• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
What i think about it, is that there are already many media around (video games - magazine - comics and so on) that show ciri as a white girl.
I don't really understand why, they should change it in this way.

The fans the community and every author that worked on that media has a right to be piss off in my opinion.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I´m not racist, but well, if you are fan from Books, you expect the series being the most accurate possible, Ciri is very white on the books so this is not accurate.

I would be equally angry if they does a new Street Fighter Movie, and Ryu is white or black. Ryu is Japanese on the game, so a asian guy should be Ryu on a movie.

On 2018 internet and people are so shitty that fans angry with this stupid decisions are categorized as racist. People who see racism on all debates, probably are more racist than the people they are judging like racist.
Not sure if serious. This is eight bingos in one post!

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I´m not racist, but

Hot tip, don't start posts like that cuz....

I´m not racist, but well, if you are fan from Books, you expect the series being the most accurate possible, Ciri is very white on the books so this is not accurate.

I would be equally angry if they does a new Street Fighter Movie, and Ryu is white or black. Ryu is Japanese on the game, so a asian guy should be Ryu on a movie.

On 2018 internet and people are so shitty that fans angry with this stupid decisions are categorized as racist. People who see racism on all debates, probably are more racist than the people they are judging like racist.

Adapted material makes changes to things all the time; sometimes to cut costs, sometimes to "fit" shorter run times (where books are simply able to be way more detailed than film could allot). If Netflix is footing the bill[?] then they got bigger fish to fry to keep in mind their show's massive audiences an reach; if casting a fictional role for a fictional country means a race change, the option to appeal to PoC's I'm sure is enticing for what's otherwise a very white-dominated series. Netflix has been pretty great about creating content that includes a number of newly discovered and seasoned talent from folks of many backgrounds and skin-tones (so this is par for course for them).

Ryu is a Japanese man, he OUGHT to be played by Japanese man. Ciri is...well, someone else said it better

I agree. Ciri should only be played by an actual Cintrian with elder blood.

The reason people are flinging the "R" word around is because people are literally citing nothing more than skin colour as the reason for their grievance. We literally don't know who will be cast, if she'll be a good actress for the part, or if the series itself will be good.... Literally the only "problem" is that skin colour (even more alarming is the amount who presume it's going to be a "black Ciri" when BAME would imply more than just the one possibility, but a lot of folk default to 'black' as the 'bad')

vkbest

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Adapted material makes changes to things all the time; sometimes to cut costs, sometimes to "fit" shorter run times (where books are simply able to be way more detailed than film could allot). If Netflix is footing the bill[?] then they got bigger fish to fry to keep in mind their show's massive audiences an reach; if casting a fictional role for a fictional country means a race change, the option to appeal to PoC's I'm sure is enticing for what's otherwise a very white-dominated series. Hell, Ciri's casting isn't even for a main character role.

Ryu is a Japanese man, he OUGHT to be played by Japanese man. Ciri is...well, someone else said it better

Ciri is described on the book like white (even pale sometimes) and green eyes.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ciri is described on the book like white (even pale sometimes) and green eyes.

alright. go tell netflix that. Then tell whoever they cast that "Ciri is supposed to be white".

What kills me is that y'all don't CARE you're being hurtful. And that's why that evil "racist" word is being thrown around is because you all literally don't care about the rare chance for another race gets to play the hero.

You know that black cosplayers CONSTANTLY get harassed for "not being the right skintone" of the heroes they dress up as right?

Let's talk about how much junk gets changed for every Marvel adaption. For each Harry Potter book. For the Lord of the Rings (and that disgraceful set of Hobbit flicks).

But again.... the focus here is just race.

People are annoyed with these response because instead of wondering how the show will turn out, they're hung up SOLELY on this not-yet-cast person's skin colour.

Will your life sincerely be ruined by this decision? Cuz I highly doubt it.

I'm a white girl with some polish blood in my veins and I do not give a damn about the race of this character. I just can't wait to see a live action Witcher series.

I have read them all, and i can confirm it.
Will search the page.

I'm not sure about the "white part" but i'm 200% sure that is described as "PALE".

Hell she still might be ""light-skinned"" if they cast an Asian actress. Would that appease you? Or does she literally have to be a Caucasian woman?

