• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Amanita Design said:
CHUCHEL IS COMING TO WINDOWS PC & MAC MARCH 7!

CHUCHEL is an upcoming comedy adventure game from Amanita Design, creators of Machinarium and Botanicula, where fun is number one. Help Chuchel to chase down the mysterious villain and retrieve his cherished cherry! Outsmart the Pool Monster, escape frenzied Pac-Men and master the bird race. Join forces with Chuchel's buddy Kekel and show the mischievous Chrchel that stealing cherries is wrong.

The reward? A hearty situational humor, wild music and sounds by the band DVA and hundreds of hilarious animations that warm up even the coldest of souls. Plus cherries.

The trailer's a week old but I haven't seen any threads about it yet so I thought I'd make one.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
The Samorost games and Machinarium are probably my favorite point-and-click adventure games ever, but something about the wacky main character and the sparse backgrounds have me not quite as excited for this one. Still, I'm sure I'll pick it up, and I'm hopeful it'll grab me.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
I do love Amanita, don't get me wrong, but I wish they would go back to the Machinarium type of games where puzzles are the main focus.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews are going up

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/06/chuchel-review
Chuchel is a creation of pure joy, an absolute masterclass in silliness, with pleasingly involved puzzles to boot. It's a giant cuddle of a game, interesting to all ages, and with a manic edge that never slows down.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-chuchel-492961.phtml
I can't say I've ever heard of CHUCHEL before I accepted this review. A code appeared for us describing a cool soundtrack and hunting for cherries, but it wasn't until someone replied saying Amanita Design was behind the game that my interest got piqued. Machinarium is basically comfort food to me, so I had to give this game a try.

I'm very glad I did, too, because CHUCHEL is a quirky, funny, brilliantly paced adventure game that had me smiling every step of the way.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/chuchel-review/
Amanita Design's attempt to make a comedy game using their point-and-click adventure formula succeeds. By blending singular hand-drawn illustration and animation styles with time-tested comedic tropes, CHUCHEL, while never quite reaching laugh out loud heights, made me smile in a way few games ever do.

Oct 27, 2017
samorost 3 was a top 3 of 2016 for me so this is probably one of my most anticipated this year since I love amanita (as far as adventure games go, probably #2 right behind council of the crows).

one of the first songs from the soundtrack was recently uploaded and it's kinda nutso

Last edited:

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
I love Amanita Design's games! Though op, I do think you need a bit more context as to what the game is all about, in the thread title... I nearly skipped it and this is the kind of thing that would be real interesting to me and a lot of other Amanita fans.