• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody actually likes Christmas music, they just enjoy the nostalgic feelings of Christmas it's associated with. It's only function is to make giant corporations money who can shit out the same 4 songs sung by different performers and make bank off of commercial sales and radio stations playing it constantly. All it is is pure consumerism wrapped with a veneer of wholesomeness. The fact that entire radio stations dedicate themselves to playing only Christmas music is an embarrassment to our society and our musical tastes.

To the people who enjoy Christmas music, Santa wouldve given you coal for your absolute shit taste.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I understand where this comes from, but I don't know what you want to do about it. Because all I want for Christmas...

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
975d7ec9d1c865ed521f2a54a6ad5ba8.jpg

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I like it. Some of ya'll spend too much time on forums. Ditch the cynicism and let some joy into your lives.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I went from hating it to now I can't get enough of it and I'm excited that it's finally the season to listen to it again. We had that shit blaring on 11/1 baby.

MY LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART

THE VERY NEXT DAY

ERA THREW IT AWAYYY

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me, I'm all about the holiday visuals. Hell, I went to the mall yesterday and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go. Take a look at the five and ten, glistening once again, with candy canes and silver lanes aglow.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I like Christmas music because I associate it with the feeling I get around winter time, which is my favorite season.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird calling Christmas music "commercial" when some of it is the closest thing our culture has to "folk" music so to speak. Right up there with the Star Spangled Banner you've got stuff like Jingle Bells that no major music publisher touched.

You're only getting "joy" from it because marketers, corporations, and other capitalists tell you that you should like this otherwise nothing music. It's like a Pavlovian response

This is some "joy is an illusion and nothing but chemical reactions in the brain" response.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
To be fair there is one christmas song I unironically enjoy listening to and even listen to it throughout the year.

The rest though? Yeah, they're shit and annoying.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
lol ok I guess. I personally love Christmas music. the holidays are my favorite time of the year.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The music is great, Christmas in the most wonderful time of the year, and you have no heart.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I love giving people gifts.

I don't like constant repetitions though, so hearing the same songs more than a few times a week eats at me.

Something like Dec 14th - 25th, I'm good with hearing it every day.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like you'd be hearing good music in it's place anyway

I like Christmas music but only between December 1st and January 2nd :P

negreenfield

Oct 25, 2017
I went from hating it to now I can't get enough of it and I'm excited that it's finally the season to listen to it again. We had that shit blaring on 11/1 baby.

MY LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART

THE VERY NEXT DAY

ERA THREW IT AWAYYY
This right here.

Let it go OP, get into the spirit with the rest of us. Life's too short to hate Christmas and Christmas music.

That's it, I'm queuing up my Christmas playlist right now!

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I like modern covers of Christmas songs; Rogue Wave in particular has a cover of Jingle Bells I like a lot.

The original songs though? Keep em. I'm not tryna hear some shit made back when Jim Crow laws were still a thing.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
My favorite parts of Christmas have had nothing to do with consumerism so I'm sad the OP's experiences have been so trite and disposable.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I like it. I always have a playlist ready for the holiday season, similar to Halloween (two favorite holiday seasons). My playlist consists of holiday classics, newer songs and all Tchaikovsky's pieces from The Nutcracker.

Wife's been blasting Sia's Candy Cane Lane and I gotta be honest, I love the song!!! A "new holiday classic" IMO!!! Come fight me!

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Christmas ain't Christmas without sleigh bells and where the hell else am I supposed to hear those?

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP has a heart of coal. We don't spend crazy amounts of money during Christmas, our family just likes the season/music because it takes us back to our childhoods.

But congrats to all of you who hate it, I guess? I'm sorry you're miserable 24/7.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate traditional Christmas music. One thing I enjoy are Christmas-themed remixes that some producers do for their compilations released around the time: that shit is fun to listen to during the Christmas holidays, can't deny that.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't tend to like the overplayed stuff in the stores.

But every year I listen to Sufjan Stevens collection of Christmas tunes while we put up the tree.