• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I bet Arnold did a scan when Chris came to the house.

1429_4.jpg

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
lol this thread is filled with so many people making bad assumptions, many Democrats(myself included) can be religious, and even if someone is conservative that doesn't automatically make them the stereotypical Trump voter
Yeah who knew... I thought Era was crazy about this guy (despite his religion). Turns out he's an alt-right neo-Nazi and he murdered even more babies than Elon Musk and Apple combined.

Anyway, i don't know the guy as well as you people here (i've seen him in Jurassic Park and Galaxy) and i have no desire to be so involved with the lives of your celebs. But the threads are very entertaining. Wow.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
It's possible to be a Christian and not a terrible person (speaking as a Christian myself)

I'm not saying Chris Pratt is NOT an asshole, but also it's not immediate evidence that he IS one
And judging by the friends he keeps, a lot of seemingly good people seem to be close friends with him. But I guess people on forums who never met him know better. Who would have thought?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I follow that dude on instagram and he is pretty much one of those small town religious guys who likes hunting/fishing and is supportive of the police.
Which is fine, you be you, lol. It's just weird since he never gave off that vibe when he was married with Anna Faris.

He was definitely showing signs when he was with Anna (at least the religious side)

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Oh cool, a new Chris Pratt thread means I have a new place to say that Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a horrific piece of shit!

Oh and uh, congrats, best of luck and all that.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that nowadays many of the younger conservatives and/or the alt-right (perhaps it's more of the the latter group) seem to be less religious than their parents were. They're ideology is based on class, race and hatred. I don't know, seems pretty weak to me in this day and age for that kind of movement. I'm optimistic and don't think it'd last very long as long as their is significant pushback by progressives, which I think there is and will be; it might take a while, but we've gotten through tougher shit than this. The GOP is going to have to live down Trump for a long while for the shit they allowed to transpire. Fuck they might have to regroup and rethink a different strategy to keep their party from slowing crumbling.

That, or everything gets way worse and we'll have to live the rest of our lives in a depressing and pointless society that has no real meaning for 99% of the population. That's assuming most of the population will not have had already starved to their death while the fortunate and powerful few live in lavish comfort and bliss.

Gonna take an edible and chill lol

Edit: hmm I think I got two threads mixed up together I think and some how incorporated a fucking mish mash of a post. it's 8Am and I got effed up on the weed. I guess I have only myself to blame.

Oh and I hope the best for their marriage.
May love find a way.

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I know plenty of Christian Democrats lol.
lol this thread is filled with so many people making bad assumptions, many Democrats(myself included) can be religious, and even if someone is conservative that doesn't automatically make them the stereotypical Trump voter
It's possible to be a Christian and not a terrible person (speaking as a Christian myself)

I'm not saying Chris Pratt is NOT an asshole, but also it's not immediate evidence that he IS one
Would Christian Democrats follow far-right figures like Candace Owens (he's stopped following her now), hunting and redneck channels, or go on about how Hollywood doesn't represent average blue collar Americans? I don't think so.

It's possible he could be a centrist with this quote:
"I really feel there's common ground out there that's missed because we focus on the things that separate us...

"You're either the red state or the blue state, the left or the right. Not everything is politics. And maybe that's something I'd want to help bridge, because I don't feel represented by either side."
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Would Christian Democrats follow far-right figures like Candace Owens (he's stopped following her now), hunting and redneck channels, or go on about how Hollywood doesn't represent average blue collar Americans? I don't think so.

"I really feel there's common ground out there that's missed because we focus on the things that separate us...

"You're either the red state or the blue state, the left or the right. Not everything is politics. And maybe that's something I'd want to help bridge, because I don't feel represented by either side."

Why would a Democrat not follow hunting channels?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
You guys need to cool it with "religious, therefore conservative" bullshit.
Me and many of my friends are religious and we're about as liberal as it gets.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

"hunting and redneck channels"

Come on, man.

I'm a crazy lefty but you are just making yourself look silly by lumping that in with all the other stuff.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
He's always been super religious so wouldn't surprise me this was already the case.

Can we please stop assuming religiousness has anything to do with political affiliation.

Pratt has done plenty to imply that he's conservative as hell, but praying for people isn't one of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

He walked back his blue collar comment and said it was pretty stupid

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58fcf3cce4b00fa7de152734

Apparently Dems don't like to hunt or fish. What are you on about?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Sure I've seen redneck Democrats before, and ether way I don't care if he's Republican or Democrat I don't know him, and even if he was Republican it isn't reason for me to hate him

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arnold was once asked about his home country of Austria and its flirtation with fascists and his response was "why do Americans always worry about other countries? We have important things to address here."

The fact that he's a reasonable person as far as climate and renewables doesn't stop the fact he's still is part of the Republican party even after all their nonsense. Fuck him.

White evangelical Christians voted for Trump 81% in 2016. Whether Pratt was one of them is impossible to know. But I don't think it's wrong to be suspicious of these types of people, to be so public about this stuff just strikes me as incredibly insecure.

The guy is outspoken about his own party, about Trump, about fascism, nazis and all that shit. He has a history of doing so. He constantly presses for progressive issues, and focuses his free time on charitable events and whatnot. He didn't vote for Trump after all the nonsense that was going on. So nah, you can piss off with the purity tests.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Is this a serious post?

I've always found it disconcerting how people act disappointed when X and Y celebrity don't end up as a couple or break up.