If the co-main character of a show's defining characteristic is her skin color then they should rethink the adaptation altogether because that sounds terrible.

Has that actually happened? I thought getting Henry Cavill as the star was one of the "big draws". It's the internet making a big deal of Ciri's "controversial casting". The other being it's a live action show of a popular vieogame franchise run by one of the bigger streaming services.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
If the co-main character of a show's defining characteristic is her skin color then they should rethink the adaptation altogether because that sounds terrible.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I have read them all, and i can confirm it.
Will search the page.

I'm not sure about the "white part" but i'm 200% sure that is described as "PALE".
Are you aware that more than just caucasian people can be pale?

It's not. It has functionally zero bearing on her character.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
If she is pale, i'm 100% ok on whichever race she will be.

But i still never seen an afro american "pale" person in my life.

Oct 27, 2017
She hasn't even been cast yet the rage is clear and immediate. And people have the audacity to post "I'm not racist but...!"

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If she is pale, i'm 100% of with whichever race she will be.

But i still never seen an afro american "pale" person.

latest

beyonce-shops-at-target-t.jpg

zendaya.jpg

??

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
oooh so you'd be into a BAME-cast Ciri?? :D
My first blush reaction to the news in this thread was
If Ciri's defining feature was that she was white, that means she is a terrible character and I would never watch a show where she was a lead in it.

This is just another in a long line of 'geek' things that people are using to showcase their intolerance and insecurity under the guise of valuing 'accuracy'. This is just the latest thing I enjoy being corrupted by garbage people.

vkbest

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Where. Take a picture of the page. Don't just rely on what racist parts of Reddit and Twitter tell you.

Have you even read the books?

I can't say you the page because I don't remember, but im sure the book was "Sword of Destiny". I read on Spanish, maybe the translation was bad, but English is not the original language on the book too. So maybe we should check the books on Polish.

Anyway, I like Witcher, but Im not fan, I don't have Netflix and I don't take care if they using black, asian, white or blue person for Ciri.

I only think people quickly see racism, machismo (is this word exist on English? Im not sure) on everything.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017

So you're okay with the multiple liberties that TW3 takes, which give a completely different impression of the world and its characters compared to the vision of Andrzej Sapkowski? Because the books main conflict is that of man vs nature, everything is coated with irony, and there is the constant feeling of helplessness, with Geralt, Ciri an even Yennefer being vulnerable to the intrigues of the big political powers of the continent. Here, Geralt is a power fantasy that has the fate in the world and the Northern Kingdoms in his own hands, that went from grumpy old man tired of everything (books) to cool father that gets into a snowbattle with Ciri because "oh my, she is sad, lets do something to cheer her up".

Furthermore, everything in The Witcher, from profecies to the white frost is explained with relatively consistent scientific ideas, which isn't respected in the game. The White Frost is the consequence of climate change, not the result of the Wild Hunt presence, and the impact of humanity spreading and "winning over nature" means that monster count has lowered so much that in a few decades Witchers may as well not be necessary at all. However, this is thrown to the window, because how boring would it be if there wasn't a couple of contracts in every town in the game?

Seemingly, this all didn't matter because CD Projekt did the GOTG and Sapkowski an old angry dude that is salty and doesn't deserve anything more than ridicule since he made a bad deal 10 years ago. But now, the author intent does matter, because as opposed to 2 years ago, it fits my own agenda.

If not racist, this whole turn of events at least shows a ridiculous amount of cinism and double standards among the fans of The Witcher videogames. People is throwing accuracy everywhere, when the games themselves aren't and were never consistent with the actual canon and that was never a problem to them. This is ridiculous.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Let's be honest folks.
There is only 1 character that needs to be 100% accurate to the games.

No, it's not Ciri.
Not, it's not Geralt.
No, it's not Yennefer, Vesemir or Triss.

The one and only character that needs to be accurate to the games is this bad boy right here:

the-witcher-3-roach.jpg

Anyone else is just playing 2nd fiddle to Roach anyway, so who cares!?

