• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside

sNbYUmbpBYbvuQvA4xRNArYtMRBk9_13qAOdipSIXmM.gif
Yo whats this gif from?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Forreal tho, Christian Bale as McMahon in a tell all biopic would be amazing

I'm curious who they cast as the other wrestlers in here. Manganiello as Randy Savage is an easy one. Too bad this is gonna be such a flattering movie to that piece of shit Hulkster. Plus as much as I like Hemsworth I have my doubts he can pull this off. Dude is such a character that you absolutely gotta be able to nail the voice at least

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How are they going to be able to cover Hogan during the WWE era without Vince's approval? And who would be the central characters in this biopic if they're going that route? Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Ole Anderson, and Bill Watts? Fast forward then to his involvement in WCW?

I think you could do a fascinating dramatized look into prowrestling, but I don't think you can do so adequately in a two hour film.

Maybe a netflix miniseries.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I was thinking, instead of using real wrestlers and promotions, couldn't they instead craft a story using analogs similar to how Inherit the Wind was largely inspired by the events of the Scopes Monkey Trial? Basically create larger than life personalities to stand in for real life pro wrestlers. Establish a few made up promotions to stand in for the actual promotions that existed in the past. And fabricate super cards based on their real life counterparts.

Story lines could consist of real life events like black saturday, Hulk Hogan/Richard Belzer lawsuit, John Stossel getting slapped backstage by Dr. Schultz, the steroid lawsuit, and the Monday Night Wars.

Hire a top shelf wrestling journalist/historian as a consultant to give these stories factual heft.

Last edited:

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Are you telling me that they are making a vehicle movie essentially for Chris Hemsworth to tear his shirt and go shirtless for the more than half the movie????????

Basically SHIRTLESS CHRIS HEMSWORTH THE MOVIE?

I'M FUCKING IN

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the movie shows when Hogan played detective/private investigator and follows Verne Gagne to the airport and sees Verne meeting Vince McMahon.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck is going to play Andre?

His son The Big Show, of course.

I was thinking, instead of using real wrestlers and promotions, couldn't they instead craft a story using analogs similar to how Inherit the Wind was largely inspired by the events of the Scopes Monkey Trial? Basically create larger than life personalities to stand in for real life pro wrestlers. Establish a few made up promotions to stand in for the actual promotions that existed in the past. And fabricate super cards based on their real life counterparts.

So basically like the first Hogan movie, the WWF produced No Holds Barred.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
When I was reading the title of this thread, the screen jumped and I lost sight of it for a moment, and believed that it said Chris Hemsworth was cast to play Hulk. I was pretty confused. :P

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
What if it's just about Hulk as a youngster rolling around town with his guitar, playing clubs or whatever the story is

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
have you weird fucks never owned a dog or something

they love playing in water jesus christ, aint your lame ass cats