there.
Yeah I get that, I also have personal experience as I said. You can have blind spots and also the abusive asshole can just be smart/lucky with hiding it. It goes both ways and to condemn, or blame someone because you assume they should know isn't correct or warranted.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
How are you 100% sure it was a joke
It's a saying. I'm as sure as I can possibly be, short of being in his brain (eww...).
I mean.

Who the fuck thinks these things are even funny?
I was referring to the hospital quote, which is what the other poster was speculating was a joke. And I'm not saying it was funny -- I was agreeing with the person who said it was a shitty, ego-centric, terrible joke. But yeah, based on what I know of the guy's "humor" and "comedy," it was intended as a joke. And hey, even if it was intended as a joke, it still counts as part of his abusive, reprehensible treatment.

Sayre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think people need to chill with the witch hunt of what other people should have said or done. It's not about them. It's about the abuse that Chloe endured and the person that caused it. The original story is horrifying. Don't try and find more drama.

If you (general you) are going to go with the scorch earth approach of bringing up anyone who is associated with Chris because they may have been mean or not always a nice person, I think you need to take a step back and reflect on yourself.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I think people need to chill with the witch hunt of what other people should have said or done. It's not about them. It's about the abuse that Chloe endured and the person that caused it. The original story is horrifying. Don't try and find more drama.

If you (general you) are going to go with the scorch earth approach of bringing up anyone who is associated with Chris because they may have been mean or not always a nice person, I think you need to take a step back and reflect on yourself.

Despite how poorly I've expressed myself earlier, I agree this is the right take, also the one that Chloe wants.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is terrible. Abusive relationships can fly under the radar even to people close to the couple.

That said, Wil Wheaton doesn't owe anyone a statement. He's his own person. We're not entitled to a response from him. If he wants to say something, fine, if he doesn't, it's his right to privacy. Whatever transpires between Wil and Chris from here on out is their business. Let's not try to drag in an unrelated third party, or worse demonize them. Especially when this is about Chloe Dykstra and in no way about Wil Wheaton of all people.

fleeting

Oct 27, 2017
"The first time I told him I loved him after 6 months of hoping he'd say it first, his response was (and I quote), "I think I love you too, f****t.""

Other than it being a shitty thing to say, it's also such a weird thing to say like that, unless it was how their jargon went, which it sounds like it didn't.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
"The first time I told him I loved him after 6 months of hoping he'd say it first, his response was (and I quote), "I think I love you too, f****t.""

Other than it being a shitty thing to say, it's also such a weird thing to say like that, unless it was how their jargon went, which it sounds like it didn't.

Reads like what someone with severe intimacy issues would say.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, fuck Chris Hardwick. I liked him, he could be kinda annoying and ignorant at times but I never thought he was such a monster.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It depends.
Private works for some people, they get it and they learn from it. May not be perfect but there is an acceptance.
Some people you need to take the gloves off and call them in front of others, especially if the others are unaware
This is a bit beyond calling him out in front of others. This will ruin his career. Now, you could argue he made his own bed, but it's not as small as "calling him out in front of others."

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She dropped the coffee spilling it all over the floor. Then she walked off… Didn't even bother cleaning it up or offering to pay. I was not impressed.
this is like a very condensed version of the "I ran into Ryan Gosling at the grocery store" copypasta

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So I was driving and the ID10T podcast hit my up next and started playing. It's the one with Rachel Bloom and they're talking about insecure guys. It's just totally surreal in light of these allegations to listen to him talk about it.

"People have to remind you that they are superior to you and you are subservient to them..."

Like wtf. Some of these podcasts are gonna come off as borderline psychotic.

Edit: just digging around and I'm not thinking of psychosis but sociopathy. Sorry for the mix up

Last edited:

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

it puts his always asking guests "Hey want to come over whenever and hang out and stuff just off the podcast?" questions at the end of a lot of them in a new light. Shows how much he really, really wants to be accepted into certain circles rather than want to just be friends and hang out. Desperately so.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So I was driving and the ID10T podcast hit my up next and started playing. It's the one with Rachel Bloom and they're talking about insecure guys. It's just totally surreal in light of these allegations to listen to him talk about it.

"People have to remind you that they are superior to you and you are subservient to them..."

it puts his always asking guests "Hey want to come over whenever and hang out and stuff just off the podcast?" questions at the end of a lot of them in a new light. Shows how much he really, really wants to be accepted into certain circles rather than want to just be friends and hang out. Desperately so.
I misspoke. It's not psychosis I'm thinking of but sociopathy. Like, he says what he thinks people want to hear about these gender issues but you know in his mind it's just churning and trying to fix a puzzle for what needs to be said. Weird.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Wow, how big is Nerdist? I don't follow it, but Eric Diaz there says he's worked for Nerdist as a freelancer for 5 years and has NEVER even met Chris Hardwick. Honestly I thought it was just a handful of people.

Only one I really follow on social media from Nerdist is Jessica Chobot (and by extension her now husband Blair Herter), mainly from their old G4 days.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Nerdist Industries is huge. I think they might be partnered with Geek & Sundry now too.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I think he started off genuine and got progressively worse as the aroma of fame got increasingly addictive for him. There was a definite shift a few years back when he started having fewer and fewer episodes with both Jonah and Matt in them, and then lots of episodes that were just him and a celebrity guest while he gushes over them idiotically, desperate for approval.

I seem to remember Mel Brooks giving him some shit for being a star-fucker and a suck-up as well.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, how big is Nerdist? I don't follow it, but Eric Diaz there says he's worked for Nerdist as a freelancer for 5 years and has NEVER even met Chris Hardwick. Honestly I thought it was just a handful of people.

Only one I really follow on social media from Nerdist is Jessica Chobot (and by extension her now husband Blair Herter), mainly from their old G4 days.

He has had basically nothing to do with the website for a long ass time. It was one facet of the company before he sold it to legendary.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
He has had basically nothing to do with the website for a long ass time. It was one facet of the company before he sold it to legendary.

Yeah, I just read the official statement on Nerdist's twitter. Didn't even know he really had nothing to do with the company the last couple years, and officially left earlier this year it seems. Good on them for removing him entirely from the site.

Also just realized that he is @Hardwick on twitter. I only remember from years ago when he went by @Nerdist, which is why I thought he was main part of the company still. Seems he changed it back at the end of 2015.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Dude always reeked of insecurity and desperation, so I'm not too surprised this is how he acted in 'private'.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
This used to come up on the old site all the time too, people if you don't spend 24/7 with someone there is undoubtedly something you don't know about them. For all anyone knows their best friend could be evil in all sorts of ways.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Seen some people ask why she didn't leave sooner or some bullshit. The age difference shouldn't be ignored. He was dating before she was born, and had a long time to hone his craft of making women feel like shit.

vexx987

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Modesto, CA
User Banned (1 Week): Downplaying emotional abuse, victim-blaming.
She stayed with him after he told her his "conditions"? I would tell someone to fuck off if they said all that crap to me.