• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
https://www.queerty.com/chris-pratt-attends-anti-gay-church-history-child-molestation-ex-gay-therapy-20190115

Pratt attends Hillsong Church, the same church as pop-star Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Kendall Jenner. But Hillsong has a history of child sexual abuse and supporting so-called conversion therapy.

The megachurch began in Australia and has since spawned outposts across the world, including New York City. New York City's Hillsong Church is led by Carl Lentz. In a 2015 GQ interview, Lentz said he considers homosexuality a sin and would never allow an openly gay member to hold a church leadership position.

In August 2015, when the New York City church learned that two of its male choir members were married, it released a public statement against them.

One of the church's original founders, Frank Houston, molested a 7-year-old boy. And in 2008, it was revealed that Hillsong church referred many of its gay members into ex-gay conversion therapy, a professionally disavowed and psychologically harmful practice of trying to turn gay people straight.

I knew that Pratt was a born again Christian, but this is pretty disappointing to hear. Another milkshake duck.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Remember though, Scientology is the celebrity cult we should be worried about...

Disappointing, but not unexpected. Good thing his name is already an insult.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory generalisation
Not to defend pratt, but I'm pretty sure this can be applied to just about any church in America.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I used to really like Chris Pratt but more I hear about him, the more I'm going off him.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Godamnit I was worried as the Christian shit started to seep out of his online presence for a bit and now it's full on disappointment mode.

Fuckem I guess. I wouldn't cry if star lord was just done after endgame. It's his fuckin fault peter is dusted anyway.

Oct 29, 2017
Attending may not necessarily mean endorsement (or even awareness), but that's no real excuse. Basic research should be done about the shit you attend and if you decide to go there anyway be ready to answer for it

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about Chris Pratt. By all accounts he seems like a wonderful person. Let's not judge him because of a church he goes to.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty gross by this church, but I wonder why this article headline singles out Pratt among the other much more famous celebs in the first line?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Strange that Pratt is being singled out. Is it because he's so secretive? For example, I doubt anyone would call out Gomez for attending an "anti-gay" church given one of her best friends is bisexual.

Not to defend pratt, but I'm pretty sure this can be applied to just about any church in America.

There are plenty of churches that welcome gay people. Some are "love the sinner" types, and others just don't demonize homosexuality at all.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about Chris Pratt. By all accounts he seems like a wonderful person. Let's not judge him because of a church he goes to.
Are you serious? When the church is that terrible, yes, let's. And Beiber, and Gomez and Jenner too.

konka

Oct 25, 2017

Let's take a look at some of our churches in Washington DC.

gay-churches-in-dc-tagg-magazine.jpg

mount-vernon-place-united-methodist-church-washington-dc-usa-M28235.jpg

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
The megachurch began in Australia and has since spawned outposts across the world, including New York City. New York City's Hillsong Church is led by Carl Lentz. In a 2015 GQ interview, Lentz said he considers homosexuality a sin and would never allow an openly gay member to hold a church leadership position.

In August 2015, when the New York City church learned that two of its male choir members were married, it released a public statement against them.

Does Chris Pratt live and attend church in NYC? Thought he was on the West Coast.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He has done plenty quenstionable things in combination with his beliefs already.

He hasn't made a good non-Marvel movie aside from side characters till now anyway.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty gross by this church, but I wonder why this article headline singles out Pratt among the other much more famous celebs in the first line?

Most of the other celebs that are affiliated with it are already unlikable.

Bieber hangs out (or at least used to) with one of the heads of the church (or maybe THE head, I forget). Gossip sites called him Pastor Cumgutters because of his tendency to not wear a shirt and his impressive, uh, his name says it all.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. I grew up near where Hillsong started and its always been creepy as hell. I wasnt aware it had become a global megachurch phenomenon. How the fuck did that happen?

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the other celebs that are affiliated with it are already unlikable.

Bieber hangs out (or at least used to) with one of the heads of the church (or maybe THE head, I forget). Gossip sites called him Pastor Cumgutters because of his tendency to not wear a shirt and his impressive, uh, his name says it all.

Yeah I kinda get that for Bieber but Kendall Jenner is unlikeable? She's like a billionaire mogul brand at this point.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Did something happen to him recently that kicked off the born-again-Christian thing?

Last year, Chris discussed a scare that he had when their newborn son was born nine weeks prematurely and spent the first month of his life in an intensive care unit.

"We were scared for a long time. We prayed a lot," Pratt explained. "It restored my faith in God, not that it needed to be restored, but it really redefined it. The baby was so beautiful to us, and I look back at the photos of him and it must have been jarring for other people to come in and see him, but to us he was so beautiful and perfect."

https://www.happysonship.com/beer-god-fame-and-the-lovable-chris-pratt/

But his son was born in 2012. This isn't new but people are focusing it on it a lot more lately. He was religious while making cum jokes on Parks & Rec.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
More power to Christians who have their faith and still support gay people.

I don't know exactly where you compartmentalize Leviticus, but godspeed.... keep doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.