• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Can we talk about how REMake2 Leon is the most beautiful character model of all time tho? Post pics.
You misspelled Ada.

resident-evil-2-scree28jwn.jpg

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the issue with chris is that he simply looked nothing like him. Voice, eyes, face, hair, clothes, it was all a different character.

Leon, well, he's the same in many ways. But at least with him we are going back in time 20 years. His character will be different, his voice less mature etc. He looks somewhat the part, not 100%, but at least when you see him with his 90s curtains and RPD outfit you know who it is.

Chris, by the time of RE7, had a few redesigns, as did Leon. But they were all the same look, just tweaked slightly.

I don't know what they are thinking with Chris. The guy they picked can look like him when used in other ways, as been proven by posts. But capcom need to just admit that they have indeed messed up, and totally change him. At this point I don't even care if "Redfield" turns out to be a clone, or his long lost cousin, or a faker, whatever, it's not like RE games have amazing stories. Just get that imposter out of here.

Yes to all of this, Thank you.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure Chris is gay as well. Often has to work together with incredibly attractive women, but there is never any hint of him being attracted to them.
So you need to be actively drooling over your attractive co-workers of the opposite sex to be considered heterosexual..?

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have any compelling counter evidence that he's straight?

Not sure why you care so much frankly.

Because i'm seeing some members mentioning it like a fact but they don't deliver a single reason as to why they think it so, other than he's stoic around female companions.
It's okay if you want the character to have an specific sexual preference, but it doesn't make it a fact.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Because i'm seeing some members mentioning it like a fact but they don't deliver a single reason as to why they think it so, other than he's stoic around female companions.
It's okay if you want the character to have an specific sexual preference, but it doesn't make it a fact.
Well him being straight isn't a fact either 🤔

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Guys.
Having a headcanon for a character who never showed any romantic feeling to anyone is okay.
We don't have any evidence of him being gay/straight or whatever, it's not the point of the character, it never was and never will.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Don't see the problem with this model.

Photogrammetry is a huge part of the RE Engine graphics pipeline, so they scanned a new model to be Chris Redfield. Case closed. Unless you're hugely fond of the old models, or have no idea what photogrammetry actually is, it's a pretty weak hill to die on.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't see the problem with this model.

Photogrammetry is a huge part of the RE Engine graphics pipeline, so they scanned a new model to be Chris Redfield. Case closed. Unless you're hugely fond of the old models, or have no idea what photogrammetry actually is, it's a pretty weak hill to die on.
And yet Leon, Dante, and Nero turned out fine.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't capcom openly admit they messed up with Chris model in re7? I swear I remember an employee said they could still go back to the old model for future entries .

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That looks nothing like Chris. It looks like someone tried to genetically engineer a clone of Ryan Gosling and fucked it up.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
anyway y'all understand the reason they didn't use david b for chris's model is that they can't afford him right. there's a reason they go with pretty much unknown models and actors for this stuff instead of Big Names.

"But Norman and Mads and del Totoro in Kojiiiiiiima's--"
look kojima is not a person you want to emulate when it comes to staying under budget

I'm not arguing for or against the characters sexual preference... just felt the reasoning I quoted was terrible.

it's 2019, every character is gay until otherwise explicitly stated otherwise. this is the new law passed down by hayley kiyoko back in twenty gayteen.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
And yet Leon, Dante, and Nero turned out fine.
I've seen people complaining about all three of those models in the same way, on here and other sites. Same old side-by-side comparisons to old models too. People are just weird about legacy characters in this new age of game graphics.

Leon's REmake2 model probably got the least flack, though. I'm chalking that down to good casting with the face model.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Guys.
Having a headcanon for a character who never showed any romantic feeling to anyone is okay.
We don't have any evidence of him being gay/straight or whatever, it's not the point of the character, it never was and never will.

Not meaning to pick on you particularly but you and more than a few people seem pretty insistent throughout this thread that they should never have Chris show any sort of romantic interest in anyone whatsoever in a series were characters are constantly flirting with each other or others.

Suppose they have an entire game based around Chris admitting his love for Jill, would you consider that a betrayel of his character? Do you consider people that think he likes Jill to be forcing their head-cannon against the spirit of the games?

Different strokes but I always get weirded out over RE6 Ada fandom. She didn't look sexy or cool she had a lame appearance.

I know a few girls in real life that really like Ada. Not as in they're attracted to her but more as in how guys like James Bond. She's like a teen girls fantasy of what a cool badass spy woman looks and acts like (ignoring the few fanservice moments).

And don't get me wrong, I think her character's badly written in 6, but a lot of girl gamers I know in real life love Beyond Two Souls so what do I know...

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen people complaining about all three of those models in the same way, on here and other sites. Same old side-by-side comparisons to old models too. People are just weird about legacy characters in this new age of game graphics.

Leon's REmake2 model probably got the least flack, though. I'm chalking that down to good casting with the face model.
Most people seem fine with models now and don't get nearly as much flak as Chris. But I haven't looked at every single discussion so maybe they do. I just haven't seen much compared to Chris. I also just personally think they look more recognizable then Chris too.

I also dislike the idea that we must sacrifice recognizability for graphics but that's a whole nother debat probably.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not meaning to pick on you particularly but you and more than a few people seem pretty insistent throughout this thread that they should never have Chris show any sort of romantic interest in anyone whatsoever in a series were characters are constantly flirting with each other or others.

Suppose they have an entire game based around Chris admitting his love for Jill, would you consider that a betrayel of his character? Do you consider people that think he likes Jill to be forcing their head-cannon against the spirit of the games?
What do you guys have against the thought of Chris being gay?