PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
A good showing for Ronin. That's about all I can ask for. Rebirth also seems to be doing decently, albeit not explosively well.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good to see Dragon's Dogma II doing well & Tekken 8 hanging in there. A shame that Peach Showtime didn't really take off, she deserves better.

EDIT: Almost forgot that it's only physical for Peach, paints a better picture for her than I originally feared.

Last edited:

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
For all the doom and gloom, I expected Rebirth to do a lot worse...

Granted I wish it'd do better, but 7th isn't the end of the world.

Hazz3r

AVALANCHE
Nov 3, 2017
I love that Elden Ring is basically the new Skyrim. Two years since release and it still keeps selling and selling and selling. Especially given the Expansion coming out in just over a month, I'm curious how long it'll stay in the charts!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
MLB The Show stays a best seller year after year. My god.

Just glancing and having no real insight, it doesn't look like sales really increased after going multi platform? It always launching on Game Pass doesn't help but still.

Wonder if Sony will ever put it on PC.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Vanillaware in the top 10 of NPD

GFLjEXlW4AAnfZf.jpg:large

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
Unicorn Overlord charted, that seems good? Also wonder if there is a chance for Helldivers to end up the best selling title of the year, it's gonna be hard with CoD and lower price but it's still crazy seeing it up there.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I think Mat meant to say hardware fell in March as this is the March period not February.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia

Det

Jul 30, 2020
MLB The Show stays a best seller year after year. My god.

Just glancing and having no real insight, it doesn't look like sales really increased after going multi platform? It always launching on Game Pass doesn't help but still.

Wonder if Sony will ever put it on PC.

Digital MLB sales on Xbox & Switch aren't included so we don't really know. But I imagine GP on Xbox accounts for the majority of that player-base, which is another factor muddying sales charts as they don't include "deal" revenue if looking purely on an ROI basis i.e., any games on GP/PS+ etc.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Dogma 2 selling more than Rebirth YTD is not something I'd ever envisioning putting on my bingo card.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Mat also clarified that the dual Pack for remake isn't included into that dollar amount for rebirth

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff seeing Rise of the Ronin and Unicorn Overlord in the top 10.

I love that Elden Ring is basically the new Skyrim. Two years since release and it still keeps selling and selling and selling. Especially given the Expansion coming out in just over a month, I'm curious how long it'll stay in the charts!

I do remember around launch people saying it was going to be an evergreen title and it sure seems that way lol

Jul 2, 2021
Massive sales for Helldivers 2.
What a surprise hit for Sony and Arrowhead. Damn.

PS5 and Switch hardware are doing fine.
The PS5 had a record breaking month in 2023 and the Switch punched above it's weight last year. Overall both are doing pretty good.

Now announce the PS5 Pro and the Switch 2 already. Lol. I need them.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
For all the doom and gloom, I expected Rebirth to do a lot worse...

Granted I wish it'd do better, but 7th isn't the end of the world.
Yeah, it's doing just fine, but it should be better. I think this just really highlights that Final Fantasy needs to expand its platform presence. FFVII Rebirth should have released on PS5 and PC simultaneously at launch.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
HD2 is crazy lol.

DD2 seems to be doing well, probably quite close to Rebirth. Ronin doing not bad.

Rebirth doing pretty decent for a sequel of a remake, hopefully it'll continue selling more once it's out on PC.

Wonder where FF16 is on the ranking currently. Can't really compare with the top 3 as they're lifetime sales.
Probably behind Remake.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
DD2 easily outselling Rebirth is wild.

Also, I think we've known XV was the highest selling for a while, but I forgot. That's kind of wild to me, too.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Digital MLB sales on Xbox & Switch aren't included so we don't really know. But I imagine GP on Xbox accounts for the majority of that player-base, which is another factor muddying sales charts as they don't include "deal" revenue if looking purely on an ROI basis i.e., any games on GP/PS+ etc.
Yeah, agree its too many variables.

Still, it's nice to see it still being a big seller on PlayStation after going multi platform. Makes the madness surrounding that news even more hilarious in hindsight, lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, safe to say that DD2 was a hit. Hell, Capcom even said as much. Itsuno pretty much has a free license to do whatever he wants at this point.

Maybe next time they can make a game with actual ideas beyond "how can we annoy the player as much as possible and waste huge amounts of their time with repetition and bland combat encounters?"

DD2 is literally the most disappointed I've been in a big sequel to a video game in like a decade. Shocking how little the game has grown since the original.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah, agree its too many variables.

Still, it's nice to see it all being a big seller on PlayStation after going multi platform. Makes the madness surrounding that news even more hilarious in hindsight, lol

To your original question, it should go to PC. Surprised it hasn't yet; hopefully soon even though sports games don't do as well on PC from what I can tell? Still, another avenue vector regardless. And throw it on mobile.

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Ronin had a pretty decent launch, glad to hear it.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Maybe next time they can make a game with actual ideas beyond "how can we annoy the player as much as possible and waste huge amounts of their time with repetition and bland combat encounters?"

DD2 is literally the most disappointed I've been in a big sequel to a video game in like a decade. Shocking how little the game has grown since the original.

I thoroughly enjoyed it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man, the DualSense just keeps selling, huh? I ended up getting one a few months ago, but I seriously thought it wouldn't take off. Wonder how the Portal is doing.

Rise of the Ronin… I'll get that one soonish.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a normal drop for Rebirth but obviously the launch wasn't fantastic. Just gonna have to hope the late tail (once the trilogy is complete )and holiday sales are a little bit better for Rebirth, plus PC.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
This paints a pretty dire picture of the new release market. Skull and Bones and Suicide Squad charting as high as they are kinda puts things in perspective. I know they won't but i wish this chart would be steam style either revenue with add ons, or just units. Instead its just dollars but not add ons.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Unicorn Overlord did so good, being top 2 on switch wasnt expected at all

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
Rebirth not doing bad considering it's only on one platform and not accounting the dual pack. All that doom and gloom for nothing.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
Nice work, Arisen!

I imagine legs will be very short due to performance in release, but it's still great to see it already outdo the first game.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Mat also clarified that the dual Pack for remake isn't included into that dollar amount for rebirth

This is nuts and deserves to be highlighted more lol. Like, pretty much everyone I know bought that version after buying the physical part 1. It made no sense not to when going digital.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
A shame that Peach Showtime didn't really take off, she deserves better.

EDIT: Almost forgot that it's only physical for Peach, paints a better picture for her than I originally feared.

Either way it's the top Switch game and 6th overall, that's not too bad for a "new" series. Based on this and the JPN sales it'll probably be a bit north of 1 million sold by the end, which is something Nintendo can probably work with.

I was actually expecting DD2 to explode and do Elden Ring numbers based on the previews. Unfortunate that the reviews and release wasn't smooth sailing.
It'll definitely make for an interesting YTD sales battle between it and Rebirth, at least. The WOM on DD2 isn't nearly as glowing as you might have expected, so putting that up against a game battling lack of interest makes for some intrigue. Not a terribly important thing, but some fun can be had there.