• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so is the world of Resident Evil moving in real time with the actual real world dates? So Chris, Claire, Leon, and everyone else is really over 20 years older since their first appearances?

I just figured things was like the world of SF where Ryu and Ken are probably in their mid to late 30's despite the fact that they should be 55 now.

Nah, Real Time. Sherry grew up for example. And everyone else just has perfect genetics, where age only shows through fashion style and some gruff. I mean the women in RE so far all had this undefinable late 20s look. Now that they use real humans as models they actually get a defined age as opposed to the idealized fantasy models that you can't put an age on.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Real Time. Sherry grew up for example. And everyone else just has perfect genetics, where age only shows through fashion style and some gruff. I mean the women in RE so far all had this undefinable late 20s look. Now that they use real humans as models they actually get a defined age as opposed to the idealized fantasy models that you can't put an age on.

Chris while looking good was definitely showing his age by 6, its part of the reason I like the design so much
3AmdLL0.png

Oct 26, 2017
Chris while looking good was definitely showing his age by 6, its part of the reason I like the design so much
3AmdLL0.png
Showing his age while having litterally zero wrinkles around his eyes, or any breakdown in collagen to make his features longer. He squints his eyes more and more, with each iteration, but other than that his scruff is the only real onset of age. Shit even his hairline is growing forward.
Still compared to the women of RE so far, he looks like a freaking grandpa.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Lost in Nightmares Chris and RE6 Chris are the best.

I actually don't mind RE7 Chris as a "design".. but he just isn't Chris, that design can go for any other "new" male character.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Street Fighter 5 isn't set in the now.
The characters are the oldest in SF3.

Well yeah, that's exactly what I mean. They won't move forward with real world time and probably never will because if they did then SF6 would have to be a 20+ year jump from SF3.

I know Sherry is grown up now, but I didn't think they really moved 20+ years since RE1/2. I thought maybe something like 10-12 years so all the ladies an men of RE can still be just really nice looking early 30's people who like to keep themselves in good shape.

Jazzkokehead

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The change to RE7 Chris is so bad it's practically homophobic.

This post is so bad that I feel awful giving you validation just for responding to it. But no: a simple character face change like this (as much as I personally hate it) is not even remotely close to "homophobic."

What the hell. Please use that thing between your ears before you post next time - I believe it is called a "brain."

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This post is so bad that I feel awful giving you validation just for responding to it. But no: a simple character face change like this (as much as I personally hate it) is not even remotely close to "homophobic."

What the hell. Please use that thing between your ears before you post next time - I believe it is called a "brain."
This blasted so far over your head, it made it into orbit.

Oct 25, 2017
Showing his age while having litterally zero wrinkles around his eyes, or any breakdown in collagen to make his features longer. He squints his eyes more and more, with each iteration, but other than that his scruff is the only real onset of age. Shit even his hairline is growing forward.
Still compared to the women of RE so far, he looks like a freaking grandpa.
Its not as noticeable in that picture but he is definitely getting to some wrinkles by 6
latest

vs
latest

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks to see they will potentially continue with the RE7 model. Was the only reason for lack of old Chris still the fact that the new RE engine cant render his old character properly?

Oct 26, 2017
Its not as noticeable in that picture but he is definitely getting to some wrinkles by 6
latest

vs
latest
Dude is supposed to be a raging alcoholic with years of stress and loss under his belt, and all he's got to show for it are some bigger eye bags. Dude should be grey by this point in his life as well as exhibit male pattern baldness to complement the dune like structure of his temples.

I understand that they went for the bigger than life action hero aesthetic (their own words) but it's one I always found to be extremely misguided and one that took away a lot of what made his character endearing. (which is basically what happened to every RE Character after RE4.

I like the new photogrammetry direction that they are taking. Next time they use Chris they should however die his hair back to dark brown.

Sucks to see they will potentially continue with the RE7 model. Was the only reason for lack of old Chris still the fact that the new RE engine cant render his old character properly?
It has little to do with it not being to able to render the old face properly. It has more to do with the fact that next to all the photoscanned materials and models it would look rather silly and unrealistic.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Wait, so is the world of Resident Evil moving in real time with the actual real world dates? So Chris, Claire, Leon, and everyone else is really over 20 years older since their first appearances?

I just figured things was like the world of SF where Ryu and Ken are probably in their mid to late 30's despite the fact that they should be 55 now.
Yes. It's one of the many reasons I love the series.

Funnily, between 1996 and 2002 the series was stuck between June and November of 1998. Then in 2005 RE4 was set in 2005 as well and they kept going on since.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So they took Chris from RE7 and put him into RE2? I mean... Cool, but wouldn't it make more sense to put in a "Resident Evil 1" version of Chris here? It isn't like we need the Chris "I punch boulders because my arms are so freakishly huge!" Redfield from RE5 model here, but it would be like if we found out Jill was also in RE2, but instead of looking like how she did during RE1 or even RE3, she has her attire from RE5.

