• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beefing: v.: to be in conflict with someone.

It all started when Marshmello released a song with Chris Brown and Tyga.

CHVRCHES then put this out on Twitter:

D5K8J9CW4AELSfn.jpg

However, people were quick to note, Marshmello had teased this song way back in October, well before CHVRCHES and him collaborated on their single, and responded with comments calling out the group for their supposed hypocrisy.

In either case, Chris Brown responded today with his usual charming demeanor:
D5K7xmHW0AEd73E

D5K-sTiWAAQai7P

Marshmello has said nothing, and likely will continue to say nothing to avoid fucking up his bag.

crotchett

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Marshmallow's brand of EDM makes me throw up whenever I listen to it. Worst (least technically proficient) producer to ever make it, imo.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I love Chvrches, but why would anyone expect a DJ, of all people, to have a strong moral code? Most DJs ooze sleaze.

Jul 19, 2018
What should Chris Brown do? Would people be happier if he killed himself? Should we not allow him to grow change into a better person? I get disliking him or not listening to his music anymore, but dude hasn't done wild shit in years.

He's deservedly tarred for his past behaviour, and how do you know what he's been up to for the last few years anyway? Based on his response here he's still a fucking bellend.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Does a speeding bus full of mental patients hit you harder? What if the driver is being careful so the mental patients get to the place where they can be cared for

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What should Chris Brown do? Would people be happier if he killed himself? Should we not allow him to grow change into a better person? I get disliking him or not listening to his music anymore, but dude hasn't done wild shit in years.
Going by that tweet it doesn't seem like he's grown any.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
he was accused of rape in January of this year

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
this is what happens if you don't give a shit with who you work with
marshmello is literally collabing with every single person on earth if he can make some bucks

Do your research before working with somebody.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Lauren from chvrches has been getting death and rape threats on Instagram since this all started as well.

I think the stance they are taking is the correct one and if they had known about the collar before they'd maybe have passed on their own one.

did you just gloss over his tweet in the op
Going by that tweet it doesn't seem like he's grown any.

Of course, he's still an idiot, but people holding onto this animosity against him for years when even Rihanna has forgiven him is a bit wild. Let the dude do what he does, his music barely charts anyways. "Beef" like this only makes him more relevant, let dude fade away into obscurity.

has he changed tho? lmfao

I meant more in terms of hitting women and just being a violent individual, clearly though he's still a moron.

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017

Nah, fuck him. He's trash, how he still has fans is beyond me.

Deleted member 33319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I have a lot of takeaways from this.
Chvrches has been one of my fav bands of this decade but I feel the move to work with Marshmello was a bit of an attempt to stay relevant by attaching to someone who is.
I hate hate hate Marshmello. Idk if any of y'all know the whole Fire Fest/Fortnite drama (not 'fyre' fest that most people know) but I fully believe mello appropriates queer Edm culture for a whitewashed crowd.
I'm stoked that chvrches are cutting ties but it was v painful to see them work with that dbag in the first place.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
what connection does chvrches have with marshmello that they need to condemn his actions?

Oct 25, 2017

Lol, bro... has he shown any signs of positive change?

Reflect, then edit your post accordingly.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
what connection does chvrches have with marshmello that they need to condemn his actions?
They did a song with him recently, very recently.

Also I think it's entirely possible that Chvrches didn't see or know about that tease on Twitter of Marshmello collaborating with them, and didn't know until now. Good on Chvrches for dragging them.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, after seeing that comment from Chris now I see why in some of the hate messages Lauren posted they were accusing her of being a racist.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chris Brown is absolute trash, glad Chvrches spoke up but they really shouldn't have collaborated in the first place. It was such a weird move, most likely pushed by the label.

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017
They did a song with him recently, very recently.

Also I think it's entirely possible that Chvrches didn't see or know about that tease on Twitter of Marshmello collaborating with them, and didn't know until now. Good on Chvrches for dragging them.

That's what I believe too.

Chvrches doesn't strike me as the kind of band that would collab with Mello knowing he's working with Chris Brown, only to call him out once their song is released.

Maybe I'm biased since I'm a fan of them, but I've been following Lauren's instagram for a while now and she seems like a really great person, as do Martin and Iain.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, he actually tried to make it into a race thing. No Chris Brown, it's because you beat women. Fucking idiot.