These are real people with actual lives, not two characters in a fictional novel.
I just remember her saying that she had a crush on him during their Parks and Rec days, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Also, it's not that big of a deal lol

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
You can't be a true progressive if you hunt/fish and pray for others apparently is the implication I'm seeing.

Open minded until you have to look a little bit past the stereotype to see the intention of the action someone is performing.

There's 100% a need for gut reactions when a policy, belief, or action endangers people short or long term. Gut reactions to praying and hunting is odd and causes unnecessary divides. This is coming from someone who doesn't necessarily agree with hunting, mind you.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy is outspoken about his own party, about Trump, about fascism, nazis and all that shit. He has a history of doing so. He constantly presses for progressive issues, and focuses his free time on charitable events and whatnot. He didn't vote for Trump after all the nonsense that was going on. So nah, you can piss off with the purity tests.

He supports the Republican party. The Republican party's leader is Donald Trump. It's the same reason I get after my friends in Massachusetts who vote for a governor like Charlie Baker. Sure he's progressive as far as Republicans go (it's hilarious you think that Arnold is actually progressive though even in the United States I wouldn't judge him as that), but nah. If they're part of the Republican machine they can fuck right off. They were fine when it was all dogwhistles and "pulling yourself up from your bootstraps" but now that it's more overt corruption and racism it's too much for them. One of Schwarzenegger's idols is Ronald Reagan. Fuck Arnold even if he's been in some of the best action movies ever.

You can't be a true progressive if you hunt/fish and pray for others apparently is the implication I'm seeing.

Well he ain't a true Scotsman that's true.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
lmfao. the clock is ticking until this guy goes full MAGA on twitter

following candace owens is as "therefore conservative" as it gets
He stopped following Candace Owen, and a lot of conservatives are anti Trump

It's getting real annoying that this thread has boiled down to "he onced followed this conservative so therefore he's a Trump voter"

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He supports the Republican party. The Republican party's leader is Donald Trump. It's the same reason I get after my friends in Massachusetts who vote for a governor like Charlie Baker. Sure he's progressive as far as Republicans go (it's hilarious you think that Arnold is actually progressive though even in the United States I wouldn't judge him as that), but nah. If they're part of the Republican machine they can fuck right off. They were fine when it was all dogwhistles and "pulling yourself up from your bootstraps" but now that it's more overt corruption and racism it's too much for them. One of Schwarzenegger's idols is Ronald Reagan. Fuck Arnold even if he's been in some of the best action movies ever.

Well he ain't a true Scotsman that's true.

Arnold can be registered as a Republican and also want/push to envoke change in it. He also did not vote for Trump during the election. He clearly does not support Trump and has made numerous comments about him, how he governs the nation and has criticized the party. And yes, Arnold has progressive tendencies, so for you to sit there and mock me for acknowledging the good he has done is patronizing to high hell. I don't agree with you, and I think the purity test you're pushing here is bullshit. So what if he sees Reagan as an idol? What Arnold pushes for now doesn't exactly align with the views of Reagan in the past.

I don't see how Arnold trying to change the party while still being aligned with it is a bad thing. If you wanna alienate allies, blacklist him, whatever, you do you. I don't support your stance.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
They were fine when it was all dogwhistles and "pulling yourself up from your bootstraps" but now that it's more overt corruption and racism it's too much for them.
but he's not a part of that, he hasn't been a part of government for a while, really this is a terrible mindset to have, you're basically saying everyone who was ever Republican can go fuck himself even if they are against Trump and what he stands for

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Pratt has worked with nothing but hardcore liberals for years from his Parks & Rec days to the set of Guardians. Never a single story of him being a problem and we know Gunn would have taken issue with that, as well as Bautista, who isn't afraid to let his thoughts be known.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arnold can be registered as a Republican and also want/push to envoke change in it.

He's doing a hell of a job.

He also did not vote for Trump during the election.

Neither did more than half the voters, he doesn't deserve a medal for not voting for a dumb fuck. George W Bush didn't vote for Trump either and he is responsible for millions of displaced and dead Iraqis. Does he deserve a medal for that?

He clearly does not support Trump and has made numerous comments about him, how he governs the nation and has criticized the party.

He can talk the talk, but what has he actually done as far as the Republican party goes? I have yet to see anything. Oh he talks about climate change and renewables and I've yet to see any headway on that. In fact the Republican party has gone in reverse over the past 20 years on that issue.

And yes, Arnold has progressive tendencies, so for you to sit there and mock me for acknowledging the good he has done is patronizing to high hell.

You seem to be taking this stuff personally. I'm mocking you for ignoring the bad he's done. This shit doesn't cancel out or someone lend your argument credence.

I don't agree with you, and I think the purity test you're pushing here is bullshit.

I don't care.

So what if he sees Reagan as an idol? What Arnold pushes for now doesn't exactly align with the views of Reagan in the past.

And yet he's this amazing 'progressive' person that still holds to the Republican party despite the bullshit they've done since 2000.

I don't see how Arnold trying to change the party while still being aligned with it is a bad thing. If you wanna alienate allies, blacklist him, whatever, you do you. I don't support your stance.

I'm talking on a forum about my distaste for the dude. How is that alienating him? You think he reads this shit?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but he's not a part of that, he hasn't been a part of government for a while, really this is a terrible mindset to have, you're basically saying everyone who was ever Republican can go fuck himself even if they are against Trump and what he stands for

If they are still Republican today? Then yeah they can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. As far as I know the dude is still a registered Republican.