--

Seriously, why is skin colour in this an issue? Let the show be whatever it wants to be.

vkbest

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
So you're okay with the multiple liberties that TW3 takes, which give a completely different impression of the world and its characters compared to the vision of Andrzej Sapkowski? Because the books main conflict is that of man vs nature, everything is coated with irony, and there is the constant feeling of helplessness, with Geralt, Ciri an even Yennefer being vulnerable to the intrigues of the big political powers of the continent. Here, Geralt is a power fantasy that has the fate in the world and the Northern Kingdoms in his own hands, that went from grumpy old man tired of everything (books) to cool father that gets into a snowbattle with Ciri because "oh my, she is sad, lets do something to cheer her up".

Furthermore, everything in The Witcher, from profecies to the white frost is explained with relatively consistent scientific ideas, which isn't respected in the game. The White Frost is the consequence of climate change, not the result of the Wild Hunt presence, and the impact of humanity spreading and "winning over nature" means that monster count has lowered so much that in a few decades Witchers may as well not be necessary at all. However, this is thrown to the window, because how boring would it be if there wasn't a couple of contracts in every town in the game?

Seemingly, this all didn't matter because CD Projekt did the GOTG and Sapkowski an old angry dude that is salty and doesn't deserve anything more than ridicule since he made a bad deal 10 years ago. But now, the author intent does matter, because as opposed to 2 years ago, it fits my own agenda.

If not racist, this whole turn of events at least shows a ridiculous amount of cinism and double standards among the fans of The Witcher videogames. People is throwing accuracy everywhere, when the games themselves aren't and were never consistent with the actual canon and that was never a problem to them. This is ridiculous.

I said Im not fan from the book or the game. I considered the game like a spinoff, and I will consider the series like a spinoff too. But I can understand people who want some similar

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Let's be honest folks.

No, it's not Ciri.
Not, it's not Geralt.

The one and only character that needs to be accurate to the games is this bad boy right here:

the-witcher-3-roach.jpg

--

Seriously, why is skin colour in this an issue? Let the show be whatever it wants to be.

My fav Roach art:
roach_witcher3_cdprojekt_1114x1600_marked.jpg

Agreed on spoiler: Let the people/viewers decide

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I can't say you the page because I don't remember, but im sure the book was "Sword of Destiny". I read on Spanish, maybe the translation was bad, but English is not the original language on the book too. So maybe we should check the books on Polish.

Anyway, I like Witcher, but Im not fan, I don't have Netflix and I don't take care if they using black, asian, white or blue person for Ciri.

I only think people quickly see racism, machismo (is this word exist on English? Im not sure) on everything.
You don't have to see racism everywhere. Just because someone is casting Ciri as an actress who is not predominantly white doesn't make them racist for doing so, and you shouldn't see it as such.

On the last page you said "I would be equally angry if they does a new Street Fighter Movie", so you can see why people thought you were upset by this. Now you're saying "I don't take care if they using black, asian, white or blue person for Ciri."

One of those is a lie.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I've gotten used to her as depicted in the games, but why not? What's interesting is that her genealogy is a key part of her character. That could lend itself to some particularly interesting developments in the context that non-human races face the kind of bigoted xenophobia we associate with religions and ethnicities in the real world.

Her mother's line features non-human blood, that's particularly of interest to certain 'purity' obsessed non-humans. On top of that, (story spoilers)
her father is the ruler of a nation where slavery is legal.
So the showrunners will have some intriguing choices to make in terms of her mother and father's ethnicity that will probably affect a number of casting decisions.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Personally, I think a TV series based on a book is its own thing, it doesn't need to follow the source material to the letter. It is based on something, but it is up to the authors to create their own interpretation of something. I like to give the example of Idris Elba that was considered (maybe still is) for the role of James Bond. I think he's great, and I think he would make Bond his own, bringing something new to the role. I really don't care what his skin color is - he is a really cool actor, and I can just see him as 007. I really believe that people who considered him for the titular role weren'te filling up any quota or anything, they were looking for the best James Bond for their vision of James Bond.

