• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
This is one of the very reasons why I stopped watching wrestling altogether.

It's full of Trump cultists/Conservatives. And it's all fake anyway.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
While I gave up even remotely caring about the WWE years ago, it's still a pretty impressive week in American rasslin' that one company almost caused an international incident with Saudi F'n Arabia and the other company has their Champion palling around with Donald F'n Trump Jr doing podcasts just days before their first PPV after premiering on network TV.

I don't expect people in that industry to be beacons of progressive views, but holy shit do they continually amaze and surprise in ghastly ways.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I tried not to take this post personally, but as someone who tries to go to bat for progressive views and movements as much as I can and as a wrestler myself, I struggle to find any justification for this post other than you having an ignorant or otherwise narrow view of what kind of people enjoy/want to be wrestlers. I've been in locker rooms with all kinds of people, from nobodies up to hall of famers and current roster members of both major US companies, and while it is obviously anecdotal, my experience has not given me the same stunted viewpoint that you're offering up. The viewpoints have been as diverse as any other workplace I've been in. Again, anecdotal, but the kind of social views and bigotry typically ascribed to the right are nowhere near as common as people think within the space.

And for the record yes, I DO expect my locker room colleagues to not be pieces of shit, and yes, I have been vocal to them when they are.

This, too. The onus is on the person to be a good person, it should not be laughable to expect those from all walks of life to attempt to be good people.
I think people have this mindset because of the rep of the guys from the 80's and 90's.

Because of my job I've had interactions with a wide spectrum of wrestlers. 99% of people were delightful to work with and I believe were genuinely good people. I'm just a producer, so these people didn't have to be nice to me, they could have just gotten the info and then gone on with their lives. But instead they engage and are quite delightful.

I even made a good friend who is a Wolf. She's awesome.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. You can't give people like this time of day and space in the world. Same reason I loathe Joe Rogan. Giving them a mic is the worst thing you can do if you have a platform like this.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I think people have this mindset because of the rep of the guys from the 80's and 90's.

Because of my job I've had interactions with a wide spectrum of wrestlers. 99% of people were delightful to work with and I believe were genuinely good people. I'm just a producer, so these people didn't have to be nice to me, they could have just gotten the info and then gone on with their lives. But instead they engage and are quite delightful.

I even made a good friend who is a Wolf. She's awesome.

I appreciate your insight! That is indeed awesome.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Cody isn't exactly the anti-thesis to Jericho either. He might be AEW's top baby face, but he's far from his father's "Hard Times" everyman/working man alter ego. He looks more like heel Ric Flair with all the limo and private jet video packages he's featured in. Plus his character is best friends with MJF? His wife is a heel too? Why is he the defacto baby face? Then you have Moxley doing his best Stone Cold impression, which I'm sure will win over all the lapsed redneck wrestling fans. Not to mention Adam Page's nickname is Hangman, which is a great image to conjure up in 2019 given the current state of race relations in the U.S. AEW committing a lot of unforced errors.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Cody isn't exactly the anti-thesis to Jericho either. He might be AEW's top baby face, but he's far from his father's "Hard Times" everyman/working man alter ego. He looks more like heel Ric Flair with all the limo and private jet video packages he's featured in. Plus his character is best friends with MJF? His wife is a heel too? Why is he the defacto baby face? Then you have Moxley doing his best Stone Cold impression, which I'm sure will win over all the lapsed redneck wrestling fans. Not to mention Adam Page's nickname is Hangman, which is a great image to conjure up in 2019 given the current state of race relations in the U.S. AEW committing a lot of unforced errors.

I believe Hangman was given to him by Gedo who is Japanese. Sort of a different context there. He got over with that name in Japan, so it kind of stuck.

I think the Cody character stemmed from his American Nightmare character which was initially heel. But Dusty did his fair share of limo rides and such as well.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think there was an interview with Hangman where he acknowledges the issues of the noose:

"I had the noose for a while and tried to be as sensitive as I could about in every way possible, but I still had people writing me who were kind about it, but had family members who committed suicide which made them uncomfortable, or maybe the racial connotations of me carrying a noose were uncomfortable, I get that. I tried to be really sensitive about it, but it was something I wanted to get away from."

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What they going to do? Like this company is own by a big Trump supporter
Why do you keep repeating the same shit that the Khan's are big trump supporters? They donate to all political parties as billionaires do. And Tony Khan's father was one of the only people in the NFL that supported the players kneeling.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I try not to let this upset me , chances are every huge cooperation is a Trump supporter. Silicon Valley that tries to fool people into thinking they're progressive mingle with the likes of Trump. Realistically I would have to hide in a cave to avoid all of this.

Last edited:

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Why do you keep repeating the same shit that the Khan's are big trump supporters? They donate to all political parties as billionaires do. And Tony Khan's father was one of the only people in the NFL that supported the players kneeling.
He gave quite a bit to Trump. That's still supporting him whether he supports others not. I also saw him on CNBC the other day being very complimentary of Trump, talking about how hes ushered in a golden age of manufacturing. So yeah it's not just support with money either.

Edit: Talking about Shahid if that wasnt clear.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
This thread title hurt me. This right here is why I actively try to not to have heroes.

How do you guys think Roddy Piper would have leaned when it comes to Trump? Guy was one of my favorite entertainers growing up, and I really respected him even now.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wrestlers would probably overall have a more Republican attitude. Mostly white dudes, had to work for what they had, but they can't realize that their lives would be that much easier if things slanted left.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I tend to think every younger/current gen wrestler from Ohio is a Trump Supporter.

Bliss
EC3
Ziggler
Likely Miz
all the Ohio people in Impact, Havok included

Seth was Born in Iowa, but I'm pretty sure lived or still lives in Ohio.
EC3 was a HUGE Milo fan when he still existed. And also loved altright pages and breitbart on instagram.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He gave quite a bit to Trump. That's still supporting him whether he supports others not. I also saw him on CNBC the other day being very complimentary of Trump, talking about how hes ushered in a golden age of manufacturing. So yeah it's not just support with money either.

Edit: Talking about Shahid if that wasnt clear.
He gave money to the inauguration. Like every other billionaire. He has bit given any money to trumps campaign and he has called Trump a "great divider". Stop trying to create a narrative.