• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dzxj6wNUUAEnCYp

Tickets go on sale 10 AM local time.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Day after I leave town, nooooo ;~;

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had the first Chromatics album on vinyl back in the day, full of no wave inspired post punk. They've come a long way!

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I'll be going for sure.

Does this mean the album might actually be coming out? By May, even?

Last edited:

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Got my ticket for Montreal. So happy the show landed on a Saturday.

Now the three months wait begins.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing them in SD. Wonder how many changes Dear Tommy has gone through, or if they just say on it for like 5 years.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
Yes they are?

Got my tickets for Antwerp! Last time I saw them was in 2012 or 2013 in Ghent. Couldn't have been more than 100 or 200 people. Great experience.

Squid Lord

Nov 28, 2017
Saw them on their first night of the tour at the Observatory and on my birthday too. Needless to say it was quite special. Megan Louise afterwards @ replied me a happy b-day on Twitter. 😍 Desire surprised me most! Her set was so energetic. And of course Chromatics was spectacular. I almost wanted to go to the Wiltern show in LA next, but I wasn't able to. I hope their next tour brings along Glass Candy. Still need to see them next.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw them on their first night of the tour at the Observatory and on my birthday too. Needless to say it was quite special. Megan Louise afterwards @ replied me a happy b-day on Twitter. 😍 Desire surprised me most! Her set was so energetic. And of course Chromatics was spectacular. I almost wanted to go to the Wiltern show in LA next, but I wasn't able to. I hope their next tour brings along Glass Candy. Still need to see them next.
You might have seen me there...

But that show was great. I loved the fact Johnny stuck around afterwards to help the tech guys break down and pack the instruments. That was a real stand-up move by him.

Squid Lord

Nov 28, 2017
You might have seen me there...

But that show was great. I loved the fact Johnny stuck around afterwards to help the tech guys break down and pack the instruments. That was a real stand-up move by him.

Oh, nice. I took my wife, who is one of those radio hits type and not into indie stuff, but she loved the show. Johnny seems like such a constant professional and unassuming. The music speaks for itself.

Did you notice if they played anything new? They played "Time Rider," but my friend and I were trying to notice if they played a song we didn't recognize, but I don't think so.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you notice if they played anything new? They played "Time Rider," but my friend and I were trying to notice if they played a song we didn't recognize, but I don't think so.
Nothing new, iirc. "Blue Girl", "I Can Never Be Myself When You're Around", bits of an interlude on the Camera EP, and "Time Rider."

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
The Montreal show was wonderful. Loved the experimentation, lighting and screens. Utterly mesmerizing experience. Johnny's little speech about their history with the city and what it means to them was very sweet.

Not sure I can ever forgive myself for missing Desire though.

Last edited:

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Saw them in Boston couple Fridays back and brought the girl I've been dating for the past few months. She wasn't super familiar with them before but we both loved it, basically were dancing the whole time. Desire was kicking ass with the disco feel and Chromatics crushed it. Amazing show

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
The Montreal show was wonderful. Loved the experimentation, lighting and screens. Utterly mesmerizing experience. Johnny's little speech about their history with the city and what it means to them was very sweet.

Not sure I can ever forgive myself for missing Desire though.

Damn, you missed Desire? You shouldn't forgive yourself. Anyone at the Montreal show catch Tess Roby? I caught the tour in Boston, and wanted to drive up to see them again for Tess Roby, but Weyes Blood was playing at a local venue so I had to choose.

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
Seeing them tonight! I missed them the last time that they were touring which was for what, After Dark 2? I thought for sure we were finally going to get Dear Tommy with this tour, but I guess there's always more work for Johnny to do before it's perfect.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing them tonight! I missed them the last time that they were touring which was for what, After Dark 2? I thought for sure we were finally going to get Dear Tommy with this tour, but I guess there's always more work for Johnny to do before it's perfect.
Johnny/whoever runs the IDIB Instagram said that the album is scheduled to drop between the US and Europe tours, so sometime between June and October was the current time frame.
CnrzN3b.png

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Saw them in Boston couple Fridays back and brought the girl I've been dating for the past few months. She wasn't super familiar with them before but we both loved it, basically were dancing the whole time. Desire was kicking ass with the disco feel and Chromatics crushed it. Amazing show
I was there too! Good show, just wish it'd been a little longer.

Was it my imagination or could the singer of In Mirrors like...not really sing?

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Been a fan since 2012's Kill for Love (also one of my favorite albums of all the time). I love Ruth, love Johnny Jewel's creative style.

I couldn't go see them in NY on 5/20 or 21 because of my course work, but I was happy to give cash to one of the greatest indie acts ever.

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
He was pretty bad. We were cringing the whole set

Lol, same observation from our group from the Wiltern show. We were really surprised at how bad it was, like how did they get the opening spot bad.

Desire covered new order which was cool.

Chromatics were awesome! Probably made even better in comparison to the bad performance by in mirrors