Christian Era |OT| W.W.J.D

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Sorry to double-post, but my grandpa from last year is, I'm pretty sure, on his way out. He's decided to stop taking dialysis (which he kinda needed to live), so naturally he's not got long. He's not very comfortable right now-- he keeps having heavy breathing and anxiety and the such. Kinda hoping whoever frequents this thread could send some prayers his way, if nothing else. We've got some anxiety meds for him, we're doing the best we can with worldly means, don't you worry about that... but it's still hard. It's hard for him. He's not a religious man but he's very scared.
I will pray for your Grandpa, as well. Sorry to hear about this.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
He's stopped waking up. He's not dead yet, last I heard (back home already), but I think it's the end soon. Thanks for all your prayers, guys. It was... a rough past couple days.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Let's hope he'll have a sweet end without pain. His Lord is waiting for him. My condoleances, Deffers :(
My mom actually helped him through the first Lord's Prayer he's said in..... like, seventy years. I think he's past pain now. The last thing we did was move him onto his bed and that was... harder than it was most of the previous days just because he'd become so weak. I felt bad because I felt like I was hurting him getting him on there because he wasn't able to help me as much himself as he had prior, so I ended up just trying to soothe him and tell him he was doing fine and I was proud of him. The position I left him in was the position we found him in yesterday morning when we headed home. I got woken up in the night by someone who wasn't there, so I'd like to think it was his angel.

My family tried yelling( let me be clear, it wasn't my idea and I wouldn't have done that and I don't recommend you do that to the dying) today to see if he'd respond at all. Nothing.

EDIT: It's over now. He's gone. God rest him. Thanks again, guys.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My mom actually helped him through the first Lord's Prayer he's said in..... like, seventy years. I think he's past pain now. The last thing we did was move him onto his bed and that was... harder than it was most of the previous days just because he'd become so weak. I felt bad because I felt like I was hurting him getting him on there because he wasn't able to help me as much himself as he had prior, so I ended up just trying to soothe him and tell him he was doing fine and I was proud of him. The position I left him in was the position we found him in yesterday morning when we headed home. I got woken up in the night by someone who wasn't there, so I'd like to think it was his angel.

My family tried yelling( let me be clear, it wasn't my idea and I wouldn't have done that and I don't recommend you do that to the dying) today to see if he'd respond at all. Nothing.

May light perpetual shine upon him, and may God comfort you and his family and friends.

Firefoxprime

Oct 30, 2017
Good to be back, and I spent the last month really reviewing how I live my life for Jesus. I think we're blessed with this space to discuss and share our experiences.

Especially on a platform like ERA. At best we're "tolerated", but I truly believe it's not our job to bible thump folks.

I think two areas we can shine is how we treat the people we know and don't know.

We have to let that love of Jesus flow. I have some great videos to share with you all, and I pray they will encourage you daily 👍😀. (Truth + Love)

Yup, I think you guys are gonna like these videos. Some will include pastor clips, music videos, and a couple secular satirical comedies on current events.

I hear you Deffers. I'm really sorry about your Grandpa passing. I'll be keeping your family in prayer, and I understand this is a new transition for you and your family.

Last edited:

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore

My deepest condolences.

Eternal rest grant onto him O Lord, and may the perpetual light shine on him.

May he rest in peace.

P-Bo

Jun 17, 2019
Guys, I'm currently unemployed and in desperate need of a job. I won't bore you all with details, but I can't understate how desperate I am, and how dire things may possibly get if something doesn't turn up soon. Would it be alright if I asked for prayer from here?

*EDIT* My condolences Deffers--may he rest with the Almighty in eternal peace.

Firefoxprime

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, I'm currently unemployed and in desperate need of a job. I won't bore you all with details, but I can't understate how desperate I am, and how dire things may possibly get if something doesn't turn up soon. Would it be alright if I asked for prayer from here?

*EDIT* My condolences Deffers--may he rest with the Almighty in eternal peace.
Absolutely P-Bo.

Dear Jesus, we know you are the God of miracles. We know you work in mysterious ways.

There are doors only you can close, and doors only you can open. Our friend here P-Bo needs help Jesus.

Your word, says "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
Matthew 6:33 ESV https://bible.com/bible/59/mat.6.33.ESV

Your word also says: ""Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"
Matthew 7:7‭-‬11 ESV https://bible.com/bible/59/mat.7.7-11.ESV

We may not know P-Bo's relationship with you father God nor the specific details of this current situation, but he clearly has a need. Please dear Jesus use this heavy moment in P-Bo's life to draw him closer to you.

You're P-Bo's provider, protector, and redeemer. Allow him to sink deeper into your word. Allow P-Bo to apply your word to his life and give him comfort in your will for his life.

He needs you Jesus. Instead of operating out of fear, allow P-Bo to operate out of FAITH.

Help P-Bo to make the right choices that will honor you, and guide P-Bo through your holy spirit.

Please let this situation be a game changing testimony that P-Bo can share with his friends and family.

Because, when all is said and done. You get the glory father God. Let your will be done in P-Bo's life and continue to use P-Bo in the future to further your kingdom, AMEN!

P-Bo

Jun 17, 2019
Thank you brother. Even though circumstances are not great, your prayers are a true encouragement.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
I thought I'd give a brief update on the reading list I mentioned a while back. I finished the Bart Ehrman book, and I gotta say, I really appreciated it. I don't really see him as having a major anti-religious vibe at all. To me, it's clear that he cares about the textual tradition of the Bible, and I feel like I came away learning a lot. "Misquoting Jesus," if you're curious.

I also got into the Nag Hammadi scriptures... and I gotta say, wow, Gnosticism is WILD. It's like it's alternate dimension mirror-world Christianity and it acknowledges that from time to time in subtle ways. You can read a summary and think you get it, but the scripture has a really arresting, shocking quality when you read it. So that's a neat dive into early Christian history.

Firefoxprime

Oct 30, 2017
Been a wild month folks.

The world is losing its mind, but this too shall pass. Now's the time for us to pray for and calm our families, neighbors, and co-workers.

People will look back to this time and say, "Where were those stupid christians? Where was their god? They were just as scared as we were!!!"

In a time of crisis, the light of Jesus Christ shines the brightest. What are you doing to encourage those closest (but not too close 😗) to you?

If you're a follower of Jesus, how best are you managing the blend?

(Spiritual Encouragement + Practical Living)

There's nuance to this my friends. Stay blessed.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
It's been tough. Staying at home most of the day is making me stir crazy and more irritable than usual.

Trying to balance safety/health precautions with still going out and being social (small gatheringsat a house; not in public) or helping people.

My wife and I have had opportunities this week go grocery shopping for an elderly woman as well as pick up some gifts for some friends that might potentially be going through a miscarriage. We feel like those are the opportunities God has given us to love people in such a difficult time.

It's a difficult balance to strike - social needs versus safety. We need each other, though. People out there need help. We can't leave then behind.