Jazzkokehead

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I've kept my tone pretty close to my chest, and I don't think the same can be said about you.

What are you even trying to say with "I don't think the same can be said about you"? Are you accusing me of being something I'm not? You made a joke that I thought was in poor taste. I called it out. Are you offended by that somehow?

Last edited:

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the are you even trying to say with "I don't think the same can be said about you"? Are you accusing me of being something I'm not? You made a joke that I thought was in poor taste. I called it out. Are you offended by that somehow?

What I've been trying to say, nicely until now, is that I think you're a histrionic fool and I'm not sure why you think I should care about the opinion of some bozo on the internet. So being true to my word, goodbye.

Jazzkokehead

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What I've been trying to say, nicely until now, is that I think you're a histrionic fool and I'm not sure why you think I should care about the opinion of some bozo on the internet. So being true to my word, goodbye.

So... what I'm reading is that you have you have no defense to what I said, so you're tapping out. Congratulations.

Last edited:

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God I'm so glad Leon at least was able to survive through the new engine massacre.

Chris' reveal in RE7 was so damn shocking for me. RE5 Chris' model is the Chris model. I won't accept anything else. The model for Leon and the in-game counterpart at least is consistent with what we recognize as Leon from RE4 onward. They did an amazing job with REmake2.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
On Re2 remake today i found a letter by Chris Redfield on the stars office mentioning how he scored some chicks at a trip he had.
Just saying because people mentioned on this thread we had no idea of his sexual orientation, but there's that.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
On Re2 remake today i found a letter by Chris Redfield on the stars office mentioning how he scored some chicks at a trip he had.
Just saying because people mentioned on this thread we had no idea of his sexual orientation, but there's that.

Claire comments on it and says that doesn't sound like Chris. lol

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I found on Twitter how Chris should look like in RE7 and RE2 remake:

DwkBBfXXgAMRQrG.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/manueldailly

Retains the features of RE5 and RE6 Chris, but looks more realistic and less caricaturized, fitting well into RE7 and RE2.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
When he said I am Redfield at the end of RE7 I was completely convinced it was some evil Umbrella dude posing as Chris. I literally laughed when I heard it.

Even on the DLC there's not a single character confirming that the dude is indeed Chris Redfield, he talks to a random woman from umbrella on the radio and that's it.

Claire comments on it and says that doesn't sound like Chris. lol

That's because the content of the letter are written in code, probably a message to Barry of "i'm in europe attacking umbrella, get here asap", we know Chris is actually in Europe attacking Umbrella.
Still, even as a cover up, it does present a hint to his sexual orientation.

Last edited:

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So they took Chris from RE7 and put him into RE2? I mean... Cool, but wouldn't it make more sense to put in a "Resident Evil 1" version of Chris here? It isn't like we need the Chris "I punch boulders because my arms are so freakishly huge!" Redfield from RE5 model here, but it would be like if we found out Jill was also in RE2, but instead of looking like how she did during RE1 or even RE3, she has her attire from RE5.

They can't really use old model cause it was not scanned using human face ( required by RE engine ). Maybe they will do some touch up to make him looks younger if he ever appear in REmake2.

Personally I would hope Capcom change their mind and redo his model again in the next game. Just make RE7 non canon.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
They can't really use old model cause it was not scanned using human face ( required by RE engine ). Maybe they will do some touch up to make him looks younger if he ever appear in REmake2.

Personally I would hope Capcom change their mind and redo his model again in the next game. Just make RE7 non canon.
They wouldn't have to de-canonize RE7, just ignore this Chris model and fix it for the next game. Pretend this never happened.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The RE Engine does not require real faces to be scanned in. Using real models/actors is just a stylistic choice.

Well if he's as generic as people feel that he is it shouldn't be difficult to find a model that looks like him. Just need to make some modifications.

I found on Twitter how Chris should look like in RE7 and RE2 remake:

DwkBBfXXgAMRQrG.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/manueldailly

Retains the features of RE5 and RE6 Chris, but looks more realistic and less caricaturized, fitting well into RE7 and RE2.

He looks ok for older Chris but not RE2 remake Chris.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The model in 7 even if it's supposed to older or whatever doesn't look like Chris. Chris can punch a fucking Boulder, that's a joke and all but 7 Chris is such an average joe.

Chris is supposed to be Broly and Leon is goku.
Bulk him the fuck up again capcom.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

He is making out, in Europe (where Claire wents three months later to search for him, making out under an Umbrella with some girls and Berry should stay definitly away and not come, too.

Its a coded message, he is doing research in Europe on the local branch of Umbrella, has most likely to deal with a female Umbrella employee (Alexia Ashford?) and needs help from Berry