With Ciri - if they found a great actress for the role, that best fits in their vision of the character, it just doesn't matter what the color of their skin is. Not sure this was the case here, though, as - if I understood it correctly - they still didn't find anyone for the role, they just decided that they should be of a certain race - which makes me question the choice a bit. Now, I will give them the benefit of the doubt - perhaps they do have a good narrative reason for that. What worries me, however, is that perhaps the reason for this change is just to cross something off a list, like, you have to have certain things in a modern, major TV show. For example: "We need at least 30% women in a show" is not the way to do things. "Women can be absolutely fantastic characters, so let's make some really good ones", however, is.

The reason I have a problem with this is not because I don't think various people should be represented and find heroes in the entertainment around them - because I think it's really cool to have that. What worries me is that these types of decisions are almost coming down to some automatism which, honestly, disrespects the very races of people that you are trying to include. It also seems to follow just what USA audences believe is inclusion. As someone who is a Slav from Eastern Europe, I can't remember the last time anyone from this region was represented in way other than being an ex-soldier, terrorist or a refugee. In fact, Witcher is one of the few globally popular series that actually celebrate this culture. Please note - I don't really care about any of that - I couldn't care less if the new Witcher show is about Slavs or Hungarians or African-Americans, as long as it's good. But I am noticing a bit of a hypocrisy when it comes to inclusion - it seems certain groups are more entitled to representation these days, just because they live in the USA. Maybe I'm wrong. Again, I certainly like the idea of young people of various races, genders, ethnicities finding their heroes in modern entertainment. I hope you understand the subtle differences I'm talking about.

Again, not saying this is what they did here, I think we need to see the show before deciding. And I am really excited about the show! But I am sceptical of modern TV shows in this regard, because I do think some of them are just crossing things off a list rather than caring about actual people - of any skin color - or caring about the story. But hey, let's watch the show and see how it goes. Let's trust the authors have some great ideas!

P.S. Actually, while we're talking about her, I was hoping Ciri was of the same age like in the game, they seem to be going for someone younger.

Last edited:

joylevel11

Banned
May 19, 2018
Let's be honest folks.

No, it's not Ciri.
Not, it's not Geralt.

the-witcher-3-roach.jpg

--

roach is female. at least the one in Witcher 3. not sure about other horses he's owned (he calls them all Roach). i hope they somehow can make Roach a bit goofy in the show but i doubt it.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know your heart is in the right place but people might read that and think you're against WoC Ciri. Might rephrase it so people would know you're criticizing the writing of the books.

What i think about it, is that there are already many media around (video games - magazine - comics and so on) that show ciri as a white girl.
I don't really understand why, they should change it in this way.

The fans the community and every author that worked on that media has a right to be piss off in my opinion.

This keeps getting repeated in every page and it's getting tiring. Sapkowski is fine with it, and what do you mean by "every other author that worked on it"? As far as I know, no one at CDPR came out against this decision. And you'd be lucky if this doesn't influence the next Witcher game if the Netflix series takes off, especially with CDPR getting blasted for the lack of minority representation in the game and with the industry moving forward in that regard.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
if I understood it correctly - they still didn't find anyone for the role, they just decided that they should be of a certain race - which makes me question the choice a bit. Now, I will give them the benefit of the doubt - perhaps they do have a good narrative reason for that. What worries me, however, is that perhaps the reason for this change is just to cross something off a list, like, you have to have certain things in a modern, major TV show. For example: "We need at least 30% women in a show" is not the way to do things. "Women can be absolutely fantastic characters, so let's make some really good ones", however, is.
here, lemme help you out a teeny tiny bit. This was in the OP, and it was really big, but I can understand why it might be easy to miss.

ykUXSDd.png

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
roach is female. at least the one in Witcher 3. not sure about other horses he's owned (he calls them all Roach). i hope they somehow can make Roach a bit goofy in the show but i doubt it.
Every horse is a Roach. And every Roach is awesome!

But yeah, it was just an expression really. Didn't even notice or remember that W3's Roach was female tbh.

Shmunter

Banned
May 28, 2018
yo lmao none of those original things were good, and they didn't get worse because of diversity pushes. Like for real Lando is the best part of all of Star Wars.

This thread has gone too far now. Reported! No just kidding. But do get some soap and wash that mouth out immediately! No just kidding, it's ok to have your opinion, even if it sucks.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
I know your heart is in the right place but people might read that and think you're against WoC Ciri. Might rephrase it so people would know you're criticizing the writing of the books.

This keeps getting repeated in every page and it's getting tiring. Sapkowski is fine with it, and what do you mean by "every other author that worked on it"? As far as I know, no one at CDPR came out against this decision. And you'd be lucky if this doesn't influence the next Witcher game if the Netflix series takes off, especially with CDPR getting blasted for the lack of minority representation in the game and with the industry moving forward in that regard.

They already made a tv show for Witcher saga, even various magazines/comics and many cardboard games and so on.
They did show everytime ciri as a white pale girl.
I don't get why it should change now, and as a fan of witcher saga as a brand (not only as a book) i'm pissed off for changing the integrity of the image of the character that is rappresented (many many times already) differently from every above mentioned work.
We will see with the time if even other rappresentitive of those "other" works will think the same or not, i'm talking only as a fan ofcrouse.

I'm not angry about the race that the actor will have or not, i just don't like when a character is not shown as decribed originally or in the all other works around..

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
They already made a tv show for Witcher saga, even various magazines/comics and many cardboard games and so on.
I don't get why it should change now, and as a fan of witcher saga as a brand (not only as a book) i'm pissed off for changing the integrity of the image of the character that is rappresented (many many times already) differently from every above mentioned work.
We will see with the time if even other rappresentitive of those "other" works will think the same or not, i'm talking only as a fan ofcrouse.

I'm not angry about the race that the actor will have or not, i just don't like when a character is not shown as decribed originally or in the all other works around..
What does her paleness bring to the table in terms of character or plot though? Is there an essential sunburn arc that the show would be foregoing?

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
My girlfriend is wary of traveling places with zero black people because she doesn't like getting stared at, so when discussing possible European travel plans we actually looked up how many black people live in Poland.

The best estimate we could get was that there were less than 100 black permanent residents in the entire country. So yeah, it's white as fuck.

But those calling for a Polish production, there was already a Polish Witcher TV show and it was terrible, so let's give the Americans a chance ;)

Poland is also racist as fuck, so be aware. Right wing/nazi groups are alive and thriving there, which is astonishing considering what they had to suffer under the nazis in the war. It's a nice country otherwise, though.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

And you claim that those who made those entertainment products are/will be upset by a girl of color playing Ciri?
What's your source on that? Or are you speaking on behalf of them?

But book readers here have already said that the Witcher 3 took liberties in terms of Geralt and Ciri's personalities? Was this not true?
Or is it changing a character's skin color that's crossing the line when it comes to changing how they were depicted in the books?

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
What does her paleness bring to the table in terms of character or plot though? Is there an essential sunburn arc that the show would be foregoing?

Why can't you just accept other people opinions?
Why should you drive the topic on the main point of interest that "YOU" see on a work/book/brand

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Here, Geralt is a power fantasy that has the fate in the world and the Northern Kingdoms in his own hands, that went from grumpy old man tired of everything (books) to cool father that gets into a snowbattle with Ciri because "oh my, she is sad, lets do something to cheer her up".
How in the world is it out of character for a gentle father figure to try to cheer up someone he cares about to an obsessive degree?
Geralt loves a good whine, but he's always been good to Ciri since the moment he stopped trying to run away from destiny.

Roach's Polish name is a feminine noun, so yeah, our boy has a clear horsey preference.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i can't say this particularly bothers me. i was fine with black Nick Fury, i'm fine with the prospect of a black/asian Ciri. if they're well written and accurate to their personalities within the book, who cares.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
And you claim that those who made those entertainment products are/will be upset by a girl of color playing Ciri?
What's your source on that? Or are you speaking on behalf of them?

if you was reading my full message, the answer was already there..
I suggest you to read again my previous message.

But book readers here have already said that the Witcher 3 took liberties in terms of Geralt and Ciri's personalities? Was this not true?
Or is it changing a character's skin color that's crossing the line when it comes to changing how they were depicted in the books?

Took liberties is different from changing.
The game itself drive the story far far away from the book itself continuing even stories and plots where the books end.
In term of Geralt and Ciri's personalities i was very happy to notice that they was almost the same as i was remembering them on the books.
Everyone has different opinions.
Try to accept them.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you was reading my full message, the answer was already there..
I suggest you to read again my previous message.
Strange, I can't see it anywhere on your post.

Took liberties is different from changing.
The game itself drive the story far far away from the book itself continuing even stories and plots where the books end.
In term of Geralt and Ciri's personalities i was very happy to notice that they was almost the same as i was remembering them on the books.
Everyone has different opinions.
Try to accept them.

"Almost as you remember them"? You don't seem to be so sure that they were accurate 1:1 depictions of their personalities in the books.

I'm fine with accepting different opinions, I'm fine with you (or anyone else) preferring Ciri's past iterations, what I'm not fine with is putting words into the authors' mouths and discrediting Sapkowski's views on the Netflix adaptation's diversity.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
i can't say this particularly bothers me. i was fine with black Nick Fury, i'm fine with the prospect of a black/asian Ciri. if they're well written and accurate to their personalities within the book, who cares.
To be fair... that might be the single most literal adaptation of a comic book character. Ultimate Nick Fury was explicitly drawn to resemble Samuel L. Jackson long before a film adaptation even became a possibility (since 2002's Ultimates).

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I dont mind what they do tbh, I will not watch it and have the good remember of the games, left netflix a lot ago cuz of their propaganda.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
"Almost as you remember them"? You don't seem to be so sure that they were accurate 1:1 depictions of their personalities in the books.

I'm fine with accepting different opinions, I'm fine with you (or anyone else) preferring Ciri's past iterations, what I'm not fine with is putting words into the authors' mouths and discrediting Sapkowski's views on the Netflix adaptation's diversity.

Well i did read the books more than 10 years ago, and play the game on day one.
Sir, my memory may fail me, that's why i said "almost as i remember them".

I didn't say anything about others Authors, only "we'll see what they think, with the time".

The main problem you can see, even right in this thread, is that giving a opinion about this matter will flag you as a raicist no matter what.
I can easily see Authors preferring no giving any opinion at all, over having this huge "public" backslash..

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017

This and Domino in Deadpool 2 are instances where I would say the character had improved due to the changes made.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say anything about others Authors, only "we'll see what they think, with the time".

The main problem you can see, even right in this thread, is that giving a opinion about this matter will flag you as a raicist no matter what.
I can easily see Authors preferring no giving any opinion at all, over having this huge "public" backslash..
So you just "know" that they'll be against it.

Alright, I guess we haven't reached mind-reading yet in this thread, but that one is off the list.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
How in the world is it out of character for a gentle father figure to try to cheer up someone he cares about to an obsessive degree?
Geralt loves a good whine, but he's always been good to Ciri since the moment he stopped trying to run away from destiny.

He deeply worries about her, but he's shown having problems when it comes to properly coping with certain emotions. I honestly can't imagine book Geralt coming up with that kind of idea, but maybe that's just me.

The scene where they wreck havoc with Avallach's lab, or when they go to Skellige or Velen to solve her unfinished business seemed much more in-character to me.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh.

Racist people will make every excuse under the sun to why they think this is a bad idea. Why she should be white or pale or whatever. Why that's important or why accuracy is important or whatever.

Truth is, racist people don't want Ciri to be not white, because they know they will care less about the character. Since people who aren't white are "less than" human. They have a harder time identifying with, looking up to, empathizing with, being attracted to, or just becoming really attached to someone who is "less than".

Not accusing everyone who against the idea is racist. But it's the ugly fucking truth about racism, and people who are this way might have a had time admitting it to themselves. And it's why some people are so desperate and frustrated that Ciri might not be white.

Personally, I think castings like this are so important. And I love the idea.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
So you just "know" that they'll be against it.

Alright, I guess we haven't reached mind-reading yet in this thread, but that one is off the list.

I don't know what are you reading.
But i kidly advice you to use google translate if you don't understand my statements, or not to read behind the lines, because clearly there is nothing hinted here and there on my messages.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

In Finnish translation there is no mention of ciris skin color.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what are you reading.
But i kidly advice you to use google translate if you don't understand my statements, or not to read behind the lines, because clearly there is nothing hinted here and there on my messages.

These are your own words. You're assuming in both instances that "the authors" will be against casting a non-white actress as Ciri.

P.S. Sometimes it's better to just let go instead of having the last word in an argument.