• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RIP.

giphy.gif

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
20 years already, man. his loss was a big one--some funny movies would have come out if he were still alive.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes think about how his career would've panned out if this didn't occur. Dude had every quality of a great comedian.
Let's be honest, the man likely wouldn't have had much of a career without the drugs that eventually took his life. The amount of pressure he must have felt to keep doing them to perform the way he did most have been huge.

Butz

Nov 21, 2017
Loved Farley as a kid, so much so that even now as an adult I have a sentimental soft spot for movies like Beverly Hills Ninja and Almost Heroes, which are pretty bad movies that I love regardless. I remember watching Grown-Ups on Starz one day many years ago and just being bummed out that Farley wasn't alive to be in that. It probably still would have sucked, but it would have been cool to see that SNL Class of '94 or whenever reunion so many years later.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To think next year, Farley's death will be old enough to drink.
I feel like Farley would appreciate that joke.

Oct 27, 2017
I never found him funny at all, but I could definitely see a side to him that could have made him a great dramatic actor that I was always sad we never got to see.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
A great man in comedy gone. His demons in drugs and alcohol got him and took him away much too soon.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The source of the leaked picture is the escord he had hired. He was dying on the floor, unable to move, and she came back, stole his watch and laughed, took a picture of him and ran off. She bragged and laughed to her friends the day after that, the last thing he said to her was "Don't leave me alone, please" . She tried to shop around the pictures to tabloids.

That story doesn't check out. He's been dead for a while in those photos.
Your fluids don't pool like that when you're alive.

DBLO7

Permanently banned for alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2017
man, grew up with him and watched him with my dad every saturday morning. Him and Phil Hartman. I am still shocked about Hartman's murder.

RIP

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I will forever defend Almost Heroes as a comedy classic. It's a terrible film that Farley put 150% of himself into.
OYH6o3I.gif

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Sometimes I just watch old SNL sketches and remember what it felt like when my generation had the dominant culture and people my age were actually catered to. The zeitgest being pop music and "awkward humor" is so boring. And SNL is so zeitgeist-obsessed you really do get this feeling of being "at that time" when you watch. Weekend update aside, it's almost like a news show, always talking about what's going on right then.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Man, I remember hearing the radio announcing it on the way to school, was soooo bummed.

BEST.SCENE.EVER.

RIP Chris. Gone but never forgotten .

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I will forever defend Almost Heroes as a comedy classic. It's a terrible film that Farley put 150% of himself into.
OYH6o3I.gif

Severely underrated movie. HE AINT GOT A BROTHER!!! Lol

My favorite SNL bit was the hidden camera Columbian coffee crystals bit. Matt Foley is great, but he had several others that were better.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Also just realized this coming May will be 20 years since Phil Hartman was killed, '97/98 was a rough year for SNL fans and alum.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Phil Hartman's farewell from SNL works a perfect tribute to both of them.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stacylambe...78360_309810&utm_term=.qyoQA6ABkK#.xwOBN3NZnP

It's hard to believe it has been 20 years. I saw the documentary about Farley a year or two ago. He was a terribly broken person. It's a shame he didn't get the help and support he needed. It would have been interesting to see where his career would have gone if he hadn't died. He was the greatest physical comedian since the Three Stooges.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I loved Farley, much like John Candy he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Wish he were still around, shame he didn't get the help he needed to get off his addictions.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Chris Farley's death was so chillingly sad. It's rumoured that the last thing he ever did was sob at a prostitute "don't leave me" as she walked out of his place.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Time flies by. What a legend, that was taken from this earth way too soon.

I remember when I was a young 7 year old, and I saw on the news that he died of an overdose, and I asked my mom what that meant. She told me it was because of smoking. Obviously not wanting to explain that there's a bunch of stuff that can kill you.

Not everyone knows that the Matt Foley sketches were written by Bob Odenkirk of Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, and Mr. Show fame.

Bob actually played Matt Foley in Chicago before Farley did, and has referenced how seeing how Farley elevated the character made him consider doing something other than comedy, because Farley was so insanely good in the role.

I recommend reading The Chris Farley Show to anyone who's interested in his life. Lots of funny stories in there. It's a real shame that we lost him so early. It still feels so fresh and preventable to me.

I didn't know this until recently myself. It's difficult to imagine anyone else but Farley in the role, though... he really made it his own. The signs that he was going downhill fast were clearly there; his last couple of public interviews were tragic, it's like knowing a traffic accident is imminent but you're powerless to stop it.

Man, back in the days before SNL actors stopped making eye contact with each other and just blatantly read the cue cards the entire time.

Are they doing this now? I haven't kept up with the show in over a decade and a half, other than a few clips they aired during that recent special a few years back. I love watching actors break character in a funny scene, though.

Then he was reincarnated as a baby girl!

chris.jpg

Holy shit. Those eyes and that half smile... something's definitely up.

Appreciate the link, man.

Tizoc, buddy. Hope you got to see this!