• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
My gf hates it, tastes awful to her. Myself, I sort of don't really taste it usually, like I have no idea why they even bother putting it into so much stuff. When I get a really large mouthful of the stuff it's not great for me either. I just don't see the point.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
This really illustrates how few people actually read threads before responding. "You have shitty taste." "You can't cook." "You're using it wrong." Literally 3 of the first 5 posts tell you it's genetic (along with multiple posts on every page).

I don't think coriander affects me the same way, though I sadly don't eat Indian often enough to check.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
one of the worst experiences of my life is when i dined at a high end "sushi restaurant" that basically serves fried shit slopped atop of rice. amurrica

anyway a server got orders confused and i chowed into sea bass with cilantro smeared on top. why they even had such a thing on the menu i have no idea but it tasted like death

Fakto

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't like it before 30 ... but is a flavor that I lerned to love. It grows on you.
There are some preparations that can't go without it.
Same with parsley.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Too much kind of tastes like soap to me - I guess it's genetic, but I don't mind it in salsa and guac.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I used to love it.

One day, the gene activated and it tasted awful and I didn't know why. Fuck cilantro. I love it and can't eat it anymore.

sephghast

Oct 25, 2017
I tasted it as soap too, but i brute forced it and started to love it.

ONION AND CILANTRO ON TACOS IS THE BEST

Zona

Oct 27, 2017
I have the gene that makes it taste like soap. I hate when I forget to ask a place to leave it out, I end up with an amazing meal that someone gently grated a dove bar over the top of.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Whoa, I didn't know there cilantro soap thing was actually true. Poor souls. Tacos are godtier with this.