• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I'm not ready to full on protest AEW (yet) over this, I was about to watch AEW Dark....and now I don't feel like it.

I was excited about Dynamite tomorrow, but now I doubt I'll even watch it.

Was looking to get the Full Gear PPV, and now I don't care.

Maybe It will change, but I was pumped about AEW and all the wind was just taken from my sails.

The man who bankrolls AEW donated millions to Trump, why did you watch it in the first place? Jericho being a Trump supporter and he's the champ is just icing on the cake

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
It's disappointing, but I haven't watched wrestling in ages and my only real connection to Jericho is sometimes bopping to Fozzy while on the treadmill.

Conservatism dominates the wrestling scene and sports in general. This is an unfortunate reminder of that.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He is rich. Lower your expectations when it comes to rich folk, the bag is always more important than the peasantry's beefs with society.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Accept the moral failure that is watching wrestling brothers.

Supporting or not supporting wrasslin' is irrelevant in getting into the kingdom of heaven, of which you are are not going anyway.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
When you carny too hard and it backfires.
Pretty sure this is ignorance/idiocy and trying to pop a good listener number than anything else but it still sucks.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You are all working yourself into a shoot.

Anyways I'm shocked by this. I always thought Jericho was one of the more levelheaded people, but I never followed his political beliefs.

I'll still watch AEW. The industry is full of awful people anyways.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
You are all working yourself into a shoot.

Anyways I'm shocked by this. I always thought Jericho was one of the more levelheaded people, but I never followed his political beliefs.

I'll still watch AEW. The industry is full of awful people anyways.
I think Jericho is one of those "all politicians are the same" type of dudes.

I have never heard him talk politics in any of his books.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Was it a dumb move to feature this guy on his podcast? Yes!
Are people overreacting? Hell yeah.

I mean some guys on here straight up call Jericho a Nazi. It's a really dumb move, but cancel culture these days is getting out of hand..

Oct 25, 2017
Was it a dumb move to feature this guy on his podcast? Yes!
Are people overreacting? Hell yeah.

I mean some guys on here straight up call Jericho a Nazi. It's a really dumb move, but cancel culture these days is getting out of hand..

I don't think so because people may have been forgiving to some things but this and Hager's hiring may have set them off. Chalking this up to cancel culture is a bit of a stretch.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so because people may have been forgiving to some things but this and Hager's hiring may have set them off. Chalking this up to cancel culture is a bit of a stretch.
Calling Jericho a nazi is nothing else but overreacting. Also it seems to be a new sport to list people with their political stance, like you can see in this thread. And most of the time the information is wrong or exagerrated.
If someone sent a tweet years ago that just sounds vaguely like he could be anywhere near being a republican, then he's instantly a nazi for a lot of people. Most of the time there is no prove, but who cares, people want to hate.

Nov 23, 2017
This sucks. I despise everything Trump. He better bring some political leftists on his podcast or I'm gonna quit supporting him. I say that because he claims to be "neutral". Let's see it.

Oct 25, 2017
Calling Jericho a nazi is nothing else but overreacting. Also it seems to be a new sport to list people with their political stance, like you can see in this thread. And most of the time the information is wrong or exagerrated.
If someone sent a tweet years ago that just sounds vaguely like he could be anywhere near being a republican, then he's instantly a nazi for a lot of people. Most of the time there is no prove, but who cares, people want to hate.

I mean the nazi thing is extreme sure, i just meant with people not wanting to continue with AEW. Also many wrestlers have problematic shit they've hidden but then resurfaces in some capacity. Many also have no problem shooting themselves in the foot (Ospreay for example).

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Man, what a fucking disappointment. I'm not some huge AEW guy or a huge Jericho guy or anything, but I've loved following his career over the last 2-3 years, he's been (IMO) the most entertaining wrestler in the last 3 or 4 years... consistently doing really imaginative story lines and making lemonade with lemons (like his situation in WWE where he had the only interesting storylines on the card for the most part).

But godddddddddamn this is sad. I mean, it's not surprising, he's grew up in rural Canada and all, but like ... Don Jr of all people.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah , Hager is someone I will actively shit on his match tonight as much as possible. Jericho can be forgiven for this- I can buy that he was just a stupid idiot on this, but he needs to hear that this wasn't a good thing.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SentimentalWellmadeHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I do wonder how the host network of his Podcast, Westwood One, will react to the negative backlash this will accumulate from having Shitstain Jr on his show.

Although this may have been Westwood's idea in the first place.

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Jesus christ. I couldn't imagine being this consumed by politics to let a fucking podcast cause me to boycott something
You realize these people want LGBTQ+ people and minorities dead or back in the stone ages, right? They put children in concentration camps, they want to outlaw abortion, this isn't just "politics", people's lives are on the line.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You realize these people want LGBTQ+ people and minorities dead or back in the stone ages, right? They put children in concentration camps, they want to outlaw abortion, this isn't just "politics", people's lives are on the line.

I mean you're obviously free to do what you want but boycotting an entire organization because of a few just seems far out there. If I did that, I could never watch a sports game ever again. If you have a wide range of people in an organization, you're going to get different political views, that's just the reality of it.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, they want to do that and are doing that. But you're getting way too fucking worked up over a stupid podcast that doesn't represent the company. Trust me, I am trans. I know the trumps are monsters. It's just so weird to see you people on here having meltdowns over this.

Jun 14, 2019
wonder how many people here would quit there job if they found out someone above them is a trump supporter or that, like i can probs guarantee in nearlly every single company world wide there is a few shit heads employed.

every film tv show or studio has probs had a few shit heads employed aswell just because you dont know about it doesnt mean it isnt there,

do we know the views of each mod person here are all them non supporting of trump for instance ? would you quit this forum if it came out one them was a trump supporter something of like ? ( i dont know if any mod here is and im not in anyway accusing any mod of being one im just making an example )

ive come to terms with especially in entertainment form that most actors or such may have pretty dam shitty views like alot of standard tradtional people, but they have a job

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I unsubbed from his podcast. Even if this hadn't happen he hasn't had any good guests on his shows in a while anyways. It's either psychics, conspiracy theorists, his dumb band or aging 70s/80s rockstars. I care about none of that.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
wonder how many people here would quit there job if they found out someone above them is a trump supporter or that, like i can probs guarantee in nearlly every single company world wide there is a few shit heads employed.

every film tv show or studio has probs had a few shit heads employed aswell just because you dont know about it doesnt mean it isnt there,

Not watching a wrestling TV show offers no personal repercussions as opposed to quitting your job.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
If he's so non-partisan he should bring on AOC next since she already loves Cody and Brandi ;)
This does bum me out though, I just bought a Jericho shirt at AEW last week to wear around the house :(

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
If he brings on someone like AoC, I'll at least check out that episode. As far as his podcast goes outside of that, I'm done for now. I was already on the fence with all of the dumb conspiracy bullshit that he toys with on it.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Jericho's on some dumb shit with these retweets.

2UL7uMv.png

Yeah Chris, I'm sure that's what's wrong with the country.

4v1hsOv.png

I mean, yeah a lot of people have, and they rightfully dunk on WWE all the time because of the McMahon's ties with Trump.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Kevin Nash definitely has moments where he comes off as a real asshole, but he's been known to be left leaning politically for a long time. "Woke Kevin Nash" was even a bit of an image meme a few years ago. Batista is another big one that was mentioned a few times in this thread. IIRC, he was raised by a single lesbian mother who he has credited with helping instill progressive views into him. I recall him calling out Manny Pacquiao on twitter a few years ago when Pac made those typical bullshit bible comments against gay people. Dave uhh... didn't mince his words here:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Yes, they want to do that and are doing that. But you're getting way too fucking worked up over a stupid podcast that doesn't represent the company. Trust me, I am trans. I know the trumps are monsters. It's just so weird to see you people on here having meltdowns over this.
I'm not worked up though, I'm sitting here calmly typing words onto a forum. If you're saying that tweeting to AEW would be getting worked up, I disagree with that because every consumer can voice their opinion, it's one of the ways that change happens.
I mean you're obviously free to do what you want but boycotting an entire organization because of a few just seems far out there. If I did that, I could never watch a sports game ever again. If you have a wide range of people in an organization, you're going to get different political views, that's just the reality of it.
I don't think I said I was boycotting them, but I totally support anyone who makes the decision to do so of course, everyone can make the choice of what they want to support. What I advocated for was people voicing their opinion